In-coming next week............

In-coming next week............

September 11th, 2011, 5:04 pm #1

Not a highly sought after model or rare or scare as a matter of fact but to me this one is a really simple but elegant looking watch for daily wear or could even be for dress if so desired....

I bought it quite awhile ago "semi" working.....semi as it would start and stop and it sat idly waiting it's turn when I had the funds to get it serviced!
A VERY kind and generous SCWF member saw me posting about it a few months ago and offered to either fix it for me for free or replace the movement with a working one of his own!
Finally I got around to sending it to him and he not only installed a good working movement from one of his watches but he also swapped the dial for me as it originally came with a Silver dial and he replaced the Silver with a NOS Charcoal dial and NOS chapter ring! Polished it too for me!
Thank you VERY much AJ for the great work and generosity!
I anxiously look forward to getting it back and wearing it!
Nice size too as for it being a 60s watch it's a very respectable 38mm with 20mm lugs!

September 11th, 2011, 6:52 pm #2

looks great! Nice work from AJ. ;)

September 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm #3

Not a highly sought after model or rare or scare as a matter of fact but to me this one is a really simple but elegant looking watch for daily wear or could even be for dress if so desired....

I bought it quite awhile ago "semi" working.....semi as it would start and stop and it sat idly waiting it's turn when I had the funds to get it serviced!
A VERY kind and generous SCWF member saw me posting about it a few months ago and offered to either fix it for me for free or replace the movement with a working one of his own!
Finally I got around to sending it to him and he not only installed a good working movement from one of his watches but he also swapped the dial for me as it originally came with a Silver dial and he replaced the Silver with a NOS Charcoal dial and NOS chapter ring! Polished it too for me!
Nice size too as for it being a 60s watch it's a very respectable 38mm with 20mm lugs!
nt

September 12th, 2011, 12:03 am #4

as I have NO clue whatsoever!
I at first had thought of a nice Brown Croc but then again...... perhaps a nice Black lizard or even a Black Stingray may look good!??

September 12th, 2011, 1:30 am #5

which would compliment the charcoal dial, nicely! Just MHO! Enjoy your "new" '60's Seiko!

September 12th, 2011, 1:32 am #6

.... those auto's from the 60s/70s are TIMELESS designs and do look soo good on a reptile skinned strap for sure. My personal choice would be a nice red brown croc but a nice Teju lizard would be great as well. I'm not much of a black leather guy, to formal for me, but it would look good on either color strap for sure. Nice watch