I told you yesterday that Zoodles was on an adventure today. Here is is...

I told you yesterday that Zoodles was on an adventure today. Here is is...

April 30th, 2011, 2:17 am #1

Doing some heavy hauling!

Got our float and the first load of the day...

14 Gauges in this Kenworth, some others have more...

Good view over the open road...

You need a tough watch to handle this kind of work... The Sawtooth does the trick!

They have mandated speed limiters here now. 105 km/hr or 62 mph is the limit now...

Listening to what on the satellite radio?

Yup... That's what I thought...

10-4 there good buddy!

Yup... attempting to keep this somewhat watch related...

Way more gears than the departed Chevelle!

Now we are later in the day... Load #3...

Now it is Zoodles turn to get some more practice in. Anyone else interested in picking up there AZ certification?

Got some cockpit time with this Rock Truck...

That's Zoodles over there...

Next load going on. We have to re-attach the float...

Back again...

From white collar to blue collar. What do you guys think?

Chinese watch going onto the wrist now to get into Chinese watch week...

1963 is the perfect way to get into the AWF celebrations.

April 30th, 2011, 2:30 am #2

What's the story?

------------------------------------------

April 30th, 2011, 2:33 am #3

Doing some heavy hauling!

Got our float and the first load of the day...

14 Gauges in this Kenworth, some others have more...

Good view over the open road...

You need a tough watch to handle this kind of work... The Sawtooth does the trick!

They have mandated speed limiters here now. 105 km/hr or 62 mph is the limit now...

Listening to what on the satellite radio?

Yup... That's what I thought...

10-4 there good buddy!

Yup... attempting to keep this somewhat watch related...

Way more gears than the departed Chevelle!

Now we are later in the day... Load #3...

Now it is Zoodles turn to get some more practice in. Anyone else interested in picking up there AZ certification?

Got some cockpit time with this Rock Truck...

That's Zoodles over there...

Next load going on. We have to re-attach the float...

Back again...

From white collar to blue collar. What do you guys think?

Chinese watch going onto the wrist now to get into Chinese watch week...

1963 is the perfect way to get into the AWF celebrations.
but 18 wheeler long hauls are tough, and being away from home for a week or more isnt something many would like.

But for me being a single guy, sure I'd consider it.  Good luck & Put the hammer down 10-4...

Regards- Jim

April 30th, 2011, 2:45 am #4

What's the story?

My favourite part of doing sales on the road is... Well... The road... I love to head out for 3-4 days or more and go to different cities, different motels and hotels...

Could be a complete crackpot idea... However, getting my AZ cert will mean that I will never have to be out of a job as there is a ton of demand for that around here...

I also have a contact for a company which does all of the terraforming when new subdivisions, industrial parks get built etc. I will be talking to them next week. It would mean starting out on the bottom and learning as I went. I am 40... Not dead... I am a quick learner, and am willing to shut the heck up and open my ears...

I have reinvented myself before. After University I worked for a few years before I went and got into Physiotherapy. Heck, before University I was at Algonquin College getting my Technologist Diploma in Chemical Engineering. A decade plus of sales and sales management is enough...

If last year taught me anything it is that life is way too darn short to do something you really do not like anymore. Might be time to make a new start...

April 30th, 2011, 2:54 am #5

and if thats what you feel and you enjoy traveling around for a few days here & there, well then it just sounds right to my ears.

Go for it & enjoy what your doing, life is too short to be doing something you really have had enough of. There is no lack of work in this field as you said & heck from what I've heard it pays pretty well, so go grab this by the horns & give it your all with a smile feeling happy about life.

That's all I can say, and it sounds like good news Zoodles!

Cheers, Jim

April 30th, 2011, 2:57 am #6

Even if the heavy equipment operating opportunity works out I will still budget to get my AZ and pick it up...

I have some days on the road booked for next week and while this is all well and good I still really need to go to a proper school and go from there...

Never hurts to get your feet wet though. If I got to handle that much torque and horsepower everyday then I would never need to replace the Chevelle!

April 30th, 2011, 3:25 am #7

My favourite part of doing sales on the road is... Well... The road... I love to head out for 3-4 days or more and go to different cities, different motels and hotels...

Could be a complete crackpot idea... However, getting my AZ cert will mean that I will never have to be out of a job as there is a ton of demand for that around here...

I also have a contact for a company which does all of the terraforming when new subdivisions, industrial parks get built etc. I will be talking to them next week. It would mean starting out on the bottom and learning as I went. I am 40... Not dead... I am a quick learner, and am willing to shut the heck up and open my ears...

I have reinvented myself before. After University I worked for a few years before I went and got into Physiotherapy. Heck, before University I was at Algonquin College getting my Technologist Diploma in Chemical Engineering. A decade plus of sales and sales management is enough...

If last year taught me anything it is that life is way too darn short to do something you really do not like anymore. Might be time to make a new start...
The money isn't great but I'm doing something I enjoy and I get to be creative at the same time

You're still young and you enjoy being on the road so I say go for it

April 30th, 2011, 3:36 am #8

and it is what you love so "hit the road Jack"!

poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega

April 30th, 2011, 4:08 am #9

The money isn't great but I'm doing something I enjoy and I get to be creative at the same time

You're still young and you enjoy being on the road so I say go for it

poywatch aka Boomtown
Watch Agent 007--Licensed to kill time
Education:BS WIS
University: Watch Amata U.
Fraternity: Alpha Zuan Omega

April 30th, 2011, 2:54 pm #10