Have you ever had the urge............

Have you ever had the urge............

May 28th, 2010, 8:45 pm #1

to sell a watch because you never wore it or perhaps for other reasons??
I was looking feverishly for my Seawolf and couldnt find it as I had decided to sell it......... I then remembered that I had taken it in to have a problem with it fixed and I just went to get it. As soon as I saw it I thought.....how could I ever let this little gem go??
Altho it is WAYyyyyyy smaller then I prefer my watches to be (it's 36mm) it still looks AWESOME! (at least I think it does)
This is perhaps, not to brag but one of the nicer Seawolfs condition wise I have seen. It has a NOS dial and hands and the sought after ceramic bezel with only one mark on it that you have to turn the watch just a certain way to see! I also have a NOS crystal that I have yet to get installed and the case has only one small "nick" on it. The bezels on these for some reason were made of brass and then S/S plated so usually the edges of the bezel are worn thru and brass is showing but this one has the absolute least amount of brass showing.

May 28th, 2010, 8:50 pm #2

prefer the midsized watches in your collection, so save them for later! hahaha! then there is no reason to kick yourself in the pants hahaha!

May 28th, 2010, 9:09 pm #3

I am leaning just a bit at the mid-size now!
Now......if I can only find that 38mm Seiko or Citizen white dial no day/date "dress watch I am seeking!

May 28th, 2010, 9:13 pm #4

nt

May 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm #5

I want to put a ZULU strap on this Zodiac...... which color would look best......... OD Green, Black or Tan??

May 28th, 2010, 10:08 pm #6

distinct look...depends how formal or sporty you feel with your watches.

The tan idea popped into my head...since it is not usual to see it. I did once install the tan zulu on a Seiko 200m dress diver Kinetic and thought it cool looking.

Since the zulus are so easy to switch out, you can go black for more 'formal' looks haha! This is because black will refocus the eyes on the watch head itself.

Green suggests summer/ or military and would be complementary to the lume pip....hehehe!

May 29th, 2010, 4:37 am #7

to sell a watch because you never wore it or perhaps for other reasons??
I was looking feverishly for my Seawolf and couldnt find it as I had decided to sell it......... I then remembered that I had taken it in to have a problem with it fixed and I just went to get it. As soon as I saw it I thought.....how could I ever let this little gem go??
Altho it is WAYyyyyyy smaller then I prefer my watches to be (it's 36mm) it still looks AWESOME! (at least I think it does)
This is perhaps, not to brag but one of the nicer Seawolfs condition wise I have seen. It has a NOS dial and hands and the sought after ceramic bezel with only one mark on it that you have to turn the watch just a certain way to see! I also have a NOS crystal that I have yet to get installed and the case has only one small "nick" on it. The bezels on these for some reason were made of brass and then S/S plated so usually the edges of the bezel are worn thru and brass is showing but this one has the absolute least amount of brass showing.
That is a very nice Zodiac.
I like you dig the bigger watches. But as Thian pointed out, also am rethinking the herd and sizes. I'm really digging the midsize and entertaining the ideas of some.
I had the chance of wearing an Omega like Thian's a black cal.1441 and was impressed at how comfy and nice it felt.
So, I'm at a cross roads. I'm contemplating a redirection of my focus and may be heading for a firesale. hehe.
Whats the caseback look like on this baby?
I'm taking a liking to it?

Cheers, Dave.

May 29th, 2010, 4:58 am #8

as the 1441 is rare! My 2nd edition with saber hands is just as nice....but the champagne dial 2 tone 1441 caliber was icing on the cake! These two, plus my Seiko adventure Landtrek 41mm are my 3 'favs', even eclipsing the 6309...believe it or not! haha1

May 29th, 2010, 6:28 am #9

That is a very nice Zodiac.
I like you dig the bigger watches. But as Thian pointed out, also am rethinking the herd and sizes. I'm really digging the midsize and entertaining the ideas of some.
I had the chance of wearing an Omega like Thian's a black cal.1441 and was impressed at how comfy and nice it felt.
So, I'm at a cross roads. I'm contemplating a redirection of my focus and may be heading for a firesale. hehe.
Whats the caseback look like on this baby?
I'm taking a liking to it?

Cheers, Dave.
Actually the back side is rather boring........

As I have mentioned many a time before tho....... these Zodiacs are hard to beat for the money! This one is obviously from the 60s but it runs like a top!!