Got my birthday and Christmas gift tonight at Kay Jewelers in the mall>

Got my birthday and Christmas gift tonight at Kay Jewelers in the mall>

October 23rd, 2010, 12:41 am #1

New Bulova Precisionist with brown dial and brown gator strap. I am thrilled. Been waiting to see one of these 10 second a year smooth second hand beauties for a few months now ever since reading about them in WatchTime magazine. I just got back so no pictures yet. Will post more later.

Boomtown

October 23rd, 2010, 12:45 am #2

------------------------------------------

October 23rd, 2010, 12:58 am #3

New Bulova Precisionist with brown dial and brown gator strap. I am thrilled. Been waiting to see one of these 10 second a year smooth second hand beauties for a few months now ever since reading about them in WatchTime magazine. I just got back so no pictures yet. Will post more later.

Boomtown

post your impressions!

October 23rd, 2010, 1:03 am #4

Bulova Precisionist Claremont
96B128
Bulova’s expertise with timing accuracy is matched by style in the handsome presentation of the Precisionist Claremont. Select from your choice of black or brown dial with individual recesses for every numeral, polished hour and minute hands with luminous material, and date aperture at 3, all encased within polished stainless steel. Also inside is the new Precisionist technology, which is accurate to 10 seconds a year due to the torsional resonator which yields 8 times the vibration frequency of traditional quartz watch. 3ATM, case diameter 44mm, crystal is convex curved mineral crystal, with lugs curved sharply downward for custom wrist fit.

Boomtown

October 23rd, 2010, 1:08 am #5

Boomtown

http://www.bulova.com/dynamic_repositor ... IONIST.pdf

Boomtown

October 23rd, 2010, 1:13 am #6

Bulova Precisionist Claremont
96B128
Bulova’s expertise with timing accuracy is matched by style in the handsome presentation of the Precisionist Claremont. Select from your choice of black or brown dial with individual recesses for every numeral, polished hour and minute hands with luminous material, and date aperture at 3, all encased within polished stainless steel. Also inside is the new Precisionist technology, which is accurate to 10 seconds a year due to the torsional resonator which yields 8 times the vibration frequency of traditional quartz watch. 3ATM, case diameter 44mm, crystal is convex curved mineral crystal, with lugs curved sharply downward for custom wrist fit.

Boomtown

October 23rd, 2010, 1:15 am #7

post your impressions!
I'm looking forward to this review as well

I suspect this technology may have a huge impact on the die hard mechanical watch nuts out there :-O

October 23rd, 2010, 1:21 am #8

there is no problem creating crystals that oscillate at ten or a hundred times faster than the standard 32k quartz crystal.

I suspect this is nothing more than marketing hype like nitrogen filled tires or nitrogen enriched gasoline.

Citizen is purposely deflecting attention away from something they have done to achieve this milestone. Perhaps it's so dead simple that it would be anticlimactic to actually mention it.

No matter; what ever they did, I want a watch with this movement...just have to wait until they make one that I like

October 23rd, 2010, 1:33 am #9

Boomtown

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/bulova- ... 77051.html

Boomtown

October 23rd, 2010, 1:47 am #10

dis the technology.

I have long wanted a quartz watch that had a true sweep hand. This is absolutely the best of both worlds!

Perhaps the smooth sweep of the new watch threatens those who hold dear to old and irrational beliefs...how could a quartz watch have any soul; it's seconds hand jumps like an animatron!

A nice smooth sweep hand simply blows away any arguments about the visual proof that only mechanical watches have 'soul'

Now all we have to do is wait for Bulova/Citizen to bring out some models that appeal to the WIS