For Citizen collectors, and interested others! - is this useful?.....

For Citizen collectors, and interested others! - is this useful?.....

April 5th, 2012, 10:18 pm #1

...alongside updating the Movement Table, I've been working on a first 'family tree' to show how a base movement is used both for the development of a particular model, and its use in other lines and grades of watches. I've started with the 020 movement, which is humble Homer hand winder first made in 1960. However, it's interesting to see what other models the same base caliber was used in.

Although this is only quick and dirty scan under a desk lamp at this stage, I'd be interested to know what others think as well so I'd welcome any comments:

Stephen

April 5th, 2012, 11:13 pm #2

Hi Stephen. Thanks for that. Publishing this info on our forum is a great resource. Cheers Phil

April 6th, 2012, 3:00 am #3

nt

April 6th, 2012, 4:53 am #4

...alongside updating the Movement Table, I've been working on a first 'family tree' to show how a base movement is used both for the development of a particular model, and its use in other lines and grades of watches. I've started with the 020 movement, which is humble Homer hand winder first made in 1960. However, it's interesting to see what other models the same base caliber was used in.

Although this is only quick and dirty scan under a desk lamp at this stage, I'd be interested to know what others think as well so I'd welcome any comments:

Stephen
the visual is so easy to read and find a calibre at a glance

------------------------------------------

April 6th, 2012, 12:43 pm #5

Stephen
added a bit more info to the tree and uploaded it, so it's available via my blog:http://sweep-hand.org/

Stephen

April 8th, 2012, 12:25 pm #6

Stephen
this time on the 52 automatic calber, which includes the well-known Crystal Seven line.

Access via my blog:http://sweep-hand.org/

Stephen

April 8th, 2012, 3:18 pm #7

that the Seiko folks would be envious of

Great stuff; keep it coming

------------------------------------------

April 8th, 2012, 3:38 pm #8

.....it keeps me off the streets!

Stephen