Flickr............Well its not Photobucket thats for sure..>>>>

Flickr............Well its not Photobucket thats for sure..>>>>

December 19th, 2010, 7:25 pm #1

Im up to my limit on Photobucket so had to come up with alternatives.So logged in and opened an account on flickr?????Oh my God how hard is it to post a pic on here from Flickr.
It just wont work for some reason!!!!Damn it ive tried everything and all it will post is the link.

THIAN I NEED YOUR HELP....I know you use this.
All my settings are for all access and ive gone into share then copy and paste either the html or bb code and still Nada...

Theneilo uk

December 19th, 2010, 7:38 pm #2

Simply open up a new PB account with a new e-mail address and then you will have all that fresh space for more photos

------------------------------------------

December 19th, 2010, 7:43 pm #3

cut loose of $40/year and go with SmugMug. Unlimited storage and no ads ever. I think Zoodles finally went there and I'm sure he'll back me up. You'll get a 30 day free trial, so no hassle there.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan

December 19th, 2010, 8:19 pm #4

Im up to my limit on Photobucket so had to come up with alternatives.So logged in and opened an account on flickr?????Oh my God how hard is it to post a pic on here from Flickr.
It just wont work for some reason!!!!Damn it ive tried everything and all it will post is the link.

All my settings are for all access and ive gone into share then copy and paste either the html or bb code and still Nada...

Theneilo uk

>
for the above insert, I logged into flickr:
chose the photo i wanted
chose HTML option, chose size
right cliked, highlit contents of code ..clikked copy
opened post here
clikked Paste
all the code only shows up
then (the only pain)I back space to remove code line up to WIDTH
I also place the cursor at the img and backspace to the beginning to remove that code line so that only IMAGE shows for a cleaner look.

Yes, it seems a longer way around than using PB, but it now works for me. PB keeps changing its format and gets to be just as long grabbing image!
I have to single out one image and then copy IMG code. Just clikking on an image and clikking on the IMG ...saying COPY...does not work for me .....but I will again try finding the series of moves in PB...just to prove to myself I am doing it right...
As for MikeyTs suggestion, yes one can cough up the bucks....but I am cheap so I initially tried Flickr and was pleased.

Test using PB again...for some reason FFox with XP takes forever to render and waiting is long! I clikked on the image...waited to have only the one image show up , clikked on IMGcode, yellow color said COPIED....then came here and pasted....worked..
When PB changed its format, I tried copy/paste and it did not show up....got totally frustrated and wasted my time.....so I went to Flicker and that worked for me...at least it has been reliable and works everytime.....
Ubuntu is the fastest of the OS ...but I do not have all my photos carried over....so I process all shots in XP, upload to flicker and some times to PB as backup.....then when I need to post a shot, I usually use Ubuntu.....

Neil, you other option is to save all your photos onto a USB stick, then delete older shots so you have enough space again...I do this.....but you would have to decide which older photos you have not used in a long time.....or as in my case...no longer have ! haha!

[/IMG]
Last edited by thianwong on December 19th, 2010, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 19th, 2010, 8:41 pm #5

Simply open up a new PB account with a new e-mail address and then you will have all that fresh space for more photos

------------------------------------------

Thanks Peter.Had to do some quick moving and thinking for email addresses but ive sorted it.Thian Flickr is just too complicated im afraid but thanks for the description on using it.I actually did all that and still no pics im afraid.Will stick to what i know with PB.

Theneilo uk

December 19th, 2010, 8:46 pm #6

using FF in XP, your photo was taking up to 60 seconds to show up from PB!!!!...pissed me off...so I just now switched to Ubuntu hahaha!

December 20th, 2010, 5:31 am #7

Theneilo uk

I click the photo on Flickr and click actions top left then view all sizes and select large then right click and click 'copy image location' and then paste to AWF. More steps than PB, but I wanted to use Ubuntu only and once you get used to it, it is a snap and faster than it sounds.

Boomtown

December 20th, 2010, 5:45 am #8

nt