Considering this one....been lookking for a

Considering this one....been lookking for a

April 12th, 2011, 11:23 pm #1

Seiko Sarb031 lookalike but bigger....I found the Sarb, as beautiful as it is, just way too small for my liking. I came across this orient which looks very much like the sarb but is a little thin, and is quartz. It is 40MM diam though. It also has the day which I think detracts from the simple elegant look of the watch, but hey, it looks nice annd it's only $115.00
Wayne Lees watch site is selling it. Haven't seen it anywhere else and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this one.

April 12th, 2011, 11:26 pm #2

thin and elegant, I like it! ;) nt

April 12th, 2011, 11:31 pm #3

Seiko Sarb031 lookalike but bigger....I found the Sarb, as beautiful as it is, just way too small for my liking. I came across this orient which looks very much like the sarb but is a little thin, and is quartz. It is 40MM diam though. It also has the day which I think detracts from the simple elegant look of the watch, but hey, it looks nice annd it's only $115.00
Wayne Lees watch site is selling it. Haven't seen it anywhere else and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this one.

April 13th, 2011, 12:02 am #4

Boomtown

April 13th, 2011, 12:21 am #5

a nice example from Orient....I prefer day/date usually but have some watches plain...good price IMO on that one.....likely auto 469 movement? (Orient's bulletproof auto movement)

""

April 13th, 2011, 12:34 am #6

that's a nice one Rene....what's the diameter of it?...want to sell?

April 13th, 2011, 12:41 am #7

Diameter is 37mm and it's 11mm thick!
I bought it NOS about 8 (?) months ago and have worn it but a handfull of times! IF I recall correctly it's a 1966 model and has NEVER been opened or serviced! Runs like a champ!
IF I ever do decide to sell it I'll let ya know!

April 13th, 2011, 12:46 am #8

Boomtown