Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0955

Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0955

May 13th, 2012, 10:46 pm #1

Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0955 with thermocompensated A660 movement. Stock picture below:

Case and bracelet: titanium with Duratect finish;
Dial: black;
Crystal: sapphire with double anti-reflective coating;
WR 10 BAR (100 meters);
Perpetual calendar;
Independently-adjustable hour hand (makes time-zone and DST changes dead-easy);
Lume (non-toxic) on hands and hour markers;
Battery Life: 5 years;
Specified Accuracy: ± 5 seconds per year;
Case diameter: 38 mm.;
Case thickness: 10.3 mm.;
Weight: 81 g.;
Comes with original box and English-language Manual;
6 years left on 10-year Citizen warranty (administered through Higuchi from whom the watch was purchased).

I purchased this watch in summer, 2008 and have been the only owner. In extensive timing tests, I found this specimen to stay within +2 seconds per year when worn--better than the specified ± 5 s/y. This watch has been worn very little over the four-year span of my ownership, as I have moved on to other thermocompensated watches along the way, and have worn them to test their accuracy, and thus it is in excellent condition with almost no signs of wear. The watch should be due for a battery replacement within the next year, but see below.

As part of the 10-year warranty, Citizen states in the Manual:

"Periodical inspections are performed free of charge whenever the battery is replaced during the warranty period to inspect water resistance performance and other functions and ensure that you can use your watch for a long time without worry."

Today's prices for this model vary between $3300 and $3500 from different online sellers. My price: $1850, which includes shipping anywhere in North America. I will ship worldwide, but would have to calculate shipping charges separately for each country to determine how much to add (for most countries, not very much) for international shipping.

May 21st, 2012, 6:50 pm #2

Price reduced, May 21: now $1700.00 shipped.

May 27th, 2012, 5:46 pm #3

Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0955 with thermocompensated A660 movement. Stock picture below:

Case and bracelet: titanium with Duratect finish;
Dial: black;
Crystal: sapphire with double anti-reflective coating;
WR 10 BAR (100 meters);
Perpetual calendar;
Independently-adjustable hour hand (makes time-zone and DST changes dead-easy);
Lume (non-toxic) on hands and hour markers;
Battery Life: 5 years;
Specified Accuracy: ± 5 seconds per year;
Case diameter: 38 mm.;
Case thickness: 10.3 mm.;
Weight: 81 g.;
Comes with original box and English-language Manual;
6 years left on 10-year Citizen warranty (administered through Higuchi from whom the watch was purchased).

I purchased this watch in summer, 2008 and have been the only owner. In extensive timing tests, I found this specimen to stay within +2 seconds per year when worn--better than the specified ± 5 s/y. This watch has been worn very little over the four-year span of my ownership, as I have moved on to other thermocompensated watches along the way, and have worn them to test their accuracy, and thus it is in excellent condition with almost no signs of wear. The watch should be due for a battery replacement within the next year, but see below.

As part of the 10-year warranty, Citizen states in the Manual:

"Periodical inspections are performed free of charge whenever the battery is replaced during the warranty period to inspect water resistance performance and other functions and ensure that you can use your watch for a long time without worry."

Today's prices for this model vary between $3300 and $3500 from different online sellers. My price: $1850, which includes shipping anywhere in North America. I will ship worldwide, but would have to calculate shipping charges separately for each country to determine how much to add (for most countries, not very much) for international shipping.
Watch is sold.