AlbertaTime finally got a Seiko...a Seiko...a Seiko.

AlbertaTime finally got a Seiko...a Seiko...a Seiko.

February 19th, 2011, 12:13 am #1

Analog quartz SND219P1 w/ Cal. 7T92 movement acquired brand spankin' new with box, book and tag from a Canadian dealer ( at a great price, too ).

I really like my Alpha Panda PN but given that it's a mechanical with a screw-down crown it's a bit of a drawer queen and worn only on sorta risk-free occasions.

But I wanted a daily wear Panda just because I like the look. Looked around and found this model...and since it was about time I got a Seiko...

When I purchased this I expected I'd wait till it arrived and then decide on a leather strap...but I sized the bracelet today and even though it isn't solid link, it's very comfortable...so I might just leave it like it is. We'll see...

And everybody who has mentioned how much fun it is to watch the glorious spin of the 1/20 wheel at the top...?

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

AMCH/PR - Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River
Last edited by AlbertaTime on February 19th, 2011, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 19th, 2011, 12:26 am #2

nt

February 19th, 2011, 1:15 am #3

Analog quartz SND219P1 w/ Cal. 7T92 movement acquired brand spankin' new with box, book and tag from a Canadian dealer ( at a great price, too ).

I really like my Alpha Panda PN but given that it's a mechanical with a screw-down crown it's a bit of a drawer queen and worn only on sorta risk-free occasions.

But I wanted a daily wear Panda just because I like the look. Looked around and found this model...and since it was about time I got a Seiko...

When I purchased this I expected I'd wait till it arrived and then decide on a leather strap...but I sized the bracelet today and even though it isn't solid link, it's very comfortable...so I might just leave it like it is. We'll see...

And everybody who has mentioned how much fun it is to watch the glorious spin of the 1/20 wheel at the top...?

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

You are true WIS..,you give equal opportunity to all brands.

I doubt you will ever be disappointed with this watch.
And I hope it doesn't steer you of your chosen collecting path; CMWs

------------------------------------------

February 19th, 2011, 1:31 am #4

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

I like it.
Congrats to you

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

February 19th, 2011, 1:32 am #5

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

and a nice addition to augment that museum of yours.

February 19th, 2011, 2:09 am #6

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

Well about time! haha, surprised it took so long after seeing all kinds of Seiko posts.

Glad you got your feet wet, will flood gates be open now? hehe.

enjoy that cool chrono.

February 19th, 2011, 4:19 am #7

...any more than my Mido, or HMT, or Casios or Boctok or Moranbong did...

...but here's the method to my madness: I wanted the daily wear Panda and one more affordable general wear and somewhat modern non-Chinese watch for my "wear most of the time" collection (probably a two-tone sorta-Sub of some variety, or maybe a Seiko Monster or some such) and then, according to my budget, all my spare $$$ are headed to the "get me to Shijiazhuang and Taihang" envelope so I expect to be buying no more watches after the next arrival until I get to China.

Besides Shijiazhuang, this is where I'm headed...these two destinations are the only two places on my bucket list.

I want to have some $$$ saved so I can get some vintage watches first hand when I get to China, and have a whale of a good time while I'm there

(In the meantime, I've put away a few spare dollars for straps, and if I get watch-bored between now and then, a strap change is gonna have to do). I don't party much, and other than my watch hobby, I live pretty simply so---even though I know nothing makes God laugh like telling him your plans--that's my plan and I'm stickin' to it. So, until I get to China, then, my Chinese watch collection is really as good as its gonna get. And that's okay--I'm pretty happy with it just as it is

February 19th, 2011, 4:46 am #8

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

.... I like the Panda look and that one is a NICE one ! I'm not a big fan of folded link bracelets but Seiko makes some of the best GOOD, GOOD decision

February 19th, 2011, 7:49 am #9

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

Congratulations, looks very good!

February 19th, 2011, 1:10 pm #10

oooooh YEAH!!!!!

The pix:

That is a nice looking watch, Ron, and as you said, that spinning hand is a bit hypnotic.

MikeyT
In the Thumb of Michigan