Aha....... I found the Bulova I was looking for!

Aha....... I found the Bulova I was looking for!

December 19th, 2010, 10:35 pm #1

well.......... the trip to the Mall wasnt as 1/2 bad as I thought it would be! Despite the constant drizzle, cold and wind we were lucky to get a close spot by the entrance, make our way in and the Wife somehow in record time got her shopping done!
I of course while there had to go look for that Bulova I had seen and I found it!!!!
Here it is......... plain, simple unpretentious and MUCH nicer in person.
It's 38mm diameter but looks more like 40mm due to it being all dial and it has a GORGEOUS shimmery pattern Silver dial!
Measures a nifty 7mm thickness.
THIS one would look absolutely stunning on a Honey Croc band.

BTW........ price was pretty good as well....... $199.00 on sale for $179.00 and I have a Macys $25.00 Gift cert that I can also apply to it bringing it down even further to: $154.00

December 19th, 2010, 10:57 pm #2

seen it in person. I've been thinking exactley as you, putting it
on a nice honey brown strap.
I've only seen it on-line so I've hesitated. Is it one of those
really thin quartz type watches?
I'm hoping it has a little thickness to the case.
If you pick it up, post some pics.

December 19th, 2010, 11:05 pm #3

well.......... the trip to the Mall wasnt as 1/2 bad as I thought it would be! Despite the constant drizzle, cold and wind we were lucky to get a close spot by the entrance, make our way in and the Wife somehow in record time got her shopping done!
I of course while there had to go look for that Bulova I had seen and I found it!!!!
Here it is......... plain, simple unpretentious and MUCH nicer in person.
It's 38mm diameter but looks more like 40mm due to it being all dial and it has a GORGEOUS shimmery pattern Silver dial!
Measures a nifty 7mm thickness.
THIS one would look absolutely stunning on a Honey Croc band.

BTW........ price was pretty good as well....... $199.00 on sale for $179.00 and I have a Macys $25.00 Gift cert that I can also apply to it bringing it down even further to: $154.00
http://www.discountwatchstore.com/Bulov ... 17544.html

I tried this one on and liked it. It was fairly thin but I really liked the simplicity of it and the nice classic lines. Great for a casual/dress watch. Not sure which one I should get.

http://www.jomashop.com/bulova-casual-96b120.html

December 19th, 2010, 11:43 pm #4

and it too is very thin but the date is SO, SO tiny you can barely see it.
The 96a115 I like is absolutely GORGEOUS in person and like I mentioned before it has a shimmery SILVER dial...NOT white like most of the ADS on the NET state.
It is indeed VERY thin which kinda turned me off a bit (ads claim it to be only 6mm ) but once I strapped that beauty on..... the thinness did not bother me at all! With a Honey Croc band on it...... it would be an ABSOLUTE knockout watch!!

December 20th, 2010, 1:08 am #5

http://www.discountwatchstore.com/Bulov ... 17544.html

I tried this one on and liked it. It was fairly thin but I really liked the simplicity of it and the nice classic lines. Great for a casual/dress watch. Not sure which one I should get.

http://www.jomashop.com/bulova-casual-96b120.html
sometimes you need to know the date and having it handy is nice! even if you have to draw the watch to within 10 inches of your nose! hehehe!

December 20th, 2010, 1:11 am #6

You can always call someone and ask them what the date is

I have to agree though; I find the date more desireable than nothing and better than day and date...when I get to the point where I have to check to see what day it is; I'll be retired and won't give a darn

------------------------------------------

December 20th, 2010, 1:25 am #7

and if really needed for time telling...BUT I'm still old world and seldom think of checking the cellphone for time! hahaha!

December 20th, 2010, 2:18 am #8

sometimes you need to know the date and having it handy is nice! even if you have to draw the watch to within 10 inches of your nose! hehehe!
almost looks as if Bulova put it there as an afterthought! As mentioned, it/s SO small it looks out of place! Simplicity was the look I was looking for and the 96a115 is about as simple as one can get!

December 20th, 2010, 6:17 am #9

nt

December 20th, 2010, 6:22 am #10

You know..............I never even noticed it until just now....... mine has no seconds hand!