Abit OT but here's a new lid I got for next winter....

Abit OT but here's a new lid I got for next winter....

April 11th, 2011, 2:00 am #1

.... another Akubra from David Morgan Co. up in Seattle. It's called a "Squatter" and is a nice wide brimmed Fedora Chascom, I see you over on the Lounge occasionally.

April 11th, 2011, 2:09 am #2

I forget the story but it may well be the same chapeau

------------------------------------------

April 11th, 2011, 2:20 am #3

.... another Akubra from David Morgan Co. up in Seattle. It's called a "Squatter" and is a nice wide brimmed Fedora Chascom, I see you over on the Lounge occasionally.

That Squatter should be an excellent winter hat. A shame that spring has already arrived over there. You won't get much wear out of it for a while.

Last week the first rains arrived so I wore my Federation IV for a couple of days. That's similar dimensions to the Squatter, I think.

April 11th, 2011, 2:21 am #4

I forget the story but it may well be the same chapeau

.... ALL watches look alike A center dent/ front pinched hat is pressumed to be an "Indy" hat

April 11th, 2011, 2:25 am #5

That Squatter should be an excellent winter hat. A shame that spring has already arrived over there. You won't get much wear out of it for a while.

Last week the first rains arrived so I wore my Federation IV for a couple of days. That's similar dimensions to the Squatter, I think.
... dry creased ( or "bashed" it as you folks say), took some pics with my friends camera and it is put back up in the box till next October/November when it will get below 60 degrees (F) over here. We have a climate much like the Outback in OZ I've been told by some Aussie friends I have worked with.

April 11th, 2011, 2:56 am #6

.... ALL watches look alike A center dent/ front pinched hat is pressumed to be an "Indy" hat
you might notice that Harrison Ford has worn at least two distinctly different styles of Fedora in the Indiana movies. The ones being sold on ePrey as authentic don't actually come that close to the originals...mine included.
But I like mine for how it looks; not who wore it

April 11th, 2011, 3:23 am #7

.... hats and there are about 2/3 custom hatters that can make any one of 'em!! It's all just a bit anal for me

April 11th, 2011, 4:18 am #8

This is the one I picked up in South Africa..

Cheers

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand

April 11th, 2011, 4:27 am #9

.... hats and there are about 2/3 custom hatters that can make any one of 'em!! It's all just a bit anal for me
I looked into it the other day for the first time. It was astounding the amount of research that has gone into this topic by the Club Obi Wan crowd and others. I learned a few things about the finer points of hat styling, but there is no way that I would go into it that deep, even if I was the biggest Indy fan ever. Which I'm not.

I guess my point is:

A man wears a hat, not the other way around.

So even if you want to look just like Indiana Jones, the answer is not making a hat exactly the same as was worn by Harrison Ford in one of the movies ...unless you look just like Harrison Ford. Because if you don't have the same build, face shape and hat size, you're going to look like a guy wearing Harrison Ford's hat. What you actually need is a hat which complements your natural features in a way that gives the overall effect of Indiana Jones. Likewise if you want to look like Humphrey Bogart, Frank Sinatra or a young Richard Nixon (hey, somebody might).

For the rest of us, it is enough to just look in the mirror and decide what style might work to make us look exactly like ourselves.

April 11th, 2011, 4:27 am #10

This is the one I picked up in South Africa..

Cheers

http://anzacsorientwatchspot.blogspot.com/

Tony Lewis
New Zealand
could not keep them straight. Had to take back about every month for an adjustment. One night I laid them on the bed and rolled over on them and that was the end of them. Never worked right afterward and the lenses would sometimes fall out. I finally trashed them after about 8 months.

Boomtown