A show of Hands Please!!!!..>>>>>

A show of Hands Please!!!!..>>>>>

December 17th, 2010, 8:35 pm #1

Because after Wearing this all day Today i think my Conclusion is either i need Glasses or when checking the time on this Boss it needs Clearer Hands.
I have had to Check at least Twice to read the time Correctly Today.

Surely a Set Of Black Owl Eye Hands would have been a more suitable option?

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

December 17th, 2010, 8:48 pm #2

hassle....either black hands for higher constrast...or in some cases hands outlined with reflecting liner, which would catch light and give you a hint of the time....some of my watches have this hands outline but I need to turn the wrist to catch ambient light!

December 18th, 2010, 12:39 am #3

Because after Wearing this all day Today i think my Conclusion is either i need Glasses or when checking the time on this Boss it needs Clearer Hands.

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

the hands need some contrast for better viewing. Perhaps a mod is in store for that dial.

Had that problem with this silver dial Omega. It just bugged me, so got flipped. Great mov't though.
[/IMG]
Last edited by sharkfinDave on December 18th, 2010, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 18th, 2010, 10:57 am #4

My Boss,Shame as its a gorgeous Watch.

Theneilo uk

December 18th, 2010, 10:58 am #5

hassle....either black hands for higher constrast...or in some cases hands outlined with reflecting liner, which would catch light and give you a hint of the time....some of my watches have this hands outline but I need to turn the wrist to catch ambient light!
Next Door to compliment the Chapter Ring?
Possible he is right.

Theneilo uk

December 18th, 2010, 11:17 am #6

The orange color does pick up the inner chapter ring orange numbers.....but it seems those handsets are a bit too thin for my eye and the hour hand too short???

It really is a personal taste thing for you, I would guess if you were to install them and like them.

But, to keep the overall design intention of the dial, skeleton hands with round ends, the skeleton shafts allowing the dial color to show through....and the LENGTHS of the original hands matching the round dial markers.....then I would switch the black handset from your orange dial model and see how effective time viewing would be..at a glance.

Here is a little trick to see if any handset is good to go for fast time reading:

place several of your fav watches by the Kinetic and squint your eyes slowly as you peer at the watch group. As you squint, less light is entering your eye, and the better contrasting watches and hands will always stick out from the dials for easy reading!

As I do this to my rotation group in front of me now, of course all have black dials and the hands easily are seen. But the old Tauchmeister with the modded PINK handset just beats them all!

So, your black handset from the orange dial model would certainly stand out against the ivory color dial. ( similar to full dial lumed watches where the handsets are always dark/black.
Last edited by thianwong on December 18th, 2010, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 18th, 2010, 1:59 pm #7

those hands he showed are too anorexic for my Liking for such a big watch,They would show up better no doubt but would be lost in the Dial.
When i have time im going to try the Orange Swap and see what it looks like.Its really bothering me Thian as im wearing the white Boss again at work now and its just not clear to read the time at a glance.
Thian Thanks for taking the time to write such an informative solution.Great Stuff my friend as always.

Theneilo uk

December 18th, 2010, 2:36 pm #8

[/IMG]

Theneilo uk

Interesting, my Yellow Kinetzila (BFK) has same hands but in black!

December 18th, 2010, 4:38 pm #9

My Boss,Shame as its a gorgeous Watch.

Theneilo uk

------------------------------------------

December 19th, 2010, 12:44 pm #10

Interesting, my Yellow Kinetzila (BFK) has same hands but in black!
Its the Boss White Dial that has the problem,Just so hard to Read at a glance.

Theneilo uk