A little something different arrived yesterday.........

A little something different arrived yesterday.........

April 20th, 2012, 4:17 pm #1

This cool little (41mm) Citizen was received yesterday!
When I first saw them about 8-10 years ago I wanted one but the price was too high and I passed on it! Since then I have regretted not picking one up and have searched on/off again with no luck until recently.
Someone on another board had one and was willing to part with it so I grabbed it!
It's what's called a "photo eye" or "shutter eye" as the windows open and close just like the shutter of a camera does!
After two minutes or so the lens closes and there is virtually NO sign of any lines. Features a count down timer, alarm, date and times for 30 different cities. With the push of the lower right button the lens will pop open to reveal the time etc or whatever you happen to have it set for! Has a nice blue backlight that shows for about 5 seconds then it closes.
I need however to take it to my watch guy as I noticed immediately that the crystal has fogging on the inside and believe that the AR coating is wearing off or it could simply be that it needs to be cleaned......I'll know further when the watch maker has had a chance to examine it! Worst case is it may need a new crystal which Citizen still luckily has available as the watch was made in 92

April 20th, 2012, 11:25 pm #2

...I particularly like the super slender second hand, very nicely done.

Stephen

April 21st, 2012, 12:24 am #3

even with my tired old eyes!
Here ia a pic of the front with the "eyes" closed.

One of the simple but nice clean case back!

(NOTE) above images are "borrowed" from the NET)
Another note is that when viewing the watch in person the dial appears to be Jet Black but as you can see from the pics it's actually a VERY dark Blue and quite attractive!

April 21st, 2012, 1:43 am #4

but I can see the appeal.

It should provide you with something different on those days when you just don't feel like being one of the herd

Love the 3/32 bolt style crown

------------------------------------------

April 21st, 2012, 2:18 am #5

it really is a different and cool watch I think.
Another nice thing about it and I know it sounds anal but the seconds hand hits each tick right on target.

April 21st, 2012, 4:37 am #6

When I first saw them about 8-10 years ago I wanted one but the price was too high and I passed on it! Since then I have regretted not picking one up and have searched on/off again with no luck until recently.
Someone on another board had one and was willing to part with it so I grabbed it!
It's what's called a "photo eye" or "shutter eye" as the windows open and close just like the shutter of a camera does!
After two minutes or so the lens closes and there is virtually NO sign of any lines. Features a count down timer, alarm, date and times for 30 different cities. With the push of the lower right button the lens will pop open to reveal the time etc or whatever you happen to have it set for! Has a nice blue backlight that shows for about 5 seconds then it closes.
I need however to take it to my watch guy as I noticed immediately that the crystal has fogging on the inside and believe that the AR coating is wearing off or it could simply be that it needs to be cleaned......I'll know further when the watch maker has had a chance to examine it! Worst case is it may need a new crystal which Citizen still luckily has available as the watch was made in 92

I haven't seen one of those for a long time (nt)

April 21st, 2012, 5:44 pm #7

Citizen must not have made very many of them or those who do have them may just be hoarding them! The one I received is actually the 1st. I have seen in years!

April 22nd, 2012, 3:29 pm #8

Me like

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*