6309 Scubapro 450 Mod.....Im liking it...>>>>

6309 Scubapro 450 Mod.....Im liking it...>>>>

November 4th, 2010, 9:16 pm #1

Had this a while now and although it gets very little wrist time i do think it works for a mod.Iconic Watch thrown into a 6309 polished up with new gaskets new crystal and casework,serviced and oiled,Vibrographed and keeping great time.Yup it works for me and money well spent.

Theneilo uk

November 4th, 2010, 9:25 pm #2

but I too had a 6309 mod called my TOUCAN....thought I'd never sell it and the 7548 twin mod, done by Noah. Both Seikos were iconic in its own caliber class.

But.....after making a tough decision on downsizing, they went..to eventually get  the Tsunami, a watch which is/will be Iconic in its own category: based on the 6309, new 6R15 caliber and open to buyer mods from Noah's included options!! so this makes the watch personal.

In anycase, we all love our hobby!

November 4th, 2010, 11:07 pm #3

Had this a while now and although it gets very little wrist time i do think it works for a mod.Iconic Watch thrown into a 6309 polished up with new gaskets new crystal and casework,serviced and oiled,Vibrographed and keeping great time.Yup it works for me and money well spent.

Theneilo uk

It just looks SO good

------------------------------------------

November 6th, 2010, 12:58 pm #4

Scubapro Redials i have seen so far.Crystal has a few blemishes actually within the crystal itself so must be a cheaper version.Overall all the seals are done and the movement is sparkling clean.Pressure tested to 100m and passed this week so even good to go for my Diving trip next year.

Theneilo uk

November 6th, 2010, 12:59 pm #5

but I too had a 6309 mod called my TOUCAN....thought I'd never sell it and the 7548 twin mod, done by Noah. Both Seikos were iconic in its own caliber class.

But.....after making a tough decision on downsizing, they went..to eventually get  the Tsunami, a watch which is/will be Iconic in its own category: based on the 6309, new 6R15 caliber and open to buyer mods from Noah's included options!! so this makes the watch personal.

In anycase, we all love our hobby!
Never thought you would sell it?Then again like we discussed on thinning the herd its a sacrifice you have to do.

Theneilo uk

November 6th, 2010, 1:40 pm #6

Theneilo uk

You're on a roll Neilo!

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

November 6th, 2010, 11:41 pm #7

Theneilo uk

I've always had a thing for the realthing, but since they have skyrocketed in price when one turns up, I think the modded 6309 SP 450 is the best bang for the buck.

Congrats mate, she's beautiful indeed-

Jimmy

November 7th, 2010, 12:16 am #8

Never thought you would sell it?Then again like we discussed on thinning the herd its a sacrifice you have to do.

Theneilo uk

essentials, the Toucans were sacrificed for the iconic newer Tsunami, which I deemed the best of both 6309 worlds haha!

November 8th, 2010, 1:32 pm #9

I've always had a thing for the realthing, but since they have skyrocketed in price when one turns up, I think the modded 6309 SP 450 is the best bang for the buck.

Congrats mate, she's beautiful indeed-

Jimmy
I was the same,always wanted an Original yet the prices were too rich.This one is superb and the dial is actually superb.

Theneilo uk

November 8th, 2010, 1:35 pm #10

Theneilo uk

good to see you on FB as well mate.... cheers!

john