10" Carving Knive (Made by CIA /w Vanadium, Chromium, Molybdenum)

10" Carving Knive (Made by CIA /w Vanadium, Chromium, Molybdenum)

August 27th, 2009, 8:51 am #1

It's brand new! Made by Cuninary Institude of America

This knife has additives from Chromium to resist staining, Vanadium (which was found to have been the key 'inpurity' in authentic Damascus steel blades), for better sharpness/edge holding, and Molybdenum (which was found to have been used as an inpurity Ninja sword making from 12th-18th centry)

When I mean inpurity, it implies to the fact that those 2 famous blades were forged from local ore, which UNKNOWN to them had other additives. Both ore's were very localized deposits and have long been exhausted, hence why there have been no authentic Damascus blades produced in the last 200 years!

Enough with the history lesson, point is: by adding even 1-3% of each of those 'inpurities', it creates a much superior product. The knife itself is forged, has full tang, and very comfortable riveted handles!

It is brand new, never used, and simple opened to take pictures for you. The knife comes in a nice presentation box, which I find to be much nicer than Wusthof or Henckels!

Thanx!

$42 shipped in USA, $50 outside (will be marked as gift, kitchen knife)

payments via paypal personal/gift options at this email: ptolemy2k6 at gmail.com

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

August 30th, 2009, 6:29 am #2

I think this puppy is sold!

"Making the world a better place one Sawtooth at a time!" (Zoodles 2006)

August 30th, 2009, 6:43 am #3

nt