Jim
Lobster
Lobster

May 6th, 2009, 2:23 am #21

Bottomfeeder wrote:
HotFuzz wrote:well youve not helped me at all.........all i wanted was some advice and i get two condescending comments
you havent been exactly productive either :/
Sorry if you felt abused, please PM me, or post here, and i would be glad to help you if i can. Dont ever feel that Everyone here thinks that you are less than what you are.
If At First You Dont Succeed....Go Fishin

Snickerdoodle
White Shark
White Shark
Snickerdoodle
White Shark
White Shark

May 6th, 2009, 12:11 pm #22

HotFuzz wrote:i live in england and i know its not a huge fish, and i just wanted to know whether it would be possible to keep them in a tank or not
ohh you live in England?! nice to meet another UKer! You should post an entry for POTM, the prize will be good stuff ;)

Jim
Lobster
Lobster

May 6th, 2009, 12:20 pm #23

:lol: Just for the use of the general population here who want to keep Gudgeons, a chiller is NOT required. I have a pair of Purple spotted gudgeons (very attractive fish) about 10 peacock Gudgeons, also very attractive, all in normal temp tanks in my home which is kept at about 70-72 degrees year round. These fish have been here for over 2 years with no noticeable problems. Although they do seem to like shorts and tank tops so maybe they are a little warm for their taste but i wouldnt advise folks they needed high cost equipment when thats not the case. Everything you read elsewhere on the web is Not FACT. :)
Last edited by Jim on May 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotFuzz
Apple Snail
Apple Snail

May 7th, 2009, 5:24 am #24

i was more curious as to whether i could keep our native gudgeon in a tank and i know you are all trying to help, but our natural river water is quite chilly compared to a fish tank envioroment. as i stated i dont have the money for a chiller, lack of space too comes in to play also. i wouldnt want to keep a fish indoors just for selfish reasons . it has to be happy in the tank and if im unable to keep the temp down its going to suffer and thats the last thing i want..

Jim
Lobster
Lobster

May 7th, 2009, 11:45 am #25

You still havent told us what species it is you would like to keep :) If i knew that it would be easier to help you out. Also you can make a chiller reasonably easy, with a small size dorm room type refridge,and a length of tubing with a powerhead. Ive added the process in the DIY section if youd like to read. If i can help you any other way please feel free to ask :fishing:
Last edited by Jim on May 7th, 2009, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotFuzz
Apple Snail
Apple Snail

May 7th, 2009, 7:34 pm #26

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/fish/gudgeon.htm

i found this jim so just by looking at its size ..its not going to happen .
ahh well live and learn ..
google what a wonderful invention:)

Jim
Lobster
Lobster

May 7th, 2009, 10:33 pm #27

I certainly understand size restraints due to maybe the tank youre able to provide for it....BUT, when someone tells me i can no longer look or plan or dream of a fish i want, Then its time to give it up. So that having been said, never give up just put that one on the back burner for awhile, and move on to your next dream fish :fishing: and when you figure out what that is come back here and talk and we will try to figure out a way for you to have it :) and you just keep doing that til you get old and useless like me LOL
Last edited by Jim on May 7th, 2009, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gremlin
Apple Snail
Apple Snail
gremlin
Apple Snail
Apple Snail

May 7th, 2009, 11:33 pm #28

ooo pretty sweet looking fish... hmm now where can i add a huge tank :D

HotFuzz
Apple Snail
Apple Snail

May 8th, 2009, 6:00 am #29

mmmmm the next dream fish................................. that i will have to search for