Leaving for now

Dvandom

January 28th, 2002, 5:17 pm #1

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp I don't really see any reason to come here anymore in the near future. I'll check back every so often to see if things have changed, but a dead board is a dead board. And I don't think that the way the admin staff is reacting to things is going to bring things back to life any time soon, sorry.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Dave

BluePhoenix

January 28th, 2002, 10:02 pm #2

that's not fair. no one is throwing mud at you and harrassing you at every turn. your idea is that we have to put up with whatever they want to do? who's in charge of this board, the ones who pointedly ask every new poster to go to IkonSpark or the ones who are trying hard to make THIS board a safer, nicer place to talk while leaving IkonSpark and Flame Wars Central unbothered? if their conduct is A-okay with you, then tell me how many posters have put ASC links on the Ikon board? will YOU do this for us, if they can do this TO us?

i bet not. but i await your fairest answer.

Prime Z

January 28th, 2002, 10:29 pm #3

Thank you for staying as long as you did Mr. Van Domelen.
I do not share your opinion of this board being dead, however we'll just keep struggling to get it back at its feet. Who knows, maybe in the future you may like it again.
Good luck.

January 29th, 2002, 3:43 pm #4

First, slamming Dave is uncalled for. All he said was that he didn't like the lack of activity here, and also the behaviour of some of the admin here. He's entitled to that opinion, and he stated it in a blunt, not non-inflammatory way.
As for 'putting up with things', that's largely your decision. However, it's /my/ opinion that your method of dealing with all of 'EZBoard Allspark' matters leaves a lot to be desired, and has done a great deal to alienate you lot from the fandom at large.
Lastly, Blue, only a small fraction of Allspark's posters have even /glanced/ at this board since Vindicator took it over, much less even posted here. There are some that have been harsh with you (such as me), there are some that have engaged in flames, and what not. But, then, your admin, who should be above this, have engaged in this behaviour as well.
For his part, Dave was exceedingly unhappy with some members of the Allspark when they started very base personal attacks against the lot here. He said so, and many people respected his opinion. No one flamed him, a couple of people disagreed, but, in the end, those that he was addressing /stopped/ their attacks.

January 30th, 2002, 12:59 am #5

Neale!
How nice to see you again!
How's that lawsuit coming along?
I know in my heart that man is good.
That what is right will always eventually triumph.
And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.
- Ronald Reagan

January 30th, 2002, 9:43 am #6

You /are/ an immature jerk, aren't you, Pez?
I'm not the one taking legal action. All I did was advise the parties that /are/ seeking legal recourse as to what their rights are, and what damages that they could claim.

January 30th, 2002, 2:49 pm #7

Now why are you calling Hector names? That's not nice.
Quote:
I'm not the one taking legal action.
That's not what you said before:
Quote:
I have already emailed my attorney about legal action, since this breach of contract /does/ affect me, since I have an EZBoard as well.
Quote:
I know my options, and I have the contract and have sent that along to my attorney as well. However, I can now claim that EZBoard's contracts are now 'bad faith' contracts, made without the honesty required by the party of EZBoard.
Quote:
Both I and my attorney will be available to discuss this with you at your convienence.
Reference: pub13.ezboard.com/ftheall...=246.topic

Quote:
Legal action, coming up!
Reference: pub13.ezboard.com/ftheall...=241.topic
I know in my heart that man is good.
That what is right will always eventually triumph.
And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.
- Ronald Reagan

January 30th, 2002, 3:16 pm #8

And, as I've said elsewhere, though I /have/ a case, it's not worth pursuing you financially for an interstate case. The damages to me haven't been nearly major enough to warrant.
There are /others/ who are so damaged, however. So I sent along my information to them.
Interesting how you had to turn this into another attempt at a flame war, Pez.

Prime Z

January 30th, 2002, 4:12 pm #9

You are a funny guy Vanguard. I wasn't even talking to or about you and there you are bothering me again.
If you are going to post here just to be a personal annoyance to any of the administrators, i would suggest you make good on your word and stop visiting us.
You were already warned once about this rude custom of yours. Goodbye.

January 30th, 2002, 5:30 pm #10

Sorry to see you go. Your civility was most welcome. Take care.
not allowed