Wood Elves...

HowwwwL
Stormvermin
Stormvermin
HowwwwL
Stormvermin
Stormvermin

7:41 AM - Dec 28, 2012 #1

Just finished a mini tonight. Got one more Wood Elf to do (Highborn Mounted on Great Owl which is basically an alternative mini to the mounted Forest Dragon), and the whole army is complete, and I can start my Skaven assembly!

I thought I would post a couple of quick pics of it. I did some kit bashing to make this my BSB Mounted on Great Bald Eagle.

Here are some pics of my other models in my winter themed Wood Elf army. This is just a small sample, just to give you an idea of my painting style. I can't wait to start my skaven!

WillQueek
Doomwheel Driver
Doomwheel Driver

7:48 AM - Dec 28, 2012 #2

Het dude, that bird looks absolutely awesome! I'm sure the great owl will look great too! ;)

PS: While an awesome mini, this is also likely the worst tactical choise you can mount your BSB on... I just so you know... :mellow:
*gets ninja'd*

*looks at pictures*

Great army dude! ;) very nice and brightly colored, I like that with these awesome elves! ;)
FOR THE GLORY OF THE HORNED RAT OF COURSE!

HowwwwL
Stormvermin
Stormvermin
HowwwwL
Stormvermin
Stormvermin

7:52 AM - Dec 28, 2012 #3

Wood Elves in 8th Edition. Tactical? They die no matter how you play them. haha.

Seriously though, I have a BSB on foot too. I did this one because I loved the sculpt!

WillQueek
Doomwheel Driver
Doomwheel Driver

8:23 AM - Dec 28, 2012 #4

In friendly games, when I try hard... I kick ass xD wood Elfs can win, but it's hard I admit. ;)

Plus, I see what you mean, and with awesome results. I also have some dwarf thanes/lord who never see the battlefield but just look awesome on display :D

Skrits
Doomwheel Driver
Doomwheel Driver

9:14 AM - Dec 28, 2012 #5

K now I seriously can't wait to see what you do with Skaven! These are beautifull love the choice of colors as well as your attention to detail! Lovely stuff makes me long for a new wood elf book even more :)

hannanibal
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

12:31 PM - Dec 28, 2012 #6

OOOoooo....Very nice. Lovely clean painting style with lots of bright colours. Love to see what you do with your skaven.

Dryads are my favourite BTW.

Ghaznub
Grey Seer
Grey Seer

12:55 PM - Dec 28, 2012 #7

Wow, amazing work. I echo the sentiments of others, can't wait to see how your Skaven turn out

HowwwwL
Stormvermin
Stormvermin
HowwwwL
Stormvermin
Stormvermin

2:54 PM - Dec 28, 2012 #8

Thanks guys. Just one more Wood Elf to paint, and my skaven diary will begin with a ridiculous number of slaves to assemble and paint..

The Mounted Great Owl will be painted like a spotted snow owl to keep with the theme. I should have that done by the end of the weekend or by Monday night. I have a few games of Warhammer scheduled to be played, and a Hobbit movie to see this weekend which will delay me a little. :)

I hated the old Forest Dragon sculpt, and I think a screeching Great Owl fit with the Wintery Wood Elf theme better. Hence the model choice.
Great Owl is done. Will finish rider tomorrow... So close to starting Skaven...

WillQueek
Doomwheel Driver
Doomwheel Driver

9:49 AM - Dec 29, 2012 #9

When i saw the 'inside' of the model I was like meh... Having seen your impressive work I think you could have done that a little better. But it is still better than what I could pull off and stunning still! ;) the back of your owl looks absolutely amazing, with a high attention to the brown pattern in the wings... Awesomesauce :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

4:27 PM - Dec 29, 2012 #10

very cool

I'm a big fan of that owl model