The Rats Behind the Scene

rykos
Grey Seer
Grey Seer
rykos
Grey Seer
Grey Seer

April 10th, 2004, 4:25 am #1

This thread has been moved from Off Topic to the Squeekpaw Guide as we felt it was more relevent here.

So, who are you? Feel free to describe yourself here. You can use the format shown below, or use your own; it depends on how much you want us to be able to use against you later :ph43r:
- The COXIII

just thought I'd start a topic on the rats (people?) here, just put whatever you want about yourself, I'll start the ball rolling...

who are you?
Richard Wilsher

where are you from?
Plymouth, Uk

how long have you been playing warhammer?
around 15 years now, since 3rd edition

how long have you been collecting skaven?
since the army book was released in 4th edition, although I wanted to get skaven back when I was playing 3rd edition, getting (iirc) 60 clanrats and 80 slaves as a minimum for the army was difficult in those days.

what do you love about the skaven?
well, I've always been likened to and had an afinity to rats, so it was sort of a natural transition, lol

where and how often do you play?
about once a week at my local GW store

what do you do as a day job?
well I'm a student (studying computers) and part time bar staff

well that should get the ball rolling (hopefully), nice to meet you all though :D
The Man-things will pay, yes, yes, their places will burn, burn by my paw -- Warlord Meekit

Lord Morskittar
Clanrat
Clanrat

April 10th, 2004, 10:03 am #2

Well, my name is Filip Haking and I live in Sweden. I'm 16 years old and I've been playing warhammer since I was 8, back then it was just the painting, (it's hard to play a game with rules in english and you live in Sweden when you're 8).
However, I didn't by my first box with clanrats until I was 10 and from then it has just continued. I really like their selfish and covardly attitude, and since I can't really find another race in the warhammer world that can match it (exept for the beastmen maybe), I've been playing skaven for 6 years now.

/Lord Morskittar
?Runaway! Runaway!?

THE HORNED ONE
THE HORNED ONE

April 10th, 2004, 1:25 pm #3

A good-good idea! I shall give-tell yuo a small bit of my life.

Who am I?
Portents council know me as Gman, Geetarman or Pete Copper!

Where am I?
I live in south east England, in Crawley.

Wow long have you been playing warhammer?
Too long! :D Been about fifteen years since I was 8!

How long have you been collecting skaven?
I collected them ages ago but then was young, fickle asnd sold them all when the next army came out. I have been properly collecting them again since the latest army book appeared.

What do you love about the skaven?
their complete disregard for life and the way the almost emulate humanity in their eternal distrust and backstabbing ways! :D

Where and how often do you play?
Not as often as I would like, move house last year and been a bit too busy since, hope to start playing more often now though with the SoC startnig soon!

What do you do as a day job?
Very boring bit, I work as an office co-ordinator in a major life and pensinos company, project organising and the suchlike, boring desk job basically...

Nice to meet you all! :)

THE HORNED ONE

April 10th, 2004, 2:22 pm #4

who are you?
Wesley Kent

where are you from?
Millen, Georgia, USA

4 years

About a year

There general Attitude, Life is Cheap

Every other week

High School
The Skaven are a race of malevolent rat-men that inhabit the underground of the Warhammer world.

"Sir, we're, surrounded." ,
"Excellent. We can attack in any direction!"

The Horned Rat
Clanrat
Clanrat

April 10th, 2004, 2:47 pm #5

who are you?
austin Kent

where are you from?
Millen, Georgia, USA

4 years

About a year

everything :lol:

Every other week

High School

grey seer and i are brothers if you can't tell :D
Kill-Kill

Warlord_Decuma
Clanrat
Clanrat

April 10th, 2004, 8:32 pm #6

Who are you?
Devon Monkhouse

Where are you from?
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

3 years

3 years

Kill-kill, oh...I can be cowardly, mean, and KILL MY OWN UNITS :D (I have on occasion)

once, twice a week, the community up here is hopping, if I really wanted too, I could easily get in 6 games a week!

University student.
How much Doom could a Doomflayer flay if a Doom Flayer could flay Doom?

Dark Angel
Grey Seer
Grey Seer
Dark Angel
Grey Seer
Grey Seer

April 11th, 2004, 12:48 am #7

My name is Edwin Henry Varsava, i'm 14. I live in Vancuver, B.C. with my parents of course. I got no job so I can only get stuff on B-day and X-mas and my b-day past a week ago and I was a dumbass and got 40k stuff... o well, they are cool to.

I've been playing warhammer for around 1 year and still getting used to rules and ok at painting. My army WAS 1 chieftain, 1 clan rat regiment and 1 ratling gun... than my mom trashed my clanrat regiment so now im only a chieftain with a gun.

I love that skaven are monster type creatures and follow the evilness like plague and assassins. I can't play much cause got no real people to play with and i've only player a few skrimishes.

I guess you could conside my job as a k-12 student (high school.)

Thats about it folks, bye. ;)
I was one of the first! I ruled apon my clan! Than they turned on me like cowards! I walk the planet searching for awnswers to this curse! I will rule once again! Squeek-squeek! Death to all those who oppose me!

Grey Seer Oquol
Grey Seer Oquol

April 11th, 2004, 8:07 pm #8

Who am I?
Been around on lots of different forums under different names. No-one here will probably remember/recognise me.

Where am I?
I decline to answer that question because I fear that the answer would incriminate me.

Wow long have you been playing warhammer?
Not that long actually – I managed to squeeze in a couple of 5th edition games when I first started. Done a lot of other though…

How long have you been collecting Skaven?
I started when the 6th edition came out and I have never played any 5th edition Skaven.

What do you love about the Skaven?
Their chivalry, bravery and self-sacrifice.

Where and how often do you play?
Not as often anymore. I hardly ever play 2k games anymore; when I play these days it’s usually around 5k.

What do you do as a day job?
I’m a salesman and YES it is just as boring as you might imagine!

Verminous Fang
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic
Verminous Fang
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

April 11th, 2004, 8:11 pm #9

My name is Robert Nelson, I'm in San Diego, California, USA.

I've been playing about 2 months, 1-2 games a week at the "local" game store (it's about 20-30 minutes away).

I started collecting Skaven about 2 years (yes, it took that long to get a game in, travelling job).

The Skaven models are really cool, as are the special rules. I like the idea that they aren't in the least concerned with the dishonor of refusing a challenge, that they feel safe in large groups, etc. I also like their fluff. You get a real sense of "on the outside looking in", in that they want civilization, and copy it as much as possible, but still have no idea what civilization is.
Go forth my brethren, that we shall nibble at the roots of the old world!

We are the rats in the shadows. We hold the blades of corruption, aimed at the very heart of the Old World. We are The Council of Thirteen.

Second place in the UnderEmpire painting competition!

Warppaw
Warppaw

April 12th, 2004, 6:31 pm #10

Who am I?
I rarely give out my name on the net, so you're stuck with warppaw.

Where am I?
Way up in the frozen land of Norway.

I've been playing on and off for four years now, and have been collecting skaven for two of them.

What I love about skaven are their broken minds; scheming, paranoid, and caring only for themself. Great fluff and models isn't a disadvantage either.

I don't play half as often as I would like, but hopefully, the SoC will give me a chance to get some more games in.

Dayjob?
Student.