Skaven (Vermin Swarm) in The 9th Age

ZePUN15H3R
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave
ZePUN15H3R
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

January 7th, 2016, 12:26 pm #1

Am i missing the point entirely or have Skaven been beaten to death with the nerf bat?

I hope im just being blind but it feels like the flavour has been sucked out of them.

Please tell me im wrong.
Ill elaborate... (sorry im at work and wrote the topic on the fly)

What i mean is it a seems very high risk/low reward to me

Nurglitch IX
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic
Nurglitch IX
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

January 11th, 2016, 9:51 pm #2

Honestly a lot of us have felt some variation of that, but unlike KoW and AoS, 9th Age is still in Development, and so it's hard to say for sure.

We also don't have as large of a 9th Age following yet. Hopefully ETC will fix that.

For what it's worth, those who do like/play 9th Age tend to say that A) the nerf isn't as bad as it seems, when you consider how the game plays now, and 2) everything got a bit of a reduction as part of the leveling. So apparently, according to them, we you look at 9th Age Vermin Swarm vs. 9th Age [other army] it's not nearly so nerftastic as when you look at Vermin Swarm vs. Skaven.

Joebob22
Clanrat
Clanrat
Joebob22
Clanrat
Clanrat

March 9th, 2016, 3:30 pm #3

I honestly liked the new Vermin Swarm book. Some of the broken stuff is gone: I admit I always felt bad removing one enemy unit per game with the 30pt Doomrocket. Or having 2pt slaves that I could shoot into and have EVERY shot hit the enemies like the slaves were made of smoke.

On the upside, some very cool units that were previously noncompetitive (at least in my eyes/local meta) are now usable: Jezzails, Gun Teams, and even Rat Ogres have received much-needed buffs and/or reductions. The Verminous Valour staff is cool, as it lets your BSB survive past the first round of combat. Also, I find the Bell and Ruin Magic are a lot more versatile, as opposed to the situational-but-ungodly powerful stuff before.

Plus, the nerfing they gave Dark Elves was as hard as deserved. :bow:

Njaaa
Chieftain
Chieftain
Njaaa
Chieftain
Chieftain

March 9th, 2016, 8:43 pm #4

I like the new rule for Rat Swarms...

Tiny: ​​This unit is able to move and Charge through friendly units, but may never end its movement inside one.