Skaven!

Dimco
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave
Dimco
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

January 19th, 2013, 3:58 pm #1

Finally I'm done with painting 1st batch of my rats (around 3k points, just around 10k left to paint ;) ). So I decided to post some pictures .
I'm sorry for bad picture quality, most pictures are taken from hand with only auto tone, contrast and color done in PS.

Dimco
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave
Dimco
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

January 19th, 2013, 4:15 pm #3

Skrits wrote:That plague furnace looks really familiar. I'm sure I have seen that one before.
Yep. I posted WIP of PF some time ago, and stole idea of converting old SB in PF with left over parts of new SB/PF kit from somebody here on forum.

Aethereas
Clanrat
Clanrat

January 19th, 2013, 4:24 pm #4

Really nice furnace. Thou the thing that bothers me is the doomrocket engineer. I mean, it makes no sense xD how's that launched? And how did you do it so it doesnt fall?

Nice painting :)
Clan Rlyejj !! Krajji's Adventures in the Dark Lands!!
Paintlog :)
http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_UnderEmpir ... 8852221/1/

Dimco
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave
Dimco
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

January 19th, 2013, 4:47 pm #5

Aethereas wrote:Really nice furnace. Thou the thing that bothers me is the doomrocket engineer. I mean, it makes no sense xD how's that launched? And how did you do it so it doesnt fall?

Nice painting :)
It's DOOM Gun Launcher! :P
And pinning and magnets is keeping everything together. Whole army is magnetised bdw, just take it out and put it on game table no need to rank up models. Problem is that leaves you waiting for opponent to set up from half hour to hour, I usually bring something to read in meantime... :)

Little Wolf
Chieftain
Chieftain

January 19th, 2013, 4:48 pm #6

Nice quality!

I especially like the yellow-orange banner! (Yay, colors!)

stethemessiah
Clanrat
Clanrat

January 19th, 2013, 5:06 pm #7

Nice lookin' stuff there man.

Zerixar
Clanrat
Clanrat
Zerixar
Clanrat
Clanrat

January 22nd, 2013, 7:02 pm #8

somebody uses the dip method. most of these look pretty good but i'd recommend maybe using a lighter shade of varnish/stain for dipping or brush it on or something to lessen the stain. point is a lot of your models look like they had great paint jobs but were dunked for too long and turned out just super brown.

lambsandlions
Clanrat
Clanrat

January 23rd, 2013, 5:43 am #9

Zerixar wrote:somebody uses the dip method. most of these look pretty good but i'd recommend maybe using a lighter shade of varnish/stain for dipping or brush it on or something to lessen the stain. point is a lot of your models look like they had great paint jobs but were dunked for too long and turned out just super brown.
At first I thought it was just heavy washing but looking at how glossy it came out it is clear that it is floor polish. The dip can look okay if you go back a highlight afterwards but if you are doing that might as well just use a wash and get a better color.

Nurglitch IX
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic
Nurglitch IX
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

January 23rd, 2013, 6:24 am #10

You can also get that effect from bathing them in Army Shade. It doesn't have to be furniture polish.

And it's not a bad way of doing things, my biggest complaint has always been how shiny they are. A nice Matte Varnish fixes that though.