Moderator: GMs

Extreme Skaven Paintball II

Ratty Gnawtail
Doomwheel Driver
Doomwheel Driver

December 22nd, 2013, 10:49 pm #1

Seer Gnawtail: And welcome back-back to Extreme Skaven Paintball. The deadliest sport known to Skavenkind.

Engineer Tkull: Well except for Bloodbowl, Rat Ogre baiting, Formula Warpstone Racing, and the new hit show: Extreme Plague Monk Washing. In fact I’ve got a whole list of other more dangerous sport-things...

Seer Gnawtail: Hear that?

Engineer Tkull: Hear what?

Seer Gnawtail: That-that’s the sound of our sponsors dropping our funding.

Engineer Tkull: But anyway...

Seer Gnawtail: Yes-yes, we have a good-great show-thing for you all! Watch-scent our contest-rats kill-maim themselves for your entertainment. No budget was spared for the fir...

Batty Bonetail: Bwahahahahahaaaaa! Fear me mortal-things! For I am the great...

Engineer Tkull: Wait-wait? Was that yer evil laugh?

Seer Gnawtail: I have-have to agree with my fool-thing companion. That was a terrible attempt. You really need to work-work at it or you’ll look-scent like an utter fool-thing.

Batty Bonetail: Erm...Fear me mortal-things! For I...

Engineer Tkull: And what-what is thar bugger wearing?! A natty cape? A cheap bone staff from Necromancers R Us? Fake Vampire-thing fangs? It’s like the evil-things these days aren’t trying.

Batty Bonetail: ....For I am B...

Seer Gnawtail: Now be fair-fair Tkull, he might-may have a complex. Poor fool-thing, he actually believe-thinks he’s a Vampire-thing or a necromancer.

Batty Bonetail: SILENCE! I am Batty Bonetail! Supreme necromancer! Lord of Undeath! Emperor of...

Seer Gnawtail: Your false fang-things are slipping.

Batty Bonetail: Fools! Your show has earn-earned my wrath! Prepare to become slave-things to my will! Come my servants! Kill-slay them all!
*Vanishes in a puff of smoke, a horde of zombies invade the arena*

Engineer Tkull: Well...maybe he was a necromancer...

Seer Gnawtail: Good thing you set-set up that wall-thing and turret earlier. Well then, let’s see-scent if the contest-rats are up to the challenge!

OOC: I blame Mork. He went and did a zombie themed rpg soon after I’d decided the first mission for Paintball...Curse those Eshin spies! :P

The next mission map will be a hex grid, but for this one I have changed the movement rules a bit. Moving diagonal costs one and a half movement points of the maximum eight (rounding up when necessary.) Hopefully this’ll add a little more balance (if not make things more confusing!)

Your group finds yourself in a walled mini fortress surrounded by a soon rapidly spawning undead army of zombies. The red buttons dotted about seem to be aiding their spawn rate, so it is important to destroy them to halt the tide. The buttons may cause random additional effects though. Or you could just shoot down enough to win, your choice. Destroying a red button/pad will grant you a single point, killing a zombie will do the same. :P

The walls of the mini fortress give you a combat bonus when attacked by the zombies when you are behind the wall, but grant no penalties to yourselves except for costing two movement to move over them. Note that this two movement cost is an exception to the new diagonal movement cost.

At the centre of the compound is a 360 degree turret that can be manned by one player and be fired one the turn it is occupied. It will however get the Necromancer's attention. When fired it produces D6+1 hits on the target. However it can be used to strafe several targets (evenly splitting the shots) as long as they are stated to be targeted and are within two vertical or horizontal squares of the original target (or one square on diagonals.) I.e Silas aimed at the centre zombie on the eastern edge and strafed the nearby two zombies as well.

You have about a week before the next update. :)
Any extra questions either PM or post in the OOC thread.

Silvermane
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave
Silvermane
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

December 23rd, 2013, 1:05 am #2

"We get bonus points-points for hitting sensitive areas, right?" Silvermane queried, lining up his shot at the zombie's groin and squeezing the trigger.

Action: Target the left Zombie of the southern pair
Mane of Silver, Fur of Gold.

Warlord Arr-Varnik
Stormvermin
Stormvermin

December 23rd, 2013, 5:26 pm #3

Silvermane if some of the other rats cover us do you think that we could reach the button in the southwest quadrant?

action: shoot the southern zombie of the east pair
Even if you win the race your still a rat.
I :wub: Warpstone

Silvermane
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave
Silvermane
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

December 23rd, 2013, 7:14 pm #4

"Go out there? Are you crazy-insane?" Silvermane inquired.

"Maybe we get the south-south marker. But not south-west. No-no! My life mine-mine!"
Mane of Silver, Fur of Gold.

Silas
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

December 23rd, 2013, 7:32 pm #5

"We can shoot-blast the buttons fool-rats"

To demonstrate this Silas slid backwards, taking control of the turret and aiming it to the south. The sights locked, Silas fired at the central southern button, strafing both zombies as well."

Action: Take control of torrent and shoot both southern zombies and their accompanying button.
Gate keeper of the Armoury of Poking Sticks. :duel:

THE BUNNY HAS AWOKEN!!!
THE BUNNY WILL EAT!!!
THE BUNNY SHALL FIGHT!!!
THE BUNNY SHALL WIN!!!
THE BUNNY SHALL INHERIT!!!

Nurglitch IX
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic
Nurglitch IX
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

December 23rd, 2013, 8:02 pm #6

"Crazy? I was Crazy once..."
*Nurglitch-IIVII vaults over the barrier to his left, and slides down the other side (3Mv)*
"They locked me in a room! A bloody rubber room."
*Nurglitch-IIVII tucks and rolls two squares diagional up and left (6Mv)*
"They locked me in a rubber room with stinking zombies."
*Nurglitch-IIVII Dashes the last two squarts to the button @F-6 (8Mv)*
"I hate stinking zombies!!!"
*N-IIVII unloads his rifle on the top left zombie (currently at A-7)*
"They make me Crazy."

Littlewicked
Chieftain
Chieftain

December 24th, 2013, 3:08 am #7

"Argghh stop the singing it hurts-hurts my ears you sill-crazy diseased rat" yells Littlewicked

Move one square to the west and rest gun on wall to steady my aim

ACTION: aim and shoot at zombie at A-9

Morkskittar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

December 24th, 2013, 5:56 am #8

"Idiot-fools," Morkskittar hissed. "Amateurs! Don't kill the zombies! Get the buttons first, and then get the dead-things!" With that, the old crothety rat aimed his rifle at the northern button and fired.

Action: Aim and shoot at the northern button.

Pillz

Rusty Tincanne
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic
Rusty Tincanne
Doomwheel Fanatic
Doomwheel Fanatic

December 29th, 2013, 10:46 am #9

"Dead-things-walking!? NOOOOOO!!!!!" Rusty's knees trembled slightly as he emptied his musk glands within the confines of the wall. Oh dear... That won't bode well in tight quarters... Rusty sniffed the air and gave a condemning look at SmoulderMoulder. "Fool-rat! Don't spread that in the fortress! You will make... us all... PAAAAAANNNNIIICCCCC!!!!!!" With that, Rusty snatched up his trusty-but-battered jezzail and bolted from the cramped confines of the fortress screaming.

Action: Race out of the fortress moving: W-1, NW-2, W-3, stopping 1 square SE of the red button. Then shoot the nearest button (should be one square NW ;) ) button.

Darned east-west dyslexia!!! I meant move: E-1, NE-2, E-3, stopping 1 square SW of Red Square (you commie! :P). Then shoot the nearest button, which should be one square NE.

Ratty Gnawtail
Doomwheel Driver
Doomwheel Driver

December 30th, 2013, 2:02 am #10

Seer Gnawtail: And Littlewicked dart-darts into position and take-takes aim with his modified Warpmusket.

Engineer Tkull: Aye, note-note thar quicker reloading mechanism, thar balancing of each musket, and thar superior sights. Look at how expertly Littlewicked gun-guns that zombie down.

Seer Gnawtail: Hm, I thought-thought they were using paintballs. That look-looked like a real bit of Warpstone shot.

Engineer Tkull: Shhh!

Seer Gnawtail: But Littlewicked’s shot removed most-much of the zombie-thing’s head! A paintball couldn’t do that-that.

Engineer Tkull: It can-can...*whispers* Look fool-seer, our health and safety contract has it that we cannae use actual bullets or shot. If we do thar network will want-wish more warptokens for any death or injury.

Seer Gnawtail: But...we are part-part of the Skavenblight network.

Engineer Tkull: Actually they were bought-bought out by thar Brettonian Broadcasting Company. They think little-little of lethal ranged weapons.

Seer Gnawtail: Sigh, this is going to be an interesting show. And Silvermane also blow-blows a hole in a zombie-thing. Our paintballs are made-made to combat the undead afterall, it’s not-not like they are lethal...

Engineer Tkull: Arr-Varnik’s shot-thing however misses thar shambling dead-thing. Pity-shame, I really need-need tae modify thar muskets tae be better at aiming.

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Erm what-what is Nurglitch IX doing?

[color=#ee4a2d]Engineer Tkull: He’s run-running at thar zombies. No-no he’s deactivating thar button-things. Of course-course! Thar button-things are how thar necromacerat is bringing in his zombie-things. He stand-stands on thar button and it begins tae deactivate...but not-not quick enough! His shot-thing however kill-slays one of the zombie-things.

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Rusty also insanely scurry-runs out and damages another button-thing. But they are still-still working!

[color=#ee4a2d]Engineer Tkull: Aye and thar zombie horde has only just-just gotten started...

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Luckily Silas scurry-jumps into the turret-thing and opens fire! The button-thing is damaged and he shred-kills the last southern zombie-thing!

[color=#ee4a2d]Engineer Tkull: Nice-nicely done!

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Morkskittar also harm-damages thar northern button. With thar exception of SmoulderMoulder who seem-seems shocked by thar zombie-things, could we actually have-have a team that work-works together?!

[color=#fff]Batty Bonetal: *Cackle* Fools! Witness the firepower of this full-fully armed and operational Necromancer!

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Disney are going to sue-sue.

[color=#fff]Batty Bonetail: Shut up! Watch-weep as I age-kill the fool-rat in your puny-weak turret!

[color=#ee4a2d]Engineer Tkull: Looking at thar cameras inside thar turret...Silas is get-going grey furred...he’s aging rapidly!

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Huh and now he is but dust. Nice trick-thing, you’ve place-placed a curse on the turret that anyrat that enters it suffers damage from accelerated aging. Of course your magic-thing is weak-weak, it is possible to survive it...for a while.

[color=#ee4a2d]Engineer Tkull: Look-look thar zombie-things are moving...

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: And fail-fail to harm-hurt Morkskittar and Nurglitch. Though Rusty take-takes a nasty wound.

[color=#ee4a2d]Engineer Tkull: And another twenty eight zombies spawn...And I think thar necromancer t’is just getting started!

[color=darkgreen]Seer Gnawtail: Well this is interesting, and Silas respawns. But now a word from our sponsors: Skryre brand coffee! Is the planet-thing shaking or is it just me?
[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]
[+] Spoiler

So it turns out that anyrat entering the turret will be afflicted by a curse of years (Silas being rather unlucky), the buttons are tougher than they look but haven't done anything extra...yet, and more and more zombies will spawn soon. Rusty has one wound left as well. Also i'll be adding in a point deduction (by a quarter of points gained, rounding up) for each death you have. Have fun! :P

Mork - 0
SoulderMoulder - 0
Silvermane - 1
Arr-Varnik - 0
Nurglitch IX - 1
Rusty - 0
Littlewicked - 1