What pets do you have?

LilGreenPuffer
Triops Cancriformis
LilGreenPuffer
Triops Cancriformis

April 13th, 2010, 2:19 am #1

List your pets here, plus any you hope to have one day.

I have, at the moment... (I'm editing this to keep it updated-ish)
In the dorm:
-10g, one dwarf puffer, two otocinclus catfish, loads of Malaysian trumpet snails, two olive nerite snails, and some blue ramshorns (planted)
-10g divided, sibling pair wild/splendens betta hybrid, several blue ramshorn snails, a couple assassin snails
-3g, one male betta, one olive nerite snail
-3g, empty
-Empty 5g, spare/quarantine/hospital
At home:
-One dog, a standard poodle
-Two cats

I'd like to have a 100+g Rio Negro biotope with South American puffers, shell-dwelling cichlids, a figure eight puffer, a couple of cats and a big mutt when I have my own home, and... some clownfish. And some penguins too.
Last edited by LilGreenPuffer on September 23rd, 2010, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
(* = successfully hatched and raised to adulthood)
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp
For sale: nothing ATM

Julee
Triops Longicaudatus
Julee
Triops Longicaudatus

April 13th, 2010, 2:41 am #2

Aquatic tanks; coldwater:
3x 10g - empty
1x 55g show tank - empty - possible fancy goldfish? may go tropical.

Aquatic tanks; tropical:
75g - mixed tropical - going to be wild betta tank?
33g - endlers, betta females, ABNs
7x 10g - divided bettas, egyptian mouthbrooders, spawn tanks, killis, triops
(lots) 1g+ random tanks - grow outs, bettas, QT, snails, etc
20gL - empty for now
29g - convicts

Reptiles;
3 Crested Geckos
8 Leopard geckos (looking at rehoming two, tbh, for various reasons, and I have a friend who is interested)
1 F.U. Gecko (Tokay ;))
1 gargoyle gecko
1 Red Eared Slider
-looking into ADF and ACF; I go to reptile shows often, come home with new animals on occasion. ; in a year or two getting another turtle-

Furries;
2 black labs (one retired 8 year old [4H grand champion] and one 2 year old; service dog.)
4 cats

I think that's it...hah.
Last edited by Julee on April 13th, 2010, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LilGreenPuffer
Triops Cancriformis
LilGreenPuffer
Triops Cancriformis

April 13th, 2010, 2:47 am #3

Might I just say that ACFs are as ugly as sin and that ADFs are infinitely superior?
"...Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him or her... Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." --Gandhi

Have: T. longicaudatus (regular*, Black Beauty*, gonochoric), T. granarius*, T. canciformis (regular, red/albino/Japanese, Bavarian), T. australiensis (regular, green, silver/Queensland), T. newberryi*, T. mauritanicus, clam shrimp, fairy shrimp (red-tailed, spiny-tailed), seed shrimp
Want: T. canciformis simplex (those blue ones), T. canciformis green type, Lepidurus, giant T. granarius (so-called T. numidicus), beaver-tailed fairy shrimp

Julee
Triops Longicaudatus
Julee
Triops Longicaudatus

April 13th, 2010, 4:08 am #4

Psh.

Eden Marel
Triops Longicaudatus
Eden Marel
Triops Longicaudatus

April 15th, 2010, 3:12 pm #5

Siberian Husky, 3 bettas, 5 adult guppies plus plenty of fry, trump snails, red cherry shrimp

Back at home I have 2 goldfish, and 1 peach faced lovebird

hadla
Egg

April 19th, 2010, 6:33 am #6

i vote for f8 puffer! i want one when i have money again.

i have 2 cockatiels(one is 10, one is 5 and a baby) and 2 tanks: 20g with 4 dps, 3 eel loaches, dwarf bristlenose pleco, and shrimp and the other now has a baby guppy and a mystery snail. my boyfriend has 4 tiels, 5 rats, a chinchilla(hes a little chili boy), and a 29g with lots of guppies XD

edit: i didnt mention that most of his pets were because of me XD unfortunately im allergic (skin mostly) to the rats and chinchilla. they bring out the worst in my allergy induced asthma. the feather dust build up can, too.
Last edited by hadla on April 19th, 2010, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
yay for cool little crustaceans!

Kannachan13
Triops Australiensis
Kannachan13
Triops Australiensis

June 4th, 2010, 2:55 am #7

"Family" pets are
Three cats: One 12 year old 23 pound male and two six or seven year old girls, both less than half his size

Red eared slider: At least six years old, probably closer to ten, and around eight inches.

"My" pets-
Two tanks of brine shrimps, one a sea monkey container and one in a round fishbowl that holds the equivlilant of two and a half sea monkey tanks. The round bowl is thus far self sustained, and I'm thinking of buying some of the critters from littleaussiepets to keep in it as well.
One half gallon tank with two types of clam shrimp, two types of fairy shrimp, and seed shrimp.
My last Longicoitus passed away last night at 96 days, so I just hatched out some Gonochoric.

"Waiting to be hatched"
Beavertail Shrimp
Thailand fairy shrimp
Two Sea Monkey tanks
One packet of "The Swarm"
Half a packet of Gonochoric Triops longicoitus
Triops Canciformis
Aussie Green Triops

"Pet's I want"
A 55 gal with four fancy goldfish and some ghost shrimp and freshwater clams and oysters
A 10 gal with killifish

(As you can tell water pets are kind of my thing. :wub: )
Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby.

LilGreenPuffer
Triops Cancriformis
LilGreenPuffer
Triops Cancriformis

June 4th, 2010, 4:19 am #8

I'd go with 20g per fancy goldfish, personally. Clams are VERY hard to keep alive in a tank, and I'm guessing that oysters are the same way. You have to maintain the dissolved food in the water. It can be done, though!

Kannachan13
Triops Australiensis
Kannachan13
Triops Australiensis

June 4th, 2010, 1:25 pm #9

Ah, the place I was planning to buy the oysters and clams from gave me the impression that they were very easy to maintain if I had them with messy inhabitants like goldfish. (Said they'd stir up the sediment and eat the fish waste.) And I was under the impression that 55gal was plenty as long as I had sufficient filtration. I'm trying to see if I can get a cheap tank from someone moving or something anyway, I keep checking local newspapers. I guess I'll just have to wait for a slightly bigger one. :yes:
Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby.

Asha
Larva
Asha
Larva

June 4th, 2010, 3:41 pm #10

I have:

A Medium sized Fantail
A Danio (the others died :( )

A female hamster (Soon to give birth :D)

Does my brother count? As he is a bit of a monkey :rofl2: