My triops died after moving in

ThreeEyez
Egg

September 4th, 2018, 6:05 pm #1

I had 6 triops seperated in two bowls, each 3. One they they got big enough too give them the new tank so I moved them in my tank. They were doing fine when i released them in the water. I went to school and after I came back 3 of thwm died with 2 triops not moving but breathing. I brought the living ones back to the old aqaurium. I dont think they will survive. Is it osmotic pressure? The temperature is 25 and my other tank 26. Did they jad enough oxygen bevause the lid was almost closed. Can you guys pkease help thx. I am very unhappy to see this hapen for the 3rd time. Is there a list of reasons why triops died? Oh when I came back from school I saw some exoskeletons laying on the bottom? They did shed the skin, but why did they die????!?!?!?!?!

Slash0mega
Triops Newberryi
Slash0mega
Triops Newberryi

September 5th, 2018, 2:38 pm #2

did you prepare them for the move at all? if there is a massive change in water quality it can shock them. you need to take some water out of the bowls, put some of your tank water in, wait a hour, take some bowl water out, put some tank water in, wait a hour, repeat for a while, then move them.

there could also be any number of things wrong with the tank or tanks water. where are you getting your water and is it a new tank?