this place seems nice.

Blueshoe
Disciple

February 9th, 2017, 11:12 pm #1

I just happened upon this place the other day and decided to sign up right now. I had no idea that these games actually had a dedicated fanbase. I first played through the original Golden Sun about a year or two ago, and I finally had enough time to pick up the Lost Age around Christmas 2016.

Anyways, this place seems pretty neat. I was doing some reading around a little while ago and apparently this game used to have a lot of shippers? I never knew, most of the characters seemed incompatible to me.

I will say though, I enjoy the fact that there's actually a website dedicated to Kraden. He deserves more love, it seems like all he ever gets is offscreen conversations with :felix:
~

Saturos
Solian
Solian

February 10th, 2017, 12:08 am #2

Hey Blueshoe~! Welcome to the Temple. ^^ And hey, Kraden at least gets the best offscreen conversations with Felix. And lots of nerding out over scholarly things and being team grandpa. In addition to being the Almighty, of course!

Haha, it's interesting that you thought they were incompatible! I think part of it was the minimalist characterization: people were/are easily able to project whatever compatibilities they wanted and explore lots of different angles onto the characters. I know quite a few of us wrote fanfiction like that too.
How far are you through TLA? I don't want to say too much!

I hope you're enjoying it, though! And yeah, welcome again! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
[+] avatar gallery
[+] Yeager from Tales of Vesperia
[+] older!Ilyasviel, Fate/Stay Night
[+] Youmu Konpaku, Touhou
[+] Byakuren Hijiri, Touhou
[+] Templesona
[+] Parsee Mizuhashi, Touhou
[+] Patchouli Knowledge, Touhou
[+] Ilyasviel von Einzbern, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
[+] Toyosatomimi no Miko, Touhou
[title=The fleeting lights that shine like stars in the sky - they are all human desires.][/title]
[+] Kohinata Miku, Symphogear
[+] Rumble IX
The stars fall out of the sky.
Space closes up into nothingness.
The pathway to the center is shrouded along with our sins.

[title=..... I am, at last, filled with joy.][/title]
Asphodel wrote:The greatest moment of my life was when I got so pissed at Chronicles of the Sword in SC3 I grabbed a full carton of 2% milk and squeezed it until it exploded, then I laid on the floor and laughed until I cried

Jenna
Martian
Martian

February 10th, 2017, 12:19 am #3

Kraden is a smooth operator. He could handle all the delicate conversations in TLA with ease.

Welcome to the forum! *Prepares the ceremonial rituals*

HyruleWarrior
Martian
Martian

February 10th, 2017, 12:23 am #4

Welcome to the Temple of Kraden. Please enjoy your stay here!
The Hero of Hyrule.

Blueshoe
Disciple

February 10th, 2017, 3:14 am #5

Saturos wrote:Hey Blueshoe~! Welcome to the Temple. ^^ And hey, Kraden at least gets the best offscreen conversations with Felix. And lots of nerding out over scholarly things and being team grandpa. In addition to being the Almighty, of course!

Haha, it's interesting that you thought they were incompatible! I think part of it was the minimalist characterization: people were/are easily able to project whatever compatibilities they wanted and explore lots of different angles onto the characters. I know quite a few of us wrote fanfiction like that too.
How far are you through TLA? I don't want to say too much!

I hope you're enjoying it, though! And yeah, welcome again! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Alright, thanks for the warm reception here. About the characters, I actually thought that the weaker personalities made it harder to come up with pairings that made sense. I'm not too big on shipping, but I did think about plausible shippings for this series after hearing about how popular shipping had been here... When I tried to come up with some I just ended up going with this for the main cast:

:isaac: :jenna: (canon of course)

:felix: :sheba:

:ivan: :mia: (I don't think I've ever seen anyone else support this pairing though...)

and the other two I really couldn't figure out what to do with... Garet just seems to silly to do anything serious like pairings with. Plus everybody always seems to be reprimanding him :/

But anyways, about The Lost Age, I've really been enjoying the game so far. I'm about to get to Jupiter Lighthouse, so I'll be meeting up with Isaac's party again soon. I really like having the ship!
~

HyrulianJedi
Elemental

February 10th, 2017, 3:47 am #6

Blueshoe wrote: :ivan: :mia: (I don't think I've ever seen anyone else support this pairing though...)
You're my new best friend.

Saturos
Solian
Solian

February 10th, 2017, 3:48 am #7

Haha, I pinged our resident Ivan-Mia / puretortureshipping (that's the ship name for it) fan, so you should hear from her soon, wwww

Good taste, though! Felix-Sheba is one of my favourites. Lighthouseshipping, yessss
Isaac-Jenna is one of those ones that I never got passionate about, but it's kinda just a rock, you know? solid.

I also like :felix: :karst: a lot too, mostly framed as tragic backstory, but well, you'll see fufufu~
lol and ninjaed by said person
Last edited by Saturos on February 10th, 2017, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[+] avatar gallery
[+] Yeager from Tales of Vesperia
[+] older!Ilyasviel, Fate/Stay Night
[+] Youmu Konpaku, Touhou
[+] Byakuren Hijiri, Touhou
[+] Templesona
[+] Parsee Mizuhashi, Touhou
[+] Patchouli Knowledge, Touhou
[+] Ilyasviel von Einzbern, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
[+] Toyosatomimi no Miko, Touhou
[title=The fleeting lights that shine like stars in the sky - they are all human desires.][/title]
[+] Kohinata Miku, Symphogear
[+] Rumble IX
The stars fall out of the sky.
Space closes up into nothingness.
The pathway to the center is shrouded along with our sins.

[title=..... I am, at last, filled with joy.][/title]
Asphodel wrote:The greatest moment of my life was when I got so pissed at Chronicles of the Sword in SC3 I grabbed a full carton of 2% milk and squeezed it until it exploded, then I laid on the floor and laughed until I cried

Phoenix7
Mercurian
Mercurian

February 10th, 2017, 7:30 am #8

Hey there, and welcome! Of course Kraden gets his own website, he's our lord and saviour. I hope you have a great time here!
[+] So I herd you liekz quotez + Backloggery
On Pok? Adultery wrote:Phoenix: My brother cheated on Gold and used six Ho-Ohs to beat Red.
Gilgamesh: Your brother cheated on Gold? That bastard. I feel sorry for Gold.
On Frinkrats wrote:Raven: I am the great Topic's most best pupil, who is named Raven! I am here, laughing at you! If you are giving me the chase, just to get your silly win, then you are an idiot of foolishness! This win will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of this Topic's desires! And this post shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Learning About The Currency Market wrote:[20:45:12] Jon (Chrono): miral learned more about the international currency market selling mtg than bankers did manipulating the LIBOR

UltaFlame
Venusian
Venusian

February 10th, 2017, 10:41 am #9

>Felix/sheba

Bless you, friend.

Kiki
Martian
Martian

February 10th, 2017, 12:29 pm #10

Hi! Welcome to the forum! May Kraden bless you!
If you really loved Kraden, you'd draw him.
"I SHALL BECOME A MANCHILD."- Direct Quote of Peo F. Nix the Seventh
"Kiki is the best, I love her. You can quote that in your sig if you want." -Draco. :wub:

February 10th, 2017, 12:30 pm #11

Hello and welcome

:felix: :jenna: is the only canon and most pure ship obviously

what other interests do you have, new friend?

what video games do you usually like?

Do you watch shitty anime?

Have you ever had shoes that are not blue?
Last edited by King in the North on February 10th, 2017, 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShmittlesThePoe
Elemental Star

February 10th, 2017, 5:49 pm #12

yo
That is merely logic. People are not moved by logic. ~Mithos
[+] Capturing AA-j

Crystallux
Lunarian
Lunarian

February 12th, 2017, 10:29 am #13

Welcome from one of the nocturnal ones! Hope you enjoy your stay!
~Don't take my potatoes~
:wiseone:
The Wise one is watching you.

Gnarlymaple
Martian
Martian

February 13th, 2017, 11:43 pm #14

fresh meat...............

I mean hey dude, welcome! pls dont leave

Blueshoe
Disciple

February 16th, 2017, 3:34 am #15

King in the North wrote:Hello and welcome

:felix: :jenna: is the only canon and most pure ship obviously

what other interests do you have, new friend?

what video games do you usually like?

Do you watch shitty anime?

Have you ever had shoes that are not blue?
I've actually never seen any anime before ever.

My other interests are music (I used to browse rateyourmusic a lot,) and I've recently started reading a lot again too. My favorite musicians are Interpol, The Strokes, Joy Division, Neutral Milk Hotel, Big Star, and this one really unknown band called the Red Stick Ramblers. Though my all time favorite group is Uncle Tupelo

As for books, my personal favorite is Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

My favorite game series besides Golden Sun would probably have to be the Mother/EarthBound series, but I also play some Advance Wars and Fire Emblem too. I used to play Smash a lot but not as much these days. My favorite game when I was a kid was that old EA game Spore, but it runs really poorly on my computer now so I quit playing years ago

and finally, most of my shoes are indeed blue. not all though. just most.

HyrulianJedi wrote:
Blueshoe wrote: :ivan: :mia: (I don't think I've ever seen anyone else support this pairing though...)
You're my new best friend.
really glad to see that other people actually like that one. I always thought that putting Ivan and Mia together made a little more sense than Mia and Garet, but maybe that's just because I don't really like pairing Garet
Last edited by Blueshoe on February 16th, 2017, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~

Crystallux
Lunarian
Lunarian

February 17th, 2017, 11:42 am #16

I've never heard of any of those bands so now I want to look them up. I love finding new music.

:felix: X :sheba: are probably one of my favorite pairings.
And then :mia: x :garet: Not saying why. You'll figure it out eventually.
And then of course :isaac: x :jenna: .

And then there was only one pairing I liked from Dark Dawn. I'll tell you whenever you end up playing it!
Last edited by Crystallux on February 17th, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't take my potatoes~
:wiseone:
The Wise one is watching you.

HyrulianJedi
Elemental

February 17th, 2017, 3:28 pm #17

Blueshoe wrote:My favorite game series besides Golden Sun would probably have to be the Mother/EarthBound series
holy shit you really are my new best friend

move over Phoenix7

Phoenix7
Mercurian
Mercurian

February 17th, 2017, 5:33 pm #18

w o w

make like Buzz Buzz HJ and drop dead
[+] So I herd you liekz quotez + Backloggery
On Pok? Adultery wrote:Phoenix: My brother cheated on Gold and used six Ho-Ohs to beat Red.
Gilgamesh: Your brother cheated on Gold? That bastard. I feel sorry for Gold.
On Frinkrats wrote:Raven: I am the great Topic's most best pupil, who is named Raven! I am here, laughing at you! If you are giving me the chase, just to get your silly win, then you are an idiot of foolishness! This win will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of this Topic's desires! And this post shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Learning About The Currency Market wrote:[20:45:12] Jon (Chrono): miral learned more about the international currency market selling mtg than bankers did manipulating the LIBOR

HyruleWarrior
Martian
Martian

February 17th, 2017, 10:55 pm #19

buzz buzz is cool
The Hero of Hyrule.

February 18th, 2017, 3:47 am #20

Ayo