E3 2018

June 7th, 2018, 3:27 pm #1

Preparing a thread for all discussion about everything E3.

The first press conference of E3 2018 is on June 9th and it's everybodys favorite company EA that start out.

This year is looking real interesting to me. Can't wait for Death Stranding which hopefully shows actual gameplay and some actual story details.

Dragon Lord
Mercurian
Mercurian

June 7th, 2018, 6:45 pm #2

I wasn't excited for E3 until the report of the Vesperia Remaster surfaced. Now I have at least one thing to look forward to at E3.

Now if SE announced a NieR Remaster, it'd be a very good E3.

Clawford
Lunarian
Lunarian

June 8th, 2018, 1:23 am #3

King in the North wrote:The first press conference of E3 2018 is on June 9th and it's everybodys favorite company EA that start out.
Take a shot every time they mention the words live service.

Someone with video editing talent needs to go redo the great console race video for last year’s e3 while there is still time.
Last edited by Clawford on June 8th, 2018, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[+] contact
nnid: clawford
steam: zubattalion
overwatch: clawford#11714

Gnarlymaple
Martian
Martian

June 8th, 2018, 2:26 am #4

Dragon Lord wrote:I wasn't excited for E3 until the report of the Vesperia Remaster surfaced. Now I have at least one thing to look forward to at E3.

A game you already played, and hoping for a game you already played

Yes, this would be a fantastic E3. Indeed.

I'm just shitposting until my pizza arrives

Phoenix7
Mercurian
Mercurian

June 8th, 2018, 10:10 am #5

I just want Animal Crossing on Switch. Anything else is a bonus.

...Pikmin 4 would be nice too
[+] So I herd you liekz quotez + Backloggery
On Pok? Adultery wrote:Phoenix: My brother cheated on Gold and used six Ho-Ohs to beat Red.
Gilgamesh: Your brother cheated on Gold? That bastard. I feel sorry for Gold.
On Frinkrats wrote:Raven: I am the great Topic's most best pupil, who is named Raven! I am here, laughing at you! If you are giving me the chase, just to get your silly win, then you are an idiot of foolishness! This win will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of this Topic's desires! And this post shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
Learning About The Currency Market wrote:[20:45:12] Jon (Chrono): miral learned more about the international currency market selling mtg than bankers did manipulating the LIBOR

Saturos
Solian
Solian

June 8th, 2018, 10:25 am #6

Golden Sun 4 ever
[+] avatar gallery
[+] Yeager from Tales of Vesperia
[+] older!Ilyasviel, Fate/Stay Night
[+] Youmu Konpaku, Touhou
[+] Byakuren Hijiri, Touhou
[+] Templesona
[+] Parsee Mizuhashi, Touhou
[+] Patchouli Knowledge, Touhou
[+] Ilyasviel von Einzbern, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
[+] Toyosatomimi no Miko, Touhou
[title=The fleeting lights that shine like stars in the sky - they are all human desires.][/title]
[+] Kohinata Miku, Symphogear
[+] Rumble IX
The stars fall out of the sky.
Space closes up into nothingness.
The pathway to the center is shrouded along with our sins.

[title=..... I am, at last, filled with joy.][/title]
Asphodel wrote:The greatest moment of my life was when I got so pissed at Chronicles of the Sword in SC3 I grabbed a full carton of 2% milk and squeezed it until it exploded, then I laid on the floor and laughed until I cried

Dragon Lord
Mercurian
Mercurian

June 8th, 2018, 1:25 pm #7

Gnarlymaple wrote:
Dragon Lord wrote:I wasn't excited for E3 until the report of the Vesperia Remaster surfaced. Now I have at least one thing to look forward to at E3.

A game you already played, and hoping for a game you already played

Yes, this would be a fantastic E3. Indeed.

I'm just shitposting until my pizza arrives
Shitposting aside, there isn't a whole lot else I'm looking forward to that would be announced at E3. Most of the games I'm interested in are from smaller companies that wouldn't be on the E3 stage, so the conference itself has little to offer me other than the ToV Remaster and the possibility of SE announcing a NieR Remaster.

Unless Sony/Fromsoft surprise by announcing Bloodborne 2 or a Demon's Souls Remake. Other than that, the rest of the announcements I want to see will be happening on Twitter.

June 8th, 2018, 1:36 pm #8

wrote:Golden Sun 4 never ever
fixed it into something more realistic

also, Sony made a little showcase, they got a bunch of large anticipated titles this year. Almost forgot about Insomniacs Spider-Man. That will be good.

[youtube][/youtube]

June 9th, 2018, 7:28 pm #9

So. EA. They do what they do, you know exactly what you get.

• Battlefield
  • Sports
  • More sports
  • Some kind of streaming service?
  • Sports!!!
  • Two surprising indie games, which is surprising given that EA shows shooters and sports.
  • They actually took the classic franchise of Command & Conquer and turned it into a fucking mobile shitfest game.
  • Anthem. I mean, it looks great in the trailers and in the scripted gameplay...but you'll never know how it eventually ends up. I'll keep an eye on it.
EA was exactly what EA is. At least it's out of the way.

Saturos
Solian
Solian

June 9th, 2018, 7:32 pm #10

Anthem looks amazing. It's like if you took Andromeda exploration+gameplay and amped it up to 11, which is one of the strong points in that game, I think.

Not sure how good the quality will be for the story content, but based on the character designs alone I'm cautiously optimistic they're putting good thought into it

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/06/09 ... e-romances
[+] avatar gallery
[+] Yeager from Tales of Vesperia
[+] older!Ilyasviel, Fate/Stay Night
[+] Youmu Konpaku, Touhou
[+] Byakuren Hijiri, Touhou
[+] Templesona
[+] Parsee Mizuhashi, Touhou
[+] Patchouli Knowledge, Touhou
[+] Ilyasviel von Einzbern, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
[+] Toyosatomimi no Miko, Touhou
[title=The fleeting lights that shine like stars in the sky - they are all human desires.][/title]
[+] Kohinata Miku, Symphogear
[+] Rumble IX
The stars fall out of the sky.
Space closes up into nothingness.
The pathway to the center is shrouded along with our sins.

[title=..... I am, at last, filled with joy.][/title]
Asphodel wrote:The greatest moment of my life was when I got so pissed at Chronicles of the Sword in SC3 I grabbed a full carton of 2% milk and squeezed it until it exploded, then I laid on the floor and laughed until I cried

Clawford
Lunarian
Lunarian

June 9th, 2018, 8:22 pm #11

But remember the part when they talked to the guy from Respawn in the audience. Apparently Disney decided to give EA another go with another Star Wars game based around the clone wars because why not.
[+] contact

June 9th, 2018, 8:50 pm #12

Mhm, and I bet EA couldn't help but write some small text at the end of the contract "if we publish this game it must include forced multiplayer with loot boxes and microtransactions". Forgive me for not getting hyped for it. Sadly.

And that just hit me, I just realized that I said I'm careful about getting hyped for a AAA Star Wars video game. How is that even possible. How have they managed to run Star fucking Wars into the ground like this.

Anyway, tomorrow is Sunday and the press conferences of the day is Microsoft, Bethesda and Devolver Digital. In that order. Bethesda will confirm our fears or dreams regarding Fallout 76, if it's a standard Fallout rpg or a battle royale or a moba or a card game or whatever the fuck it is. Maybe more Wolfenstein? Doom even? A surprise Elder Scrolls would make my day

Right of the top of my head I have no clue what Microsoft got going on these days. Whatever happened with their futuristic holographic tech? HoloLens?
Last edited by King in the North on June 9th, 2018, 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HyruleWarrior
Martian
Martian

June 9th, 2018, 9:38 pm #13

I'm waiting to see if Nintendo will talk about Smash Bros for the Switch. Let's hope they talk about that game soon.
The Hero of Hyrule.

HyrulianJedi
Elemental

June 9th, 2018, 11:36 pm #14

Wait, Devolver Digital are the ones who make those hilarious presentations, right?

Peytral
Solian
Solian

June 10th, 2018, 12:54 am #15

They're the ones who are (hopefully) bringing over METAL WOLF CHAOS
[+] Backloggery thing
[+] The BEST QUOTES
wrote:Chrono Ivan: Her internal organs boiled out of her eye sockets like a high school science fair volcano.
wrote:Souled Soulless(Ulta): OH I KNOW PEYTRAL IS AWESOME.
wrote:Chrono Ivan: The Phrase "Nasty, Brutish and short" best describes what: A) Hobbes' view of man in nature B) Grim Reapist C) Sex with Grim Reapist
wrote:Megaman is kind of like Astro Boy. Without the anal fixation.
wrote:Terri: I'm not ignoring you, Sundancer. I just made out with you!
wrote:I'm happy for you, God, and I'mma let you finish, but Sega had the best Genesis of all time. Of all time.
wrote:Artemis: Besides, everyone knows Luna sucks balls at night.
wrote:Jackal: *is Chun-Li*
Miral Nocturne says
oh god the ESRB
Every time I think of the ESRB
I think of this really prude old woman with her spectacles on her nose
And she's like
"Is that buttocks? Tsk tsk..."
And scratches something down on a clipboard
wrote:Saturos: I am perpetually like Freiza
Saturos: fighting at 10% of my power level
Silvandorf wrote:actually she's 14, I don't see the problem
Boydgamesh wrote:who cares if she's only 13
Silvandorf wrote:cause drugs are the best
wrote:[4:37:45 PM] Aaron: Solbowz has taste

June 10th, 2018, 1:58 pm #16

HyrulianJedi wrote:Wait, Devolver Digital are the ones who make those hilarious presentations, right?
Yes, last year they had that surprise press conference in the middle of everything that people didn't understood were pre-recorded and edited at first, which made it even better.

[youtube][/youtube]

HyruleWarrior
Martian
Martian

June 10th, 2018, 6:41 pm #17

King in the North wrote:
HyrulianJedi wrote:Wait, Devolver Digital are the ones who make those hilarious presentations, right?
Yes, last year they had that surprise press conference in the middle of everything that people didn't understood were pre-recorded and edited at first, which made it even better.

[youtube][/youtube]
Nintendo still has a lot more games to unveil at E3.
The Hero of Hyrule.

June 10th, 2018, 8:49 pm #18

HyruleWarrior wrote:
King in the North wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
Nintendo still has a lot more games to unveil at E3.
I'm sure, I've never stated anything different. :sweatdrop:

So that Vesperia HD edition was just officialy revealed at the Microsoft conf. And thank god it's the PS3 version.

Also, From Softwares new title, we're samurai now

Devil May Cry baby
Last edited by King in the North on June 10th, 2018, 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clawford
Lunarian
Lunarian

June 10th, 2018, 9:29 pm #19

no we're frogs now
[+] contact

June 10th, 2018, 9:41 pm #20

Finally, fucking Cyberpunk, game of the year material right there
Last edited by King in the North on June 10th, 2018, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.