Moderator: model murdering

Patriot Day!

September 11th, 2018, 11:18 pm #1

Today is Patriot's Day, it is a day of remembrance of the nearly 3,000 people that were killed in the September 11th attacks of 2001. I hope that everyone flew a flag today at half staff and that everyone observed a moment of silence for those that were lost .............

September 13th, 2018, 12:38 am #2

I remember like it was yesterday.

September 13th, 2018, 1:25 pm #3

When it happened we only had an Internet connection at work for less than a year. I got a call from a co-worker that checked the news several times a day saying that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. I said that I thought that it wasn't an accident. I had assumed that he was talking about a small plane, not an airliner. A short time later he called again with the news about the second crash. I had some video equipment that I used to record lectures and other presentations, the monitor was a regular TV set, so I took that to a conference room and tuned in the news.
The tourist attraction in my town is the Shoreline Trolley Museum. A few years ago they got one of the subway cars that was under the World Trade Center when the buildings came down and that is now on display.

September 14th, 2018, 2:28 am #4

Its easy to remember if ya dont forget

September 14th, 2018, 1:49 pm #5

I vividly remember a TV being on in another room here sometime around 11pm that night. At the time it was no more than background noise. I heard what I thought was something about a plane hitting a building. Usually I'd dismiss it without thought, figuring it was some TV show. In this case it just sounded serious and not at all like a usual show or movie. Walking into the room I completely froze, realising it was a live feed. After calling my wife into the room we sat up almost all night watching in stunned silence as the events unfolded.

It's great to see a Patriot Day acknowledgement here at the Lodge.

Gotta keep remembering,
Michael.

September 14th, 2018, 2:18 pm #6

Flown every day at my house for the past seventeen years. Comes down in bad weather then right back up.

September 15th, 2018, 3:23 am #7

Even Senility, hasn't effect "This" Sad Memory..
A friend, who helped Me in My Cutlery-Shop. Called Me EARLY that morning (on CDT here..)
Asked rather... 'Carefully",,, "Been watching the News..??" (I'm a News-Addict..) "No" I sad..
was still in bed w/ You called...
"Better go & turn on your TV, to CNN (Back Then, It was "Trusted" better (IMHO))....
Tv came on, Just as the 2nd. plane crashed into the Other Tower.... ALL I could think of was; "HOLY Bat-S--T !!"

I still can't name "Which" Tower was hit 1st... But the Sight was EXTREEMELY-Sobering, from still 1/2 asleep
(& NO-Coffee yet..)
My Wife & I, are originally from "Upstate" N.Y. (like PP Is.. Only We were on the EAST-end of Lake Ontario)..
Called ALL our Friends/Family still up there... Checking on Their situation...

"LEAST WE NEVER FORGET!!.."