3:34 PM - Jun 19, 2015 #11

I purchased a very rusted Hot Rod body last summer, photo's below, and then this summer I found a perfect one at another flea market. It is perfect for customizing........Have a good day!

Last edited by partspig on 1:35 AM - Jul 21, 2015, edited 1 time in total.

3:50 PM - Jun 19, 2015 #12

my younger brothers had those a long time ago and they were called "jalopies" in our house.
those boys spent most of the time running them head on into each other on the front porch floor.
they held up quite well although the top and windshield didn't last long.
they were "handed down" to younger cousins who did the same with them.
damn sturdy construction. I think the sheet metal steel was equivilant to the sheet metal on real cars at the ime ... LOL

2:16 PM - Jun 20, 2015 #13

Oh wow..... talk about beauty and the beast! I have to say that while "beauty" shines so nicely "beast" still has a certain appeal - well, to me anyway. Great score PP and nice of you to offer up your original for parts. Hey, does the star shaped opening at the back serve any purpose?

Cheers,
Michael.

3:35 PM - Jun 20, 2015 #14

Not sure Jisp, they made a LOT of different variations on this particular car over the years. Notice that the crusty one doesn't have that hole? I may well have been for a spare tire that has gone missing...........and I am just guessing here. Yepper, my guess was right...............I borrowed this photo, I hope the guy doesn't mind.......

And if anyone is interested in obtaining crusty relics like these, drop me a line, let me know what you are looking for. If I run across them for cheap say $10 and less, AND you are willing to pay the shipping to you. I am more than willing to buy them and ship them to you.......I hit ten to 12 toy shows and large flea markets every year.....I see a lot of these, but I only buy ones that I had as a kid and want to restore..........
Last edited by partspig on 3:47 PM - Jun 20, 2015, edited 2 times in total.