Moderator: model murdering

Kiwi Radio and the Big Beat. R18!

December 22nd, 2014, 11:03 am #1

A music thread! Why don't we have a music thread? Slot cars and music go hand in hand with me. Part of the creative process involves whistling, toe tapping and the occasional boogie!!
I listen to all sorts of music. My parents listened to John Cash, Neil Diamond, and so on. I love live music! I go to a Blues club night once a month and go to as many local live events as I can.
I'm sure there are other members that can add to this thread! I know of a Pink Floyd fan and a Jethro Tull fan lurking here?
The thread has R18 in the title because there will be odd swear word or adult type lyrics that may not be suitable for delicate ears??

Here's a couple of Kiwi tracks!

December 23rd, 2014, 8:28 am #2

Going waaaaay back. Learn to forget!!

A stunning cover of Led Zeps epic "When The Levee Breaks".

December 23rd, 2014, 11:01 am #3

Dave, ya can't have slots without music.... great idea. With a million "favourites" it's hard to know where to start. I guess I can't go past the Aussie boys Spiderbait and there kick-rump cover of Ram Jam's Black Betty. Great song with an equally fast paced clip..... enjoy.

December 23rd, 2014, 8:12 pm #4

But of course Dave!

Original Blues, Blues covers, Rock-a-billy, ...

.... an integral part of the model murdering process. Tunes is number three, right after opening the slotcave door and turning on the lights.

Love that Zep cover. Not as grindingly down and dirty as the original, but technically perfect with some good soul. The gals "slide" work is impressive and unusually sharp.

Got me in the mood to slide, so I'll likely que up some Allman Bros!

I do love me some Surfer Jam as well. I frequently let this loop until a modeling session is over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gkFors ... nYthnQOD8M

This is one of my favs when the surf is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftgrN4O ... M&index=44

A lot depends on the mood and the task at hand. You know I'm serious when I load up the unheard by the masses Blues covers by Hendrix or a nonstop assault of AC/DC.

Last edited by model murdering on December 23rd, 2014, 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

December 24th, 2014, 8:31 am #5

Yep Micheal, couldn't agree more. Best rockin version of a great track! Thanks Bill, I'm going to listen to some more of the Blue Stingrays!!
Here's another rockin Aussie band. This song was a drinking anthem at many a great night. I remember that but the rest is a bit vague?

The Vid is rubbish!!!!

Vintage Bon Scott AC/DC

December 25th, 2014, 11:31 am #6

Dave, coincidentally I was able to catch James Reyne play a bunch of Aus Crawl material at an all day outdoor rock festival just last month. He's still very active on the live circuit and his voice is as strong today as it was way back when. He's a brilliant live performer.

Guys, at around the same time that local band Australian Crawl were smashing the charts, another band called Cold Chisel was enjoying huge success here. A number of their songs became bar and party anthems through the 80s & 90s. I'd describe their music as blues rock with occasional rock-a-billy. The following track is a classic - Bow River. Turn it up and give it a minute to get into full swing...

"Years of struggle had turned Cold Chisel into one of Australian Rock's all-time great bands probably the greatest ... But the years had also taken their toll since they formed in 1973 and in August 1983 the band put out a press release saying it was disbanding and would tour all major Australian Capital Cities to say farewell to their many fans ... In December they played their final concerts to sold-out audiences at capacity of 13,000 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre for 5 days straight and fans were camped out for days just to grab their tickets ... Chisel played over 30 songs each night with a different set list and Jimmy and the boys would come out every night with all guns blazing and proudly parading their knockabout, working-class colours to the end ... In effect, this really was Cold Chisel's Last Stand and here are Impassioned renditions of Chisel's best numbers and they delivered to rabid audiences and showed that the guys could still get their mojo working in overdrive and that to the end ... Cold Chisel were a great live act and left everyone in awe."

December 27th, 2014, 9:15 am #7

A song for the ladies!! When the warm fuzzies kick in, get up, go give your lady a hug and a kiss. They let us do what we do!!

December 31st, 2014, 11:47 pm #8

Kicking the New Year off!!!

A good two piece band always impresses me. Check these guys out, they do their thing with a Bass and drums only. Who needs a lead??

Who doesn't like a blonde and a redhead two piece?

January 11th, 2015, 2:37 am #9

My Baby!! Just got my tickets to go see these guys at the end of the month. Great legs!!

Out on Gin!! Great track. Side note= Half a bottle of Gin and I'm crying like a baby!!

January 11th, 2015, 10:35 pm #10

some great videos.
not ready to post any myself, but really enjoying your contributions.
thanx