Yeah, that ineffectual Trump...

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 1:01 am #1

Remind me, how many times we have had a summit meeting with the North Koreans?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/major-announc ... ories.html
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 1:39 am #2

Its funny how cooperative some folks can get when their very existence is in jeopardy.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 3:31 am #3

Being broke and without food helps bring folks to the table.

Let's hope they aren't lying, though...
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Wim
Junior Carp
Wim
Junior Carp

March 9th, 2018, 8:11 am #4

Just hypothetically: suppose that they're both sincere on meeting and or talking to each other.

Has North Korea suddenly understood that it can't win a conflict with the US?

Or could it be that China is playing a little game of chess by pacifying a possible conflict at its Korean border so that it can spend more attention to the growing problems it has with India (on control of some Himalayan areas)?

If the latter, it would be very wise for Trump not to overestimate his influence in the far east...

Wim

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 12:25 pm #5

Wim wrote:Just hypothetically: suppose that they're both sincere on meeting and or talking to each other.

Has North Korea suddenly understood that it can't win a conflict with the US?

Or could it be that China is playing a little game of chess by pacifying a possible conflict at its Korean border so that it can spend more attention to the growing problems it has with India (on control of some Himalayan areas)?

If the latter, it would be very wise for Trump not to overestimate his influence in the far east...

Wim
If the NORKs go through with it, it will be the first time their leader has met with a U.S. President.

Ever.

Now, while this may produce nothing, something had to give for this to happen. Maybe it's Chinese pressure. Maybe it's the military exercises taking place off the NK coastline. Maybe it's the UN sanctions. Maybe it's the fact that while the media has been focused on tweets, the U.S. has been diplomatically working the North Koreans very hard.

But.

Without caveat, it is a positive sign and is happening during a Trump Administration. Not under a different administration that has a Nobel Peace Prize under it's belt. Or any other administration.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 12:29 pm #6

Absolutely.

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 4:21 pm #7

The cnn coverage of this is amazing.

They have a long list of pundits willing to make up scary ghost stories about why this meeting could be a bad idea.

What if Mr. Un plays a trick on Mr. Trump? OMG - it could mean the end of the world!

Then the next guy pretends that the scary ghost story is real.

Yes, Mr. Trump is going to cause the end of the world in only a few weeks!
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 5:06 pm #8

Copper wrote:The cnn coverage of this is amazing.

They have a long list of pundits willing to make up scary ghost stories about why this meeting could be a bad idea.

What if Mr. Un plays a trick on Mr. Trump? OMG - it could mean the end of the world!

Then the next guy pretends that the scary ghost story is real.

Yes, Mr. Trump is going to cause the end of the world in only a few weeks!
I think it’s fair and right to model the scenarios but CNN is so off the charts bad that it’s laugable when they question, I did spit my coffee out literally during one of those segments. How they do it with a straight face is really impressive.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 5:07 pm #9

Hard to chalk one up for the Antichrist...

Kincaid
HOLY CARP!!!
Kincaid
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 6:51 pm #10

I hope when they go in for the handshake Trump pulls out the shiv and sticks it right up between the 2nd and 3rd rib of the little guy.
Kincaid - disgusted Republican Partisan since 2006.

Tav D
Junior Carp
Tav D
Junior Carp

March 9th, 2018, 8:04 pm #11

I heard that the reason Kim wants to talk is that he is literally running out of money because of sanctions. He will probably try to squeeze concessions in the form of more money in exchange with “stopping” his nuclear program. He’s done this before. Each time he cheats and continues missile development. Trump should demand international inspections. Of course Kim can act like Saddam and play cat and mouse games to hide his facilities. Maybe Trump can say “if we detect any missile/warhead development we begin bombing in 5 minutes”

Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 8:34 pm #12

I think Kim agreed to the summit just to shake hands with a man that has even smaller hands than he does.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 9:59 pm #13

Will Dennis Rodman be there?

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 10:00 pm #14

Well we excoriated Obama for his campaign pledge to talk to the bad guys, I suppose turn around is fair play. But it is funny that a month ago the world was going to end and now the new breathless news is why the hell are they talking and that is a horrible move.

xenon
Senior Carp
xenon
Senior Carp

March 9th, 2018, 10:02 pm #15

Seems like all political stripes are huffing and puffing about this - nothing has happened. Let’s wait till the nukes have been shelved (doubtful after you see what happened to the likes of Saddam and Gaddafi).

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 10:05 pm #16

Davis wrote:Well we excoriated Obama for his campaign pledge to talk to the bad guys
It was the bow and apology that caused the problem.

Mr. Trump is unlikely to do that.

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 10:05 pm #17

xenon wrote:Seems like all political stripes are huffing and puffing about this - nothing has happened. Let’s wait till the nukes have been shelved (doubtful after you see what happened to the likes of Saddam and Gaddafi).
What no Nobel peace prize? Come on Xenon, where is the fairness.

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 10:07 pm #18

So did Trump just screw the pooch on this? It looks like Huckabee Sanders walked it back.

Maybe Trump didn’t realize that NK has always been willing to meet, but we wouldn’t do it without preconditions. Then Trump gets an invitation and thinks he hit a triple.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 10:12 pm #19

jon-nyc wrote:So did Trump just screw the pooch on this? It looks like Huckabee walked it back.

Maybe Trump didn’t realize that NK has always even willing to meet, but we wouldn’t do it without preconditions. Then Trump gets an invitation and thinks he hit a triple.
I know right. Where would we be without these genius journalists. They should really be running the country and advising with their deep knowledge. Why aren’t they serving, it’s our biggest problem.

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 10:13 pm #20

I’m not going to chase that ball, but I enjoy watching you throw.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.