WTF on Christianity

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

1:26 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #1

I occasionally read some of the threads over at WTF to see how much more insane they've become since the last time I visited. This morning, sQuirt had started a thread titled "The Death Rattle of White Christianity". He was almost giddy with glee at the prospect that Christianity was in decline, and all the other halfwits on that forum fell in line, equally happy to hear this "news". They blamed this decline on "Evangelicals"...

At first I was disgusted at seeing just how mentally ill this bunch of leftwing nutjobs have gotten. Typical of the mentally diseased Left, they celebrate every perversion, every societal sickness, every debased idea they can find to celebrate. So I decided to check the facts for myself. Go get sQuirt and any of the other morons over there and tell them to come read this.

Here's what I found, from studies done by Pew Research:

Yes, there has been a decline in the number of people who attend many of the mainstream denominations. In fact, people have been abandoning these churches like rats on a sinking ship. But that's just the start of things....

You see, one of the things the Left has done with absolute consistency over the past 50 years is to champion destructive ideas, and then after their idea has done its damage, blame the damage on the Right, and claim it as proof they had it right all along. DECADES of perversion from the Left chipped away at Christianity, and now they celebrate its "destruction", and claim it is the Evangelicals that destroyed it. Not so fast, sQuirt:

Christianity is NOT in decline. According to Pew Research, it's growing. The mainline protestant churches are absolutely hemorrhaging members. Members are running for the exits of these churches as if they are on fire. In absolute numbers, these churches have collectively declined by 5 million adults since 2007, easily the starkest decline of any Christian tradition. Of course, their decline was already in full flow prior to 2007, only getting worse in the following years. These are the churches that now embrace homosexuality, same sex marriage, homosexuals in the pulpit, abortion, etc.. all the perverse garbage they have embraced as they reject the teachings of the Bible in favor of Leftwing ideology.

So how is it that Christianity is growing? Because, contrary to what sQuirt and the other leftwing nutjobs of WTF think, it's not the Evangelicals that are losing members, it's the perverse apostate denominations that have abandoned biblical teachings that are in decline. Those denominations the Left sneers at, the "Evangelicals"... are growing like weeds. People are abandoning the apostate denominations the Left has destroyed and are joining the churches that still follow biblical teachings.

The Left is the single most destructive group, the single most destructive ideology, the nation has ever faced. I'm not sure if Leftism makes one stupid, or if stupid people just gravitate to it.. But stupid reigns supreme on the Left.

And all anyone has to do to see it is to watch as they head deeper and deeper down the path of perversion and sickness.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

1:28 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #2

Oh - and before you jump in telling me how I should take it to WTF - let me remind you that they do not allow anyone to join their little group if he is going to challenge their little bubble, and their a bunch of racists who do not allow injuns.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

1:36 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #3

Larry wrote:and their a bunch of racists who do not allow injuns.
I don't post at WTF, but as far as I know the only don't allow one particular injun, namely you. Playing the race card under such circumstances is a very "progressive" thing to do for you.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

1:37 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #4

You got anything to add regarding the point of this thread, or are you just here to throw rocks?
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

1:41 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #5

I have no intention to comment on the decline, or lack thereof, of christianity right now. I merely wanted to point out the irony of you first bashing the Left and then use the same leftist victimhood logic for your purposes a sentence later.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

1:44 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #6

The people that denigrate religion, are among the first on their knees, praying to God that He heals their child or keeps their loved ones from being killed on the battlefield.

As far as the Mainline denominations...When you walk away from the Bible, it's only a matter of time until you decline. Sure, there are things people can disagree on, but if it's clearly taught that a sin is a sin, that a perversion is a perversion...Well, to teach otherwise is simply a short road to the Dark Side. Satan is well-versed in the Bible and loves to mutter in the ears of man, tickling those ears with thoughts that will eventually lead to personal destruction.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

1:45 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #7

I also made it clear that they don't allow anyone who dares challenge their little bubble world view. You didn't seem to be interested in that observation though, just on the tiny reference to injuns. In doing so, you not only miss the whole point, you are attempting to deflect the conversation away from the grim truth.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

1:52 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #8

wrote:Those denominations the Left sneers at, the "Evangelicals"... are growing like weeds.
Do you have some form of reference to back that claim up?

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

1:54 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #9

Klaus wrote:
wrote:Those denominations the Left sneers at, the "Evangelicals"... are growing like weeds.
The part about the Left sneering at Evangelicals or the statement about that part of the church growing?
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

1:55 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #10

Klaus wrote:
Pew Research. Ever heard of them?
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:00 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #11

Or you can read it here... Evangelical Christianity is not just growing in the US, it's growing globally:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism
wrote:Evangelicalism, a major part of popular Protestantism, is among the most dynamic religious movements in the contemporary world.[5] While evangelicalism is on the rise globally, developing countries have particularly embraced it; it is the fastest growing portion of Christianity.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

2:04 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #12

Larry wrote:
Klaus wrote:
Yes. But presumably there are thousands of studies they published. Why don't you just tell us which of their documents you refer to and then we can all make up our own mind about whether the study supports what you say?

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

2:08 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #13

Klaus, without the lived experience of being an Injun persecuted by tiny Internet forums you have no right to judge.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

2:10 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #14

jon-nyc wrote:Klaus, without the lived experience of being an Injun persecuted by tiny Internet forums you have no right to judge.
#believeinjuns

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

2:13 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #15

WTF still allows me to post, but they do not know that I am married to an Asian.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

2:16 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #16

There are Asian-American posters there and at least two others who are married to Asians or Asian-Americans.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

2:19 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #17

Nice deflection, guys.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:23 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #18

Klaus wrote:
Larry wrote:
Klaus wrote:
Yes. But presumably there are thousands of studies they published. Why don't you just tell us which of their documents you refer to and then we can all make up our own mind about whether the study supports what you say?
I gave you a link to Wiki that tells it, and the link to pew research is there.

Read instead of attack.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

2:27 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #19

Larry - your data and this piece’s data aren’t necessarily inconsistent. You are talking about total numbers of Evangelicals, Quirt’s piece is talking about a subset of evangelicals (non-Hispanic whites) as a percentage of the overall population. Those can move in different directions.

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

2:28 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #20

jon-nyc wrote:There are Asian-American posters there and at least two others who are married to Asians or Asian-Americans.
Institutionalized racism is not disproven by cherry picked counter-examples, jon.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?