Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:29 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #21

Don't make excuses for them, Jon. You could literally FEEL the joy every damned on of them had at the prospect of white christians in decline.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

2:29 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #22

I have noticed a sticky cap of posts from that group of around 25%.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:32 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #23

One just posted about how there was hope among the "welcoming Christians".... the exact opposite of the facts. What's being "welcomed" is perversion, and that's the very ones in decline. They are clueless.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

2:34 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #24

There's an interesting thread there "From the straight spouse" which I bet one of those Welcoming Christians could have fascinating input on. Sadly he has not offered his perspective there yet.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

2:36 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #25

I haven’t looked at this in any great detail but anecdotally it seems like the mainline Protestant churches, or some of them anyway, are essentially becoming churches of social justice. They could probably find some new equilibrium that way and arrest their decline, though in the new incarnation they would be much smaller than in their heyday.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:38 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #26

They need to stop calling themselves Christians and stop calling it a church and call it what it is - a social club.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

3:15 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #27

Larry wrote:Don't make excuses for them, Jon. You could literally FEEL the joy every damned on of them had at the prospect of white christians in decline.
That's solid Truth. :thumb:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!
John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!

3:24 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #28

Larry wrote:They need to stop calling themselves Christians and stop calling it a church and call it what it is - a social club.
As opposed to this place which is an anti-social club.

Incidentally, I've been searching the internet, and there are EVEN WORSE FORUMS OUT THERE THAN WTF!!!!! Hard to believe, I know, but it's true. I won't link to them because I don't want to give them publicity.

We should have a forum of the week award where guys who clearly have nothing to do all day link to discussions amongst people they despise and we can talk about them and feel better about ourselves.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

3:27 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #29

Jolly wrote:
Larry wrote:Don't make excuses for them, Jon. You could literally FEEL the joy every damned on of them had at the prospect of white christians in decline.
That's solid Truth. :thumb:
That's right, it is no surprise, those are well known posters.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

xenon
Senior Carp
xenon
Senior Carp

3:53 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #30

How does the narrative line up with everyone's personal, anecdotal experience?

I grew up going to Sikh temples with large congregation growth, but it was hard to disentangle the effects of attendence and growth of the base through immigration.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

4:01 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #31

Larry wrote:Or you can read it here... Evangelical Christianity is not just growing in the US, it's growing globally:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism
wrote:Evangelicalism, a major part of popular Protestantism, is among the most dynamic religious movements in the contemporary world.[5] While evangelicalism is on the rise globally, developing countries have particularly embraced it; it is the fastest growing portion of Christianity.

Why don’t you show us the actual data you found? Like: on p. XX of this document there’s a graph which shows that Evangelicals have grown by 20% per year in the last 10 years. I still have no idea, which Pew report you refer to, and given that these are often big documents, a page number would be helpful.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

4:23 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #32

Why don't you look it up yourself if you aren't willing to accept the link I gave you already, and then discuss the issue instead of continuing with your diversionary tactics?

Or do you not know what the actual issue is that's being discussed?
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

4:42 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #33

Larry wrote:Why don't you look it up yourself if you aren't willing to accept the link I gave you already, and then discuss the issue instead of continuing with your diversionary tactics?

I can't look it up. You gave a quote from Wikipedia that contains no reference to any actual data. You talk about some Pew report, but can't be bothered to link to that report. There's one report discussed in the Wikipedia page, this one, but that report is not about the development of the sizes of different Christian denominations. Maybe there's something in the report that I'm missing - its 130 pages - but you don't seem to be willing to say on which data you base your claim.

I'm not diverting anything. I want to know whether there's data to back up your claim. If there's none, then there's no point in discussing further. And I'm actually interested in the answer; I have no opinion on whether those numbers are growing or shrinking for Evangelicals simply because I don't know. If possible, I like to base my opinions on facts.

You seem to be more interested in turning the attention to the attitude of WTF members towards Christianity, but I find that part of the discussion to be unlikely to yield any new insights into anything, beyond the entirely predictable stuff, hence I'd like to focus on what I considered to be the potentially most interesting part of your post.

John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!
John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!

4:50 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #34

I do know there's a lot more England football fans this week than there was a year ago.

Maybe that's similar to the evangelical explosion - #Godscominghome!

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

4:56 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #35

Klaus, this isn't a math problem to be solved. All that needs to be shown is that evangelical Christianity is not in decline, but is in fact growing. How much is beside the point. I've shown that. Next, all that needs to be shown is that the actual decline is occurring among the denominations that have embraced their perversion. I've done that.

YES Klaus, I'm turning the attention to the attitude of WTF members toward Christianity - that's the whole POINT. If you want to bury yourself in a math problem, fine. But stop derailing the discussion with it because it's got nothing to do with this.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

4:58 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #36

Yeah what is that ‘coming home’ sh1t about anyway? The cup just visited there once, right? over half a century ago now.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

4:58 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #37

John D'Oh wrote:I do know there's a lot more England football fans this week than there was a year ago.

Maybe that's similar to the evangelical explosion - #Godscominghome!
You remind me of an old native American story:

A wise man and a fool have the same mother.
It's so one can take care of the other.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!
John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!

5:04 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #38

Is this the one about the son of the squaw on the hippopotamus being equal to the son of the squaw on the other two hides?

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

5:36 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #39

Klaus wrote:
Larry wrote:Why don't you look it up yourself if you aren't willing to accept the link I gave you already, and then discuss the issue instead of continuing with your diversionary tactics?

I can't look it up. You gave a quote from Wikipedia that contains no reference to any actual data. You talk about some Pew report, but can't be bothered to link to that report. There's one report discussed in the Wikipedia page, this one, but that report is not about the development of the sizes of different Christian denominations. Maybe there's something in the report that I'm missing - its 130 pages - but you don't seem to be willing to say on which data you base your claim.

I'm not diverting anything. I want to know whether there's data to back up your claim. If there's none, then there's no point in discussing further. And I'm actually interested in the answer; I have no opinion on whether those numbers are growing or shrinking for Evangelicals simply because I don't know. If possible, I like to base my opinions on facts.

You seem to be more interested in turning the attention to the attitude of WTF members towards Christianity, but I find that part of the discussion to be unlikely to yield any new insights into anything, beyond the entirely predictable stuff, hence I'd like to focus on what I considered to be the potentially most interesting part of your post.
Larry is not your google-mommy. He made his claim and provided a link. If you don't buy that, fine. Look it up yourself.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

5:38 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #40

wrote:YES Klaus, I'm turning the attention to the attitude of WTF members toward Christianity - that's the whole POINT.
Just in case somebody missed it.