Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

April 13th, 2010, 9:02 am #2241

No problem dude. :smile:

I'd say that in general, each album has songs that have a similar theme, and boy oh boy does he have a lot of albums out. I'm not even crazy about more than half his stuff but the songs that are great are really great. You have to really stay on top of him though because he comes out with a new one it seems every month.

My favorite are Thanatopsis, COLMA, Pepper's Ghost, and Population Override (lots of good slow tempo songs in that one).

Let me know if you find any others you like!
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Renauda
HOLY CARP!!!
Renauda
HOLY CARP!!!

April 14th, 2010, 6:24 pm #2242

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

April 21st, 2010, 5:19 am #2243

NAK
Senior Carp
NAK
Senior Carp

April 29th, 2010, 2:42 am #2244

A pretty wicked album featuring Les Claypool and Buckethead. The first track is epic. (See current COTW.)

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

April 29th, 2010, 6:17 pm #2245

NAK wrote:

A pretty wicked album featuring Les Claypool and Buckethead. The first track is epic. (See current COTW.)
Not a big favorite of mine but then again, I've listened to it maybe once. (He's just got too much freaking stuff out!)

Billy Idol, circa 2008. Yep, he's still around, you bet he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEkPRY5iq78

Fayth
Fayth

May 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm #2246

Listening to Paramore - Circle atm.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

May 12th, 2010, 9:01 pm #2247

I've seen Paramore a couple times. With my daughter, of course. Good band.

Mark
HOLY CARP!!!
Mark
HOLY CARP!!!

June 2nd, 2010, 5:44 am #2248

Awesome.
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 4th, 2010, 6:52 pm #2249

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 7th, 2010, 8:33 pm #2250

Aqua - is buckethead better than Petrucci?
'Cause I'm listening to Dream Theater "Live at the Budakan" right now and as everyone knows, Jon Petrucci is completely 'sick' when it comes to solo guitar. Coupled with Rudess on keyboards (studied at Juliard at age 9), and Portnoy on drums (my favorite drummer by far right now) you have a powerhouse of a band.
Somehow I went through a good chunk of my life without knowing about these guys - now I just want to be part of the band.
"I realize you want him to touch you all over and give you babies, but his handling of the PR side really did screw the pooch." - Ivory Thumper
"He said sleepily: "Don't worry mom, my dick is like hot logs in the morning." - Apple

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 7th, 2010, 9:41 pm #2251

KlavierBauer wrote:Aqua - is buckethead better than Petrucci?
'Cause I'm listening to Dream Theater "Live at the Budakan" right now and as everyone knows, Jon Petrucci is completely 'sick' when it comes to solo guitar. Coupled with Rudess on keyboards (studied at Juliard at age 9), and Portnoy on drums (my favorite drummer by far right now) you have a powerhouse of a band.
Somehow I went through a good chunk of my life without knowing about these guys - now I just want to be part of the band.
Y'know I'm not all that familiar with Dream Theater! Gots me something to look up tonight, thanks! I'll letcha know what I think. :smile:

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 7th, 2010, 9:57 pm #2252

I have listened to a bit of buckethead, and it is most definitely an amazing guitarist.
Dream Theater has so much "content" it's hard to find a good place to start. If you enjoy progressive metal though, and won't balk at the harder stuff, you'd probably love the technicality they achieve in the Budokan performance. The first 4 songs or so are pretty amazing. Sort of Rush-esque in their ability to put on a live show with incredible technical difficulty, and nearly flawless execution thereof.
"I realize you want him to touch you all over and give you babies, but his handling of the PR side really did screw the pooch." - Ivory Thumper
"He said sleepily: "Don't worry mom, my dick is like hot logs in the morning." - Apple

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 8th, 2010, 6:24 pm #2253

KlavierBauer wrote:Dream Theater has so much "content" it's hard to find a good place to start. If you enjoy progressive metal though, and won't balk at the harder stuff, you'd probably love the technicality they achieve in the Budokan performance. The first 4 songs or so are pretty amazing. Sort of Rush-esque in their ability to put on a live show with incredible technical difficulty, and nearly flawless execution thereof.
Dude. I started with Octavarium. Holy crap.

They're a bit slow, so I guess for the ADHD metal fans out there they couldn't get into this as much as, say, Dragonforce, but I really like 'em just the same. I very much appreciate how much thought they put into their musical themes and lyrics. Really well thought out stuff. (I really liked Octavarium's "full circle" theme, very cool. :thumb: )

They're kind of like a Pink Floyd/Rush/prog metal hybrid, aren't they?

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 9th, 2010, 6:40 pm #2254

Aqua: Agreed - that's a pretty accurate depiction of them.
Pink Floyd-esque chord progressions, Rush-like technicality and live performance quality, and then a healthy dose of metal thrown in.

They have an instrumental that sort of runs through their influences - lots of Zeppelin and Floyd, very cool.
The Big Medley

schindler
Fulla-Carp
schindler
Fulla-Carp

June 9th, 2010, 6:54 pm #2255

Best CD of the year, so far. Check it out.
We're all mad here!

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 13th, 2010, 2:56 am #2256

Currently listening to my roommate playing his guitar, going through this entire album. Pretty sure he isn't aware anyone else is home. ^_^

I don't mind though, he's good! He's going through each song, in order. How he played "Marooned" was pretty interesting.

NAK
Senior Carp
NAK
Senior Carp

June 15th, 2010, 3:19 am #2257

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 15th, 2010, 6:32 pm #2258

Holy smokes I love that.
It takes me back to the good old days of Steward Copeland stealing the show at Police shows with his wild stick antics.

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 15th, 2010, 6:36 pm #2259

89th and I have been talking about that for weeks. It's so great. :lol: :thumb:

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

June 17th, 2010, 6:56 pm #2260

These guys help me fulfill my requirement to listen to music throughout my time at work. Pretty decent instrumental post-rock.

Tristeza