Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

8:12 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #21

What you lefties need to do is accept the fact that your ideas have failed, your ideology has failed, and you're so entrenched into it that you aren't able to see the bigger picture. Then get out of the way and watch and learn.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

xenon
Senior Carp
xenon
Senior Carp

8:32 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #22

Larry wrote:What you lefties need to do is accept the fact that your ideas have failed, your ideology has failed, and you're so entrenched into it that you aren't able to see the bigger picture. Then get out of the way and watch and learn.
Oh yeah - free trade, what a leftist ruse.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

8:40 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #23

See, you don't even understand how free trade works. Thanks for proving my point.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

8:41 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #24

I’m going to rest my case about how his base would follow him into autarky.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

8:58 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #25

Well God knows it will be better than continuing to follow the democrats.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

xenon
Senior Carp
xenon
Senior Carp

9:04 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #26

Larry wrote:Well God knows it will be better than continuing to follow the democrats.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't understand what you're agreeing to.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

9:13 PM - Mar 02, 2018 #27

No, I understand just fine. So I will repeat - What you lefties need to do is accept the fact that your ideas have failed, your ideology has failed, and you're so entrenched into it that you aren't able to see the bigger picture. Then get out of the way and watch and learn.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

1:57 AM - Mar 03, 2018 #28

Doesn’t sound like 4 dimensional chess.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... ls-n852641
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

1:59 AM - Mar 03, 2018 #29

jon-nyc wrote:Doesn’t sound like 4 dimensional chess.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... ls-n852641
Find another source, because if NBC said the sun was shining, I'd look out a window.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:02 AM - Mar 03, 2018 #30

More "unnamed sources"....

Meanwhile, the head honcho over all things West Wing has addressed the claims being made, and in so many words declared it all bull sh!t.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

4:03 AM - Mar 04, 2018 #31

Regardless of what the media and the talking heads say ...

Who here thinks the steel tariff as proposed by Trump is good for the USA as a whole?
Who here thinks it’s bad for the USA as a whole?
Why?

(I am still need some time to sort this through so I don’t haven’t form an opinion yet.)

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

1:18 PM - Mar 04, 2018 #32

Axtremus wrote:Regardless of what the media and the talking heads say ...

Who here thinks the steel tariff as proposed by Trump is good for the USA as a whole?
Who here thinks it’s bad for the USA as a whole?
Why?

(I am still need some time to sort this through so I don’t haven’t form an opinion yet.)
I don't have a problem with a selective tariff, if the tariff is in response to another nation dumping product or an effort to preserve a domestic strategic asset.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

John Galt
Fulla-Carp
John Galt
Fulla-Carp

2:17 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #33

PSA: The ignore function works on the new platform.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

2:44 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #34

Yep and this morning he said the tariffs wouldn't be done if the trade deal was fair.

TDS sure gets in the way of your thinking, doesn't it? If you're smart, watch what politicians do, not what they say.

John Galt
Fulla-Carp
John Galt
Fulla-Carp

2:56 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #35

I posted some quotes from leaders of the GOP who are expressing concern about the possible repercussions of implementing tariffs and I'm suffering from TDS.

Your point about watching what politicians do rather than they say is a reasonable one, but the gratuitous swipe just makes it seem like you are deflecting/avoiding an honest discussion about the merits or deficiencies of the policy.

You are being as myopic as you accuse anyone on the other side of being by seeing everything through the lens of "they hate Trump". Convenient excuse, but it doesn't lead to any productive discussion or possible meeting of the minds.

PSA: The ignore function works on the new platform.

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

3:55 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #36

There's a saying in the sales business.. "You can always come down, but you can't go up."

If you were trying to sell something that you needed to get 100 bucks for, would you price it at 75 bucks with the plan being that if someone shows interest you'll raise the price? Of course not. Would you price it at 100 bucks, knowing the buyer is going to want to negotiate? Of course not. If you've got any sense, you'll price it at 150 bucks and then negotiate from there.

That's all Trump is doing. I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of it - he's done it before, and if he didn't do it that way he'd be as crazy as the people razzing his ass now.

He can't mess up his hand by explaining this to the whining lefties who don't get it without showing his hand. So if you're one of the people pissing and moaning about this, just sit down and get out of the way.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

5:41 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #37

John Galt wrote:I posted some quotes from leaders of the GOP who are expressing concern about the possible repercussions of implementing tariffs and I'm suffering from TDS.

Your point about watching what politicians do rather than they say is a reasonable one, but the gratuitous swipe just makes it seem like you are deflecting/avoiding an honest discussion about the merits or deficiencies of the policy.

You are being as myopic as you accuse anyone on the other side of being by seeing everything through the lens of "they hate Trump". Convenient excuse, but it doesn't lead to any productive discussion or possible meeting of the minds.
I'm not deflecting, I'm saying you are so busy researching to find whatever fits your perception, you aren't paying attention to what is actually going on and how the game is played.

Trump is not stupid. He is volatile. He can be a loose cannon. And with a large portion of the population from those blue counties across the nation literally frothing at the mouth, he still has been fairly effective at moving the country in the direction he wants to go.

I may not be as well spoken or as literate as you, but I was raised in a state where politics is the second favorite spectator sport. We don't take a backseat to Chicago or Illinois...You put your governors in jail, we elect the suckers and tell them to go steal for the state.

Just because we talk slow, don't mean we're stupid.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

8:33 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #38

Question:

Do those calculations about trade deficit include the "digital exports" of the US? By that I mean the services of Google, Facebook etc., which no doubt bring a lot of foreign money into the US. If they aren't included, the whole discussion of trade deficits is a little pointless.

Rainman
Fulla-Carp
Rainman
Fulla-Carp

8:46 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #39

What about the price of that new Mercedes I can't afford? Will it be more unaffordable?

Or if I consider a vehicle made in the U.S., how long before the higher material costs hit the sticker price?

I know me -- I will likely procrastinate, then kick myself when things change for the benefit of somebody, but not for me.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

10:27 PM - Mar 05, 2018 #40

Klaus wrote:Question:

Do those calculations about trade deficit include the "digital exports" of the US? By that I mean the services of Google, Facebook etc., which no doubt bring a lot of foreign money into the US. If they aren't included, the whole discussion of trade deficits is a little pointless.
It's more of a level playing field in the IT biz, isn't it?

I've run Kaspersky and have been pretty satisfied with it. Of course, now the Russians know my underwear size.... :whome: