Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

xenon
Senior Carp
xenon
Senior Carp

September 10th, 2018, 11:11 pm #2

App is good - my main gripe is too much waste space / white space in both the full site / app

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

September 10th, 2018, 11:12 pm #3

I get the amazon award virus almost every time I use it from my mobile devices.    So it has really put a dent in my ability to participate.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

September 10th, 2018, 11:13 pm #4

jon-nyc wrote: I get the amazon award virus almost every time I use it from my mobile devices.    So it has really put a dent in my ability to participate.
Yes. It's amazing that Tapatalk hasn't found a way around this.

By the way, it happens not only from the Tapatalk app, but also if I access TNCR from a web browser on my iPad - never on my desktop.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 10th, 2018, 11:33 pm #5

Itsay ucksays irtyday eengray onkeyday ickdays.

Other than that, it's wondermus...
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 10th, 2018, 11:46 pm #6

I checked #2 "Meh, I'll get used to it," but I'm not sure I will -- or if I do, it won't be a comfortable fit.  It's like Sue said: too cold, and too cluttered with dopey stuff like what time the post was entered and how many times it was edited, etc etc etc.  And the avatars on the cover page.  Just annoying poorly-designed clutter.  Zeta was streamlined in comparison; sensible.  

This probably doesn't belong here, but since I'm thinking of it, it's also an annoyance that you -- I -- can't see the previous posts below the space I'm using to respond.  

Rainman
Fulla-Carp
Rainman
Fulla-Carp

September 10th, 2018, 11:53 pm #7

xenon wrote: App is good - my main gripe is too much waste space / white space in both the full site / app
I agree, too much wasted space.
And I hate the blue color.
And I hate the light blue/grey text of quotes, hard to read. Maybe I'm somewhat colorblind - light blue and light grey are hard to read.
And I hate the "notify me if someone replies" -- I'm not that obsessed, and it's always on unless I click the box before submitting.
It does have a lot of features though, there is that.
Klaus has made it much better than when it was out-of-the-box new.

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

September 10th, 2018, 11:53 pm #8

George K wrote:
jon-nyc wrote: I get the amazon award virus almost every time I use it from my mobile devices.    So it has really put a dent in my ability to participate.
Yes. It's amazing that Tapatalk hasn't found a way around this.

By the way, it happens not only from the Tapatalk app, but also if I access TNCR from a web browser on my iPad - never on my desktop.
I hate it.

I haven't seen the virus thing in the iPad app, but the app is so horrible I hate it too, even more than the windows browser based format

Has anyone tried running Chrome on an iPad with AdBlocker? I thought that might work, but I haven't taken the time to try it yet.

Anyway, I hate tapatalk in general, it's ok with me if we dump it, with or without history

I have been in favor of purging history for a while now.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

September 11th, 2018, 12:09 am #9

Usually people hate change and then realize it’s just fine,   This metaphor blows for all the reasons already stated.  There is no getting used to it, it’s a matter of tolerating it.  Like a chronic infection.

I get that crappy virus all the time.  Goes away for a while when I erase growing history and cookies etc.   right now I am testing incognito mode which for the moment seems to have quieted it.  The stupid virus knocks you out of the app when you delete the page.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 5:53 am #10

Amazon award virus? What is that? You mean it's an actual virus program that gets installed on your phone without you knowing?

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 11:08 am #11

I think it's adware. I was getting it for the last couple years now and then on Zeta too, but only on my iPad/iPhone

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 11:09 am #12

By the way, you can get rid of the notifications.   Go your account > board preferences > edit notifications. Uncheck everything. 
Last edited by Mikhailoh on September 11th, 2018, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 12:29 pm #13

As for my opinion on Tapatalk:

I'm getting a little used to it, and I'm happy there's now at least a semi-decent app to use it on the phone. However, there are various oddities I hate (most recent discovery: you can't list all topics opened by a user). The biggest complaint is that the signal to noise ratio (i.e. percentage of screen estate that contains things I want to see) is much worse than in the old forum.

ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!
ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 12:43 pm #14

#METOO 

I'm still trying to figure out how to set up and log in on the tapatalk app without having to use FB or Google. ... 
The dogma lives loudly within me.

Mark
HOLY CARP!!!
Mark
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 1:20 pm #15

Well, isn't that special. Macs and iOS getting a virus that the PC does not? :lol:

I don't mind TT. I'm already used to it.
___.___
(_]===*
o 0
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 3:00 pm #16

PCMatic. 50 bucks a year for up to 5 devices. Never worry again.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 3:05 pm #17

I get the virus on Safari on my iDevices but not on Chrome on my PC nor on the Tapatalk app on my iDevices.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

sue
HOLY CARP!!!
sue
HOLY CARP!!!

September 11th, 2018, 3:16 pm #18

I chose 'let the mods decide'.  I don't like the platform, all the wasted cold white space is off-putting....but I'll still play if the decision is to stay here. First world problems and all that.

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

September 12th, 2018, 3:11 am #19

jon-nyc wrote:I get the amazon award virus almost every time I use it from my mobile devices.    So it has really put a dent in my ability to participate.
Yes, me too.

I will be mobile only for a few days so I don’t expect to have much activity.

I really hate this platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

September 12th, 2018, 12:49 pm #20

The more I use it, the more I hate it. 

Quoting is unreliable. Posting pics is haphazard as well.

The only thing that I remotely like is the fact that pictures will auto-size most of the time.
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18