Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

August 11th, 2010, 8:04 pm #21

Oh, it's OK ... I welcome peer review and constructive criticism.

Also bumping this for KlavierBauer. :)

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 7:47 pm #22

Wow - that ... is ... awesome.
An entire discussion about a decision matrix.

Look there are only two factors that matter - this was an Astros game (you could tell from the "astros" emblazoned jerseys and the empty stadium), so the couple is presumably from Houston or surrounding area.
The texas woman is fully capable of defending herself in many ways, but she is a cunning species, and will also expect some level of chivalry and respect from her man - such as taking the bullet for her when necessary.
This has nothing to do with any decision the guy made, other than the decision he made a long time ago to be an absolute tool bag.

I hold the door for anyone, just because I got there first. I continue to hold it as people walk through. I do it for one reason only - it allows me to feel morally superior, and talk poorly about all of the people who don't hold doors for me when I walk somewhere. Similarly, I'd try to protect anyone who wasn't paying attention to the game (very prevalent in baseball stadiums) from getting tagged with a fly ball, if for no other reason than to be awesome.
"I realize you want him to touch you all over and give you babies, but his handling of the PR side really did screw the pooch." - Ivory Thumper
"He said sleepily: "Don't worry mom, my dick is like hot logs in the morning." - Apple

Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 8:20 pm #23

Heh.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6766250n

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6766250n
wrote:The foul ball seen 'round the world has apparently led to the couple involved going separate ways.

The young couple got a painful lesson in chivalry - or the lack of it - at a Houston Astros game at Minute Maid Park Monday night.

Sara Saco-Vertiz was struck on the right arm by a foul ball off the bat of Chris Johnson in the fourth inning.

She and then-boyfriend Bo Wyble were sitting in field-level seats down the left-field line. As the ball approached, he hurried out of the way at the last second, and it hit Saco-Veritz.

The incident was caught on tape, and the video's gone viral, having been clicked on more than 350,000 times on YouTube.

On "The Early Show" Thursday, Saco-Veritz indicated the two have called it quits - though she said it isn't only because of what happened at the game.

Asked by co-anchor Harry Smith about their status, Saco-Veritz said, "Alright. Well, I mean it[s not over because of the ball. Um…" "More than we want to know," Smith interjected.

She also said she wasn't badly hurt at all, and revealed she and Wyble weren't even supposed to be in the seats they were in at the time - they'd moved up, she sheepishly admitted.

Saco-Veritz said she'd warned Wyble that the seats they switched to would make it more likely a ball would hit them. Wyble told Smith he then told Saco-Veritz he'd catch it if one came their way. But when it did, Wyble told Smith, he "lost sight of it," so he scampered away, figuring she would, too.

"That's all ya got?!" in the way of an excuse, Smith asked incredulously.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/ ... 6272.shtml

The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 10:29 pm #24

I just want to redirect this thread back to how awesome I am for holding doors open for people.

kkthnx
"I realize you want him to touch you all over and give you babies, but his handling of the PR side really did screw the pooch." - Ivory Thumper
"He said sleepily: "Don't worry mom, my dick is like hot logs in the morning." - Apple

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 10:31 pm #25

KlavierBauer wrote:I just want to redirect this thread back to how awesome I am for holding doors open for people.
Probably no decision matrix involved either, right KB?
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 10:34 pm #26

No - no complicated matrices necessary.
It's science.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 10:37 pm #27

KlavierBauer wrote:No - no complicated matrices necessary.
It's science.
KB gets cross-thread reference award of the day!
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!
KlavierBauer
HOLY CARP!!!

August 12th, 2010, 10:37 pm #28

But with no leet speak?! I feel jipped.