Send in the coonasses...

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 13th, 2018, 1:49 am #1

The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

September 13th, 2018, 1:22 pm #2

Can't beat 'em...Propers.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 13th, 2018, 1:43 pm #3

Last I heard, about a thousand boats on the way...
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 13th, 2018, 2:06 pm #4

These people are true heroes, finest kind, what a strong America is all about.  Bless them.  You're entitled to feel proud.  

So please don't take this the wrong way, it's a function of my own ignorance in these matters, but I'm not quite seeing how the boats are to be used.  The storm is blowing inland from the sea; people are going to be needing to flee inland, yes?  And for those who don't, the Cajun boats would be helpless in Flo's horrific wind conditions.  So what is the plan?  Get there in advance of landfall and row the people out before the storm hits?

Seeing photos of lovely beautiful beach houses surrounded with their little sandbags.  It makes you weep.  

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

September 13th, 2018, 2:36 pm #5

Those who need to be rescued will be in the wet areas, where only a boat or a helicopter can get to them. I suspect helicopters will be in shorts supply and may be hard to operate in the bad weather.  A john boat, on the other hand, can go about anywhere in any kind of weather. Their sheer numbers alone make them far preferable to aircraft.