Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

July 12th, 2018, 7:15 pm #21

It’s too bad Supreme Court appointments are for life. Otherwise he could work there a few years at the upper echelons of power and then pull a comey and cash out at a token position at an investment bank.

Now if we understood just what those banks get in return for hiring these swamp creatures to these ultra lucrative positions, we’d have some real insight into the swamp.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

July 12th, 2018, 7:27 pm #22

I understand it. A rolodex. How many CFOs and CEOs wouldn't take a call from Bob Rubin? (think back to the 1998-2007 timeframe?)

That's really all it is.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

July 12th, 2018, 7:51 pm #23

I doubt they hire them just for their luxury watches. I'm sure they can afford their own. Plus Rolodex doesn't make digital watches which can store contacts; you're probably thinking of Timex. Anyway, I get your broader point that they're purchasing social contacts. Though that doesn't quite explain how those calls that are taken, are so valuable.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

July 12th, 2018, 7:59 pm #24

You're the CEO of widget manufacturer X and you need to do some M&A. Or you're the finance minister of Thirdworldistan who needs to refinance some debt. Goldman sends a really sharp senior banker to do the pitch, Citi send Bob Rubin. Whomever you hire will be coming back several times through the process, glad-handing and taking you to dinner.

You want to tell all your friends about your dinners with the Goldman banker, impressive as he might be, or Bob Rubin?

In case you feel contrarian today, what would the average human primate do?
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

July 12th, 2018, 8:48 pm #25

I see. They're hired as salesmen. Yes that makes sense.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

July 12th, 2018, 9:07 pm #26

jon-nyc wrote:You're the CEO of widget manufacturer X and you need to do some M&A. Or you're the finance minister of Thirdworldistan who needs to refinance some debt. Goldman sends a really sharp senior banker to do the pitch, Citi send Bob Rubin. Whomever you hire will be coming back several times through the process, glad-handing and taking you to dinner.

You want to tell all your friends about your dinners with the Goldman banker, impressive as he might be, or Bob Rubin?

In case you feel contrarian today, what would the average human primate do?
Go with the one who brings you the best women.