Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

12:31 PM - Jun 10, 2018 #21

jon-nyc wrote:That’s great. I put it down almost completely for about 7 years. Shortly after the boy was born. I really only picked it up again early last year.
Yeah, I did similarly for different reasons. Im interviewing teachers now.

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

8:30 PM - Jun 10, 2018 #22

Horace wrote:It was fun. My wife loved his little dog which was running around the place. He takes pianos very seriously. Best selection of pianos I've ever seen. My favorite within my price range was a new Schulze-Pollmann 126 (50") for 14k. The list is 26k from what I've seen on the internet.
Pardon, it's an Academy 125 rather than a Masterpiece 126. Not sure what the difference is.
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

9:08 PM - Jun 10, 2018 #23

The walls have ears.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

9:32 PM - Jun 10, 2018 #24

Davis wrote:The walls have ears.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

10:41 PM - Jun 10, 2018 #25

Are/were you in the piano biz too, Davis?
As a good person, I implore you to do as I, a good person, do. Be good. Do NOT be bad. If you see bad, end bad. End it in yourself, and end it in others. By any means necessary, the good must conquer the bad. Good people know this. Do you know this? Are you good?

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

11:28 PM - Jun 10, 2018 #26

Horace wrote:
Are/were you in the piano biz too, Davis?
Not at all. Never have.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

3:13 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #27

The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

3:20 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #28

I don't even want to know what the Bosendorfer upright is going for these days.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

3:20 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #29

"Buuzzendorfer". When I was at Kassman's place he pronounced all the makers differently than I thought they were pronounced. Sauter was "Zauter". Bechstein was Bechshtine.

Anyway, from everything I've learned, Bosendorfers are complete junk, especially their grands. Significantly inferior to Schulze Pollmann uprights.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

3:23 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #30

In all seriousness...I drove 5 hours to see this piano:

http://www.cunninghampiano.com/cunningh ... grand-510/

Ultimately, we did not buy one. The wife simply found it a little too heavy for her and tone-wise, just a bit dark. But...It does represent some of the best of what can be done with a Chinese piano, when you team up with a good maker (Hailun), use a custom scale, plate and hammers, then go through the thing sideways once you get it over here. The thickness of rim and cast plate, plus the quality of the woodwork are good at this pricepoint. The piano punches above its weight.

If you were on the East Coast rather than the West, I'd tell you to drop by and try one of these. No, they are not a Bosie, but they are very good for what they are.

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

3:24 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #31

You're not being good, Horace!
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

3:24 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #32

Horace wrote:"Buuzzendorfer". When I was at Kassman's place he pronounced all the makers differently than I thought they were pronounced. Sauter was "Zauter". Bechstein was Bechshtine.

Anyway, from everything I've learned, Bosendorfers are complete junk, especially their grands. Significantly inferior to Schulze Pollmann uprights.
Are his SP's Italian or Chinese?

Horace
HOLY CARP!!!
Horace
HOLY CARP!!!

3:27 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #33

Italian, if one can take a seller's word for these things. I think maybe their studio uprights are partially made in China.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

3:31 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #34

Horace wrote:Italian, if one can take a seller's word for these things. I think maybe their studio uprights are partially made in China.
They've always been known for top notch cabinet work.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

3:33 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #35

I'd do some more looking and comparison shopping, just to get a better feel.

Since you are out on the Left Coast, would one of these be interesting?

http://www.fandrich.com/index.php?&loca ... &index=115

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

3:37 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #36

Horace wrote:"Buuzzendorfer". When I was at Kassman's place he pronounced all the makers differently than I thought they were pronounced. Sauter was "Zauter". Bechstein was Bechshtine.

When I hear a piano salesman pronouncing those names like that I know right away that I'm in a dealership full on pretentious pricks. And DAMN do I hate pretentious pricks.

When I hear a piano salesman trash talk the brands the doesn't sell and then make stupid comments like "Bosendorfer is inferior to Schulze Pollmann", I know I'm dealing with an unprofessional sales weasel who will say anything to get your money, anything except the truth, that is.

My advice: don't do business with such a slimeball.

It's dealers like that that made me come to despise the piano business.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

3:46 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #37

+1. What a ridiculous statement.

Mee? Still partial to Bechsteins. Beautiful, romantic sound. built more for the home than the concert hall.

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

3:52 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #38

Larry wrote:stupid comments like "Bosendorfer is inferior to Schulze Pollmann", I know I'm dealing with an unprofessional sales weasel
I think you are dealing with Horace's sense of humor.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

3:56 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #39

Schulze Pollmann uprights are built in China, then shipped to Italy where the cabinets are added. Their grands are built in italy.

I was a dealer for that brand when the uprights were entirely Italian made. The were well built, the materials used were top notch. They were very good pianos. But to compare them to a Bosendorfer or a Bechstein would have been like comparing a Toyota to a Bentley. The Chinese built ones are probably just like any other Chinese piano, only with prettier cabinetry.

To get rid of a Bohemia and replace it with a Schulze Pollmann... the idea of that makes me want to cry. Any salesman who would try to talk you into that ought to be taken around behind the store and get his ass kicked up through his mouth.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

4:00 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #40

Mikhailoh wrote:+1. What a ridiculous statement.

Mee? Still partial to Bechsteins. Beautiful, romantic sound. built more for the home than the concert hall.
Are you referring to their uprights? Because when referring to grands, Bechstein is the preimminent concert piano, Bosendorfer is better for chamber music or smaller rooms.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe