Off to Sin City

Nobody's Sock
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 3:28 pm #1

Heading out to Vegas for a weekend of baseball. Big nationwide tournament. 6 hour drive from my place. Not much time to sin though.

Will keep posting when I can, someone has to keep Larry on his toes. :lol2:

:cheers:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 4:10 pm #2

Nobody's Sock wrote:Heading out to Vegas for a weekend of baseball. Big nationwide tournament. 6 hour drive from my place. Not much time to sin though.

Take a hard look at how money is spent there and how freely it is dropped for nothing all day long. Seems like it would not jive with your sensibilities, but we are all craft a narrative we can enjoy. :lol2: Your sanctimony must go on ice at will. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 4:36 pm #3

Nobody goes there anymore.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 4:42 pm #4

Copper wrote:Nobody goes there anymore.
:uparrow:

(insert Yogi Berra Quote here)
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 4:51 pm #5

George K wrote:
Copper wrote:Nobody goes there anymore.
:uparrow:

(insert Yogi Berra Quote here)
The place is jumpin. Why, government regs are irrelevant, it’s a holiday from the social construct we’ve created. Don’t kid your self and the more pain and rules we inflict the more powerful Vegas becomes.

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 4:54 pm #6

Sock...make sure you go to Oscar’s and get th t-shirt, “beer, beef and broads”. Wear it around the home town. :lol2:

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 5:06 pm #7

Driving six hours to play with balls?

Nah....
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Nobody's Sock
Fulla-Carp

March 9th, 2018, 10:57 pm #8

Davis wrote:
Nobody's Sock wrote:Heading out to Vegas for a weekend of baseball. Big nationwide tournament. 6 hour drive from my place. Not much time to sin though.

Take a hard look at how money is spent there and how freely it is dropped for nothing all day long. Seems like it would not jive with your sensibilities, but we are all craft a narrative we can enjoy. :lol2: Your sanctimony must go on ice at will. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Jesus christ! I'm just playing baseball. Fyi, I detest this town. I don't gamble nor will i stay in a hotel that charges resort fees. The greed here is the worst and yes, it's kinda disgusting watching people throw their hard earned money like it was monopoly money. I do like the food options here though. Heading to a seafood buffet right now. Love me some crab legs.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

March 9th, 2018, 11:52 pm #9

I really need to take a look. Last time I was there was in 1976.

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 10th, 2018, 12:12 am #10

Mikhailoh wrote:I really need to take a look. Last time I was there was in 1976.
Go anytime October to March, stay at the Wynn for the nicest experience. Do a show a night. Eat at any of a million places. The party set does starting Thursday and bails out Sunday, big migration from Los Angeles especially. You’d like mid week the most.

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

March 10th, 2018, 1:34 am #11

Nobody's Sock wrote:
Davis wrote:

Jesus christ! I'm just playing baseball. Fyi, I detest this town. I don't gamble nor will i stay in a hotel that charges resort fees. The greed here is the worst and yes, it's kinda disgusting watching people throw their hard earned money like it was monopoly money. I do like the food options here though. Heading to a seafood buffet right now. Love me some crab legs.
Vegas: come for the gambling, do no gambling, stay for the buffets and the baseball. :lol: :thumb:

What position?
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 10th, 2018, 1:46 am #12

You can still try and do Vegas on the cheap but you will know you are flying the middle seat in the back of a plane. Vegas has figured out people will drop cold hard cash and doesn’t need loss leaders anymore.

Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 10th, 2018, 6:36 am #13

Visited Las Vegas recently. Don’t find the food all that impressive, but certainly expensive, very expensive when adjusted for quality.

And the taxis ... it seems all of them charge an extra $3 “voucher fee” if you pay by credit card. I don’t see any good justification for that extra $3 surcharge just for using a credit card. :shrug:

bachophile
HOLY CARP!!!
bachophile
HOLY CARP!!!

March 10th, 2018, 6:58 am #14

Nobody's Sock wrote:
Davis wrote:

Interesting that a land locked arid desert town could attract people with sea food.

"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

March 10th, 2018, 10:19 am #15

Mikhailoh wrote:I really need to take a look. Last time I was there was in 1976.
You’d probably enjoy it even if you don’t like to gamble. The restaurant scene is now fantastic, and the shows can be pretty cool.

Ain’t cheap, though.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

March 10th, 2018, 10:49 am #16

Too bad. I went with my father on a junket. They flew us out, put us up, fed us, all the drinks we wanted, the best food and wine, any show in town we wanted to go to comped. You just had to run a certain amount of money through the tables. Dad knew how to do that and lose much less than the vacation should cost.

Nobody's Sock
Fulla-Carp

March 10th, 2018, 3:15 pm #17

Aqua Letifer wrote:
Nobody's Sock wrote:
Davis wrote:

Vegas: come for the gambling, do no gambling, stay for the buffets and the baseball. :lol: :thumb:

What position?
1st base. And pitcher. I'm a lefty. But u all knew that already. Lol!

Nobody's Sock
Fulla-Carp

March 10th, 2018, 3:17 pm #18

bachophile wrote:
Nobody's Sock wrote:
Davis wrote:

Interesting that a land locked arid desert town could attract people with sea food.
Ain't 'Merica great? I am still stuffed this morning. Crab legs and oysters are rumbling in my belly. 8:45am first game! Yee haw!

Friday
Fulla-Carp
Friday
Fulla-Carp

March 10th, 2018, 5:40 pm #19

Good luck!

brenda
HOLY CARP!!!
brenda
HOLY CARP!!!

March 10th, 2018, 7:51 pm #20

Yes, good luck, NS!
?Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.?
~A.A. Milne