Neeed PC help -- Wibu Systems Shell Extension error?

ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!
ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 6:37 am #1

In Windows Explorer if I try to make a new folder, I get a system error:

WIBU Systems Shell Extension
WibuShellExt64 fatal error - undocumented/internal (0)

after closing that window I get

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Programs: (this is blank, no programs listed)

I have not found much online about Wibu errors.

I went to msconfig > general > selective startup > unchecked "load start up items"
and > Services > "Hide all Microsoft Services" > disable all

Rolled back to a check point a few days ago when there was no problem.

Restarted in Safemode

Scanned with malbyteware (no problems)

Scanned with ARO 2011 fixed some errors, but didn't solve the issue.

Restarted -- same problem

Any ideas????

The dogma lives loudly within me.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 12:40 pm #2

Well, do you have any software from Wibu systems installed? If yes, then deinstalling it will probably fix the error. Note that the Wibu software may be a part of some bigger software component.

ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!
ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 6:36 pm #3

Klaus wrote:Well, do you have any software from Wibu systems installed? If yes, then deinstalling it will probably fix the error. Note that the Wibu software may be a part of some bigger software component.
Yes, there is a whole Wibu section that seems resident in Windows7 -- though I have no idea what it does. The Registry also has a massive area in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

Must be some kind of software conflict since it doesn't happen when I clean boot with all the nonessentials turned off.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 6:44 pm #4

Might have a corrupted file in some new add-in.

I just picked up a 'Win 7 Home Security 2012' virus yesterday that i now have to clean. Thanks, Titanium. Thanks a lot.

JBryan
HOLY CARP!!!
JBryan
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 7:56 pm #5

Mikhailoh wrote:I just picked up a 'Win 7 Home Security 2012' virus yesterday that i now have to clean. Thanks, Titanium. Thanks a lot.
I got the XP version of that this morning. Claimed to be scanning my system (took all of 10 seconds) and found several viruses that I needed to update Windows XP Security 2012 to fix. Of course, I did not fall for that but in the proces of opening it had shut down all my browsers, my anti-virus (ESET) and Wndows Firewall. I rebooted the machine and ESET found the crittter in memory and eliminated it but I could not open any program and ESET and the firewall would not start up. I had to roll back to a restore point. PITA really.
"Any man who would make an X rated movie should be forced to take his daughter to see it". - John Wayne

There is a line we cross when we go from "I will believe it when I see it" to "I will see it when I believe it".

Henry II: I marvel at you after all these years. Still like a democratic drawbridge: going down for everybody.

Eleanor: At my age there's not much traffic anymore.

From The Lion in Winter.

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 8:02 pm #6

Y'all know I'm selling a Mac, right?
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!
ivorythumper
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 8:19 pm #7

JBryan wrote:
Mikhailoh wrote:I just picked up a 'Win 7 Home Security 2012' virus yesterday that i now have to clean. Thanks, Titanium. Thanks a lot.
I got the XP version of that this morning. Claimed to be scanning my system (took all of 10 seconds) and found several viruses that I needed to update Windows XP Security 2012 to fix. Of course, I did not fall for that but in the proces of opening it had shut down all my browsers, my anti-virus (ESET) and Wndows Firewall. I rebooted the machine and ESET found the crittter in memory and eliminated it but I could not open any program and ESET and the firewall would not start up. I had to roll back to a restore point. PITA really.
Same thing happened to me last week. Horsewhipping in public should be restored as an appropriate punishment.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 9:05 pm #8

jon-nyc wrote:Y'all know I'm selling a Mac, right?
Still got all that good data on the drive, right?
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

December 31st, 2011, 10:28 pm #9

I just had it replaced with a new 2T drive.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.