It's time to help one of our own.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:06 am #1

As some of you already know, an unimaginable tragedy has happened to one of our own.

Peggy, who you all know as Justme, moved to the Northport, Florida a couple of years ago to be near her family and grandchildren. As you may have seen on the national news, her daughter-in-law.. her grandchildren’s mother .. Denise Amber Lee was kidnapped from her home and murdered Thursday. You can read more about the family, the crime and her fight to stay alive at this link and the various links on the bottom of that page.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... /624076310

Peggy has been around these forums since day one. She has always been respected. As a former piano dealer she has been a source of information and wisdom for piano shoppers, and always a voice for compassion for everyone here. In all these years we have never, ever seen anyone who did not like her.

This is the stuff that happens to other people - not people we know. But it did. Noah, 2, and Adam, 6 months, are left without their mother and Peggy’s son, Nathan without his wife. They will not remember their mother - a sadder circumstance we cannot imagine.

These kids and Nathan are going to need a lot of help in the coming days and years. We have an opportunity here to help take care of our own. We are starting a fund to both help this family with today’s expenses and hopefully also an education fund for the boys. This will include at least Piano World, The New Coffee Room, the Well Tempered Forum and Piano Facts.

We will work on the legalities of the fund tomorrow with the attorneys who are members of the various fora and Peggy’s close friends, in order to assure proper collection, handling and distribution of all funds. Details will be available.

What we ask of you now is not to send a check yet, but to PM your pledge amount to jodi, who is present by that name in all the forums, and to post that you have pledged in this thread.

You need not include the amount in this thread and no list of who gave how much will ever be published. We are asking for this pledge in advance of the check so that we can figure out the appropriate vehicle for the collection of funds. We want you to post a quick response in this thread once you've PM’ed Jodi so that we can gauge how close we are to hearing from everyone who's expressed an interest to help out - again the idea is for us to know approximately how much we'll collect beforehand so we can set up the collection facility accordingly. We will post details of where to actually send checks in the coming days.

Our sincere hope is that we can collect enough to help the boys today and in the future, to ease the burden on their father today, and to take advantage of the power of time to help with their education in the coming years.

We ask that you help with what you can, however big or small. The online piano community has an amazing diversity in people’s location, age and circumstance, so every donation is a godsend, one you should be proud of. We cannot bring Denise back to her children - but with hundreds, maybe thousands, of current active posters and readers we can work a miracle where one is surely needed today.

Sincerely,

Mikhailoh
Jon NYC
George K
Larry
Jack Frost
Jodi
et al

(We would love but for space and time to list ALL of you... everyone who has expressed their support, prayers and compassion. Despite our disagreements on here, we ARE a community, and we would challenge you to find one better.)

Updated by 89th: Here are the links/info found below, but I thought I should put them here for easier access:

How to PM jodi:

Just follow the link in any of these forum profiles:

TNCR: http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_New_Cof ... howuser=69
WTF: http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/e ... 3060035433
PW: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/u ... le/11.html
PF: http://www.armleg.com/forum/profile.php ... =pianosinc
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:10 am #2

I've pledged - Jodi check your PM.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:10 am #3

I'm in as well. Jodi, start the calculators!
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:12 am #4

George K wrote: I'm in as well. Jodi, start the calculators!
Hopefully her calculator will get a stack overflow...

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:13 am #5

I'm in too.

DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!
DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:13 am #6

done

Jack Frost
Bull-Carp

January 20th, 2008, 3:14 am #7

Jack and kathyk are pledged.

jf
wrote:Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

CTPianotech
Fulla-Carp

January 20th, 2008, 3:20 am #8

PM sent

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:23 am #9

Making it easy to PM her...

Here's the link to her profile:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_New_Cof ... howuser=69

Theres a link there to send a PM.

DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!
DivaDeb
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:26 am #10

Jon, since Jodi's having dinner guests this evening and the PM boxes aren't unlimited in space, maybe post a link to her PM box in Piano Facts, WTF and PW as well...just in case somebody gets the "full" message?

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:28 am #11

also as a reminder PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply here once you pledged to jodi - we really need to gauge when the pledges are more or less in so we can start figuring out the proper collection vehicle...

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:34 am #12

DivaDeb wrote: Jon, since Jodi's having dinner guests this evening and the PM boxes aren't unlimited in space, maybe post a link to her PM box in Piano Facts, WTF and PW as well...just in case somebody gets the "full" message?
Great idea:

THis is her WTF profile:

http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/e ... 3060035433

THis is her PW profile:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/u ... le/11.html

and this is her PF profile:

http://www.armleg.com/forum/profile.php ... =pianosinc

Pianolicious
Senior Carp

January 20th, 2008, 3:38 am #13

I pledged and PM'd Jodi at WTF.
Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona!!! -- Dr. Spock

BeeLady
Middle Aged Carp
BeeLady
Middle Aged Carp

January 20th, 2008, 3:40 am #14

Done
"My wheel shall sing responsive to my tread,
And I will spin so fine, so strong a thread
Fate shall not cut it, nor Time's forces break"
"Distaff and Spindle: Sonnets by Mary Ashley Townsend" 1895

Dewey
HOLY CARP!!!
Dewey
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:40 am #15

Pledge sent.
"By nature, i prefer brevity." - John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, p. 685.

"Never waste your time trying to explain yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you." - Anonymous

"Oh sure, every once in a while a turd floated by, but other than that it was just fine." - Joe A., 2011

I'll answer your other comments later, but my primary priority for the rest of the evening is to get drunk." - Klaus, 12/31/14

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 3:49 am #16

NOTE TO OUR CANUCK NORTHERN NEIGHBORS.

and anyone pledging EUR or GBP...

Please PM your pledge to Jodi in CAD, GBP, or EUR. AND POST HERE, mentioning that your pledge was in non-USD currency. Once we have all the pledges, I will work with all of you to get the money here efficiently.

John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!
John D'Oh
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 4:00 am #17

Done.
What do you mean "we", have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Jane D'Oh
Fulla-Carp
Jane D'Oh
Fulla-Carp

January 20th, 2008, 4:01 am #18

John PM'd for us. Edit: Sorry, his post didn't show for me.
Pfft.

taiwan_girl
Fulla-Carp

January 20th, 2008, 4:04 am #19

I have also sent a PM to Jodi.

The 89th Key
HOLY CARP!!!
The 89th Key
HOLY CARP!!!

January 20th, 2008, 4:05 am #20

I've pledged.