HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 4:25 am #21

Axtremus wrote:
Larry wrote:They believe that rev. Moon is Christ.[
They believe “Rev. Moon met Jesus Christ,” not “Rev. Moon is Jesus Christ.”
Sorry, but you are uninformed.

Moon claimed to be the Messiah, Jesus's brother, sent to finish the messianic work that Jesus failed to accomplish.

Jesus doesn't have a brother. The bible says he was the only begotten son.
Jesus finished his messianic work.

Every cult out there attempts to legitimize it's existence by doing two things:
1. Claim association with an established religion
2. Redefine scripture to claim their leader is the real leader of that established religion.

The unification church is a cult. There is nothing Christian about the religion.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 4:38 am #22

Larry wrote:
Axtremus wrote:
Sorry, but you are uninformed.

Moon claimed to be the Messiah, Jesus's brother, sent to finish the messianic work that Jesus failed to accomplish.
Nope, you are wrong in that Moon never claims to be Jesus Christ's brother.

And note you have just contradicted yourself ... earlier you said the Moonies believe that "Rev. Moon is Jesus," now you're saying "Rev. Moon is Jesus' brother."

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 4:40 am #23

What the hell would you know about any of this anyway..

No, I'm NOT wrong, you pinhead. Google it instead of sitting there being stupid.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 4:46 am #24

And I didn't contradict myself. Moon's story changed over time, specifically when his cult tried to get established in the US and people weren't stupid enough to buy his "I am jesus" claim. He then claimed to be the Messiah, and most people didn't fall for that either, because saying you're the Messiah is the same as saying you're Jesus. So he changed it again, claiming to be Jesus's brother, come to finish the job of messiah.

Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Riley
HOLY CARP!!!
Riley
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 9:03 am #25

How can this be a cult, if Mormonism is not?

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 12:33 pm #26

Axtremus wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unificati ... ted_States
wrote:The Unification Church of the United States was met with widespread criticism beginning in the early 1970s. The main points of criticism were the church's unorthodox theology, especially the belief that Moon is the second coming of Christ;
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 12:33 pm #27

Riley wrote:How can this be a cult, if Mormonism is not?
I have to go make more popcorn...

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 12:36 pm #28

Larry wrote:Jesus doesn't have a brother. The bible says he was the only begotten son.
There are several accounts of gospels (not part of the canon) which indicate that Jesus did, in fact, have at least one brother.

My impression was that "begotten" meant his father was, well, God the Father. That doesn't mean that Jospeh and Mary didn't have other children, does it?

Of course, I'm commenting way over my knowledge here...

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 12:58 pm #29

When I say Jesus didn't have a brother, I mean in the sense that Jesus was God's Son. God didn't have any other "sons". Jesus DID have brothers who were sons of Joseph, but Jesus was not Joseph's son.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 1:06 pm #30

Axtremus wrote:
Larry wrote:... this isn't a Christian church, or Jewish either for that matter. It's the Moonies.
In their own minds, they are a Christian Church.

http://sanctuary-pa.org/
wrote:Our pastor, Rev. Hyung Jin Moon, and his wife Rev. Yeon Ah Lee Moon, are the appointed heir/successor couple carrying on the providential work of his father, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose encounter with Jesus at age 15 led to his six decade worldwide ministry to fulfill Christ's mission, based on his Biblically based teachings, the Divine Principle.
If you knew your Bible, you would know that is impossible.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 1:07 pm #31

Mormonism is a cult.

Read your Bible.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 1:11 pm #32

Larry wrote:When I say Jesus didn't have a brother, I mean in the sense that Jesus was God's Son. God didn't have any other "sons". Jesus DID have brothers who were sons of Joseph, but Jesus was not Joseph's son.
That's basically what I was saying.

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 1:25 pm #33

Mormonism is a cult also. Now it's true that the religion has sort of "settled in" so to speak and shed most of it's cult heritage, but mormonism is most definitely NOT a Christian religion. Neither is the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Both fail the most fundamental of tests to be a Christian denomination:
1. Neither of them believe that Jesus was God incarnate (in flesh).
2. both of them have their own "bibles" that replace the bible of Christianity.

Mormons believe that all males who follow Mormonism faithfully (and not the bible, but what's taught in the Book of Mormon)that after their deaths they will go to the planet Kolob to sit before the Council of Gods (Christianity believes in one God, not a council of them) where they will be judged, and if found worthy, will be assigned their own planet to be the God of. In other words, if you're a good mormon you will become God too. Mormon males marry lots and lots of women during their earthly life, but in "spirit marriages" only. Once they are assigned their own planet to be the God of, they call out the names of all these women they married in "celestial marriage ceremonies" while they were on earth, and these womens' souls are then released from the grave to go to be with him, where he will spend eternity having sex with all of them, creating "spiritual babies" who will become the souls of the human babies that get born on the planet he is God of. That probably sounds as goofy as hell, but that's because it IS goofy as hell. And it is NOT Christian. So no matter how good a life individual mormons live, they have been deceived.
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 1:26 pm #34

George K wrote:
Larry wrote:When I say Jesus didn't have a brother, I mean in the sense that Jesus was God's Son. God didn't have any other "sons". Jesus DID have brothers who were sons of Joseph, but Jesus was not Joseph's son.
That's basically what I was saying.
I know. I just wanted to clarify what I meant when I said Jesus didn't have a "Brother".
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

March 4th, 2018, 5:08 pm #35

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

taiwan_girl
Fulla-Carp

March 13th, 2018, 7:10 pm #36

What is the difference between a cult and a religion? I know that most people think that cults are kind of crazy people who believe things that in the minority. (And for honesty, a lot of cults are pretty crazy). But, most religions when they started out had some "crazy" ideas that were in the minority.

But, if someone like Jesus or MOhammed were to appear right now, everybody would say they were a cult, even if they were a true person.

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 7:30 pm #37

If you are going to start a religion you should be prepared for some people to be skeptical.

As you may know there were some people who nailed Jesus before the Vatican City was even built.

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 7:42 pm #38

George K wrote: especially the belief that Moon is the second coming of Christ
Yes, second comings are always difficult. The older I am the more difficult it gets.
Bösendorfer is the mullet of the piano world