George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

September 13th, 2018, 9:13 pm #21

Who, among our "family," will be affected by Flo? 

Cats, you're too far West, right?

Folks in the DC area are too far North?

Improv???
A guide to GKSR: Click

"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

"There are 57 different genders, but politics is binary."
- David Burge, 7/29/18

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 13th, 2018, 9:22 pm #22

I'm somewhat too far west, but mostly I'm too far north.  Improv is south of me, I don't know how far.  I know he maintains a boat.  The 5P update map shows southeast Virginia being whipped pretty good right now.  He might've evacuated.  

LsD will get pretty wet.  

Rainman
Fulla-Carp
Rainman
Fulla-Carp

September 13th, 2018, 9:41 pm #23

Peak Lab Rescue, the largest foster-based dog rescue in NC, has been fervently removing dogs facing euthanasia in eastern NC shelters ahead of Hurricane Florence.
WHAT ABOUT THE KITTIES??

Racists

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 14th, 2018, 12:32 am #24

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-florence-category-2-path-tracking-latest-weather-forecast-north-carolina-2018-09-13-live-updat
  • As of 8 p.m. ET, the storm is centered about 85 miles east-southeast of Wilmington, North Carolina, and about 145 miles east of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, moving northwest at 5 mph with maximum sustained winds of 100 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC)
  • Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 80 miles from Florence's center, and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 195 miles, NHC says.

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 14th, 2018, 5:04 am #25

As of 00:03:
  • Hurricane Florence has weakened to a Category 1 storm
  • Little change in strength expected before it moves inland on Friday, according to the US national hurricane center 
  • Florence is about 60 miles (95 km) east-southeast of Wilmington, North Carolina with maximum sustained winds of 90 mph (150 kph) 
  • More significant weakening was expected over the weekendand into early next week while Florence moves inland 
  • Despite the slowing of the storm, life-threatening storm surges and hurricane-force winds are occurring along the North Carolina coast, with the threat of freshwater flooding seen increasing over the next several days
  • The National Weather Service said that between 20 and 40 inches of rainfall was predicted to fall in some areas, and warned that they “cannot overstate the threat of catastrophic flooding this storm will bring”
  • The number of people affected by power outages in North Carolina has increased to more than 102,000, according to Emergency Management North Carolina.
The FEMA site still showing officials talking about Flo's approach as a Category 4 storm.  :lol2:  Way to keep abreast with developments, FEMA.  It's good how y'all are so on the ball as usual.
On another news site, they've got this poor schmuck reporting outside in his little hoodie, clutching his mike with one hand and his other arm wrapped in a deathgrip around a big thick pole to keep from being blown away, trees bending double in the background.  Srsly?  We need to see this to be convinced?  I hope he's getting hardship pay.  

*I don't know what time 00:03 is.  Is that 12:00 or 1:00 in English?  In my day, midnight was 2400 and 0003 was 1:03AM.  Copper?  Anyway, the above report brought to you as of 00:03.  
Last edited by Catseye3 on September 14th, 2018, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 14th, 2018, 5:42 am #26

Still thinking about the schmuck.  If it's like it was when I had TV, the studio guy is being very laid back while the outside guy is, well, outside.

This was FoxNews.

STUDIO GUY:  So, Brad, what's it like out there?

OUTSIDE GUY, barely audible over the ferocious winds:  Well, Steve, it's -- WHOA!  Almost got me that time!  Pretty windy, Steve, can I come in now?

STUDIO GUY:  Not yet.  Tell the viewers about the surge.  Looks pretty tall from here.  (In my nice dry studio, he does not add.)

OUTSIDE GUY:  Well, Steve, it's like -- YOW!!!  HELP!!!  These are some serious waves out here, Steve.  It's like the President said, it's pretty wet, ha-ha.

STUDIO GUY:  Tremendously, Brad.  I think the President said 'tremendously'.  

OUTSIDE GUY:  He wasn't wrong.  OH GOD!!!  GET ME OUTTA THIS!!!  PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU!!!

(Snow screen.)

STUDIO GUY:  Brad?  Guy?  Come back, Brad.  (Mildly concerned.)  Hunh.  Okay, stay tuned, we'll be right back.  

(Offstage, microphone still hot, unbeknownst to Steve.)  We lost the kid.  Get Carson suited up, he's gotta go out.  Give him a rope or something.  

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 10:37 am #27

They always do the dude or dudette in the storm bit. It's exciting tv...
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 10:40 am #28

BIL texted me he finally got home at 1am this morning. For a flight that was leaving Philly yesterday morning at 10am, I guess that's not too bad.😄
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 11:09 am #29

I am flying from Boston to DC on Monday. It looks like the remains of the storm could mess with the flight. I will see some big clouds and maybe some wind, much diminished by Monday.
The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 12:16 pm #30

It looks like Florence will be mostly just some wind and rain by the time it reaches here. But we found out yesterday that there's a Super typhoon heading across the Philippines and then on to China, that is 4 times the size of Florence, with a sustained wind speed of 180 miles per hour. Here is a picture comparing the two in size:

It's a category 5, but it is too far north of family and property to be any danger to my wife's family or our house there. But the area it does hit will be devastated. 
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 4:11 pm #31

Larry wrote: It looks like Florence will be mostly just some wind and rain by the time it reaches here. But we found out yesterday that there's a Super typhoon heading across the Philippines and then on to China, that is 4 times the size of Florence, with a sustained wind speed of 180 miles per hour. Here is a picture comparing the two in size:

It's a category 5, but it is too far north of family and property to be any danger to my wife's family or our house there. But the area it does hit will be devastated. 
That's a daisy. Look at that eye.

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 14th, 2018, 6:02 pm #32

"As of the 1 p.m. advisory from the hurricane center, Florence is weakening as it moves inland over extreme southeastern North Carolina. Torrential rains will continue.
Its maximum sustained winds are 80 mph — down since it made landfall as a strong Category 1 storm near Wrightsville Beach, N.C., which is a few miles east of Wilmington and not far from the South Carolina state line, at 7:15 a.m.
Florence is moving west at 6 mph.

The storm already has left more than 500,000 homes and businesses without power."

There's a photo of a park submerged in floodwater almost up to the Caution sawhorses in Union Point Park Complex and up to the bottom of a sign that says, "Park Closed Due to Storm, No Tresspassing."  

Ya think?  :lol2: 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather ... story.html#

How about swim practice?  

Improviso
HOLY CARP!!!
Improviso
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm #33

George K wrote: Who, among our "family," will be affected by Flo? 

Improv???
I got a little clean-up to do....
Identifying narcissists isn't difficult. Just look for the person who is constantly fishing for compliments
and admiration while breaking down over even the slightest bit of criticism.

We have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 9:14 pm #34

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 11:05 pm #35

Catseye3 wrote: Still thinking about the schmuck.  If it's like it was when I had TV, the studio guy is being very laid back while the outside guy is, well, outside.

This was FoxNews The Weather Channel.
This is how fake news happens:

The reporter for the Weather Channel is having a hard time standing. He is bracing himself with his back to the wind and is still being rocked by the hurricane force winds. Meanwhile two men in the background are causually walking arounding checking theri phones. Added drama for more excited viewing?

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Catseye3
Fulla-Carp
Catseye3
Fulla-Carp

September 14th, 2018, 11:08 pm #36

Yeah, that's bogue.  The Weather Channel guy wasn't even doing it that well.  

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

September 14th, 2018, 11:22 pm #37

Catseye3 wrote: Yeah, that's bogue.  The Weather Channel guy wasn't even doing it that well.  
Remember that reporter in a boat talking about the horrible flooding, and then there were two guys walking by in boots?

- Mik, 6/14/08

- David Burge, 7/29/18

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

September 15th, 2018, 11:37 am #38

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

September 15th, 2018, 12:00 pm #39

Improv???
LW is in Charlotte.  I emailed with my contacts in Pinehurst yesterday. All ok, but drenched with power outages. 

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

September 15th, 2018, 12:04 pm #40

Mikhailoh wrote:

Improv???
LW is in Charlotte.  I emailed with my contacts in Pinehurst yesterday. All ok, but drenched with power outages. 
Well, as a newlywed, maybe they'll figure out some way to pass the time.

Bourre', maybe?