George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

10:26 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #921

Davis wrote: I’ll bet Michael Avenatti really thought he was going to be the difference maker. 
According to Sen. Collins, he was. 
"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

A guide to GKSR: Click

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!

10:35 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #922

So, what happens next? Does anybody really think this is over? Or that the general mood and ugliness isn't going to get worse? This confirmation solves nothing and the chasm has widened.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

10:37 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #923

Luke's Dad wrote: So, what happens next? Does anybody really think this is over? Or that the general mood and ugliness isn't going to get worse? This confirmation solves nothing and the chasm has widened.
Yes. If the Democrats take the House in November, look for an impeachment. The rancor will only get worse then. If anyone thinks that Schumer, Feinstein, et al will walk away, tail tucked between hind legs, well, I'll have some of what they're smoking.
- Mik, 6/14/08

Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!

10:47 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #924

Let me blunt. I don't particularly care for Kavanaugh. He is likely a fine person, but back in HS, I likely would have thought he was an asshole. And anybody that thinks he is going to represent a massive shift in SCOTUS is likely going to be disappointed. He seems to be truly in Kennedy's mold. That makes what the dumocrats did all the worse.
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

11:00 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #925

Luke's Dad wrote: Let me blunt. I don't particularly care for Kavanaugh. He is likely a fine person, but back in HS, I likely would have thought he was an asshole. And anybody that thinks he is going to represent a massive shift in SCOTUS is likely going to be disappointed. He seems to be truly in Kennedy's mold. That makes what the dumocrats did all the worse.
I think you're pretty close. He's not as conservative as Gorsuch, but he probably is a bit to the right of Kennedy. I'd place him similar to John Roberts.

Again, I also agree with you that the "die on this hill" fight by the Dems was simply stupid. I really think it was a political ploy that backfired.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

11:01 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #926

Luke's Dad wrote: Let me blunt. I don't particularly care for Kavanaugh. He is likely a fine person, but back in HS, I likely would have thought he was an asshole. And anybody that thinks he is going to represent a massive shift in SCOTUS is likely going to be disappointed. He seems to be truly in Kennedy's mold. That makes what the dumocrats did all the worse.
I agree with you 100%

I also agree what the dems did to him without evidence is a total disgrace and not just politics.  You don’t get to ruin a person and go around the law to get your way.  That is more important than everything else that might be wrong with Kavanaugh.  

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

11:16 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #927

My goodness, how pathetic can you get?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/05/us/p ... ation.html

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

11:21 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #928

“It is not something we are eager to do,” Mr. Nadler said in an interview. “
Oh. My. Sides.
- Mik, 6/14/08

Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!

11:21 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #929

Wow, first Trump made liberals love the FBI, and conservatives hate them, and no whe has liberals hating them and conservatives loving them again. He is amazing.

Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!
Mikhailoh
HOLY CARP!!!

11:36 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #930

Let them keep trumpeting these Quixotic promises before the election.  It will just lose them more independent votes and likely some blue collar Dems too. 

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

12:01 AM - Oct 06, 2018 #931

Shot: 

Murkowski: "He is a good man. He is a good judge, but...he is not the right man for the Supreme Court."

Whatever that means.

Chaser:

Sarah Palin: "I can see 2022 from my house!"
- Mik, 6/14/08

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

12:55 AM - Oct 06, 2018 #932

Davis wrote: My goodness, how pathetic can you get?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/05/us/p ... ation.html
That's a special kind of stupid.
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Copper
HOLY CARP!!!
Copper
HOLY CARP!!!

9:31 PM - Oct 06, 2018 #933

The Confederate soldier was peculiar in that he was ever ready to fight, but never ready to submit to the routine duty and discipline of the camp or the march. The soldiers were determined to be soldiers after their own notions, and do their duty, for the love of it, as they thought best. Carlton McCarthy

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

10:46 PM - Oct 06, 2018 #934

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

11:01 PM - Oct 06, 2018 #935

Davis wrote: I’ll bet Michael Avenatti really thought he was going to be the difference maker.  I’m thinking his fifteen minutes of fame are up.
- Mik, 6/14/08

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

1:03 AM - Oct 07, 2018 #936

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

1:39 PM - Oct 07, 2018 #937

Even the NYT called Avenatti the turning point.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/06/us/p ... york-times

If you watched Avenatti’s twitter feed for the last week and the narrative he built and his presence on TV, you would have seen his strategy to sink Kavanaugh.  And he was oh so sure that he was God and omnipotent.    I know the smack down hurts him like nothing else and he is likely to be a pariah for a long time.   Worth an expose in its own right.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

12:58 AM - Oct 08, 2018 #938

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Remember the letter turned in by Blasey's old live-in? That relationship has now been confirmed, along with the time-frame he said the relationship existed.

Since it has also come to light that McLean may have tried to tamper with a witness, and it also appears her Delaware home was where Blasey was staying while hiding from the Senate, perhaps he wasn't telling tales when he said Blasey had coached McLean on taking a lie detector test.

I think Cocaine Mitch is still very interested in Ms. McLean. I also wonder if McLean can be tied into the FBI Never-Trumpers? My, wouldn't that be interesting?

Sent from my B3-A30 using Tapatalk

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:07 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #939

They should change Christine Ford's name to Christine Columbus.

She left not knowing where she was going, she didn't know where she was when she got there, and when she left she didn't know where she'd been. And she told about it on somebody else's money...
Of the Pokatwat Tribe

Larry
HOLY CARP!!!
Larry
HOLY CARP!!!

2:18 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #940

Of the Pokatwat Tribe