xenon
Senior Carp
xenon
Senior Carp

March 12th, 2018, 4:03 pm #21

Also Davis. I would disagree with the characterization that we made an economic decision after 9/11.

I think people were very scared. We gave up a lot of freedoms and privacy in the name of security. Other countries that get attacked more regularly may make a more economically minded decision about these sort of things. Americans in general are in a lot more fear than they were in the 90s.

Davis
Fulla-Carp
Davis
Fulla-Carp

March 12th, 2018, 4:12 pm #22

xenon wrote:Also Davis. I would disagree with the characterization that we made an economic decision after 9/11.

I think people were very scared. We gave up a lot of freedoms and privacy in the name of security. Other countries you get attacked more regularly may make a more economically minded decision about these sort of things. Americans in general are in a lot more fear than they were in the 90s.
To clarify, the decision to stay, not the decision to intercede. We had to take out Bin Laden for many reasons. If we leave now how long until the next Bin Laden or ISIS rises up? I’m not saying we stay just pointing out what should be obvious.

The old rant was we were just there for the oil.

Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 2:11 am #23

Davis wrote:The old rant was we were just there for the oil.
That rant applied only to the second Iraq war, not the Afghan war.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 2:57 am #24

xenon wrote:You have the solution right above your post, Davis. Nukes.
Nah, use neutron bombs. The stink will die down in a few months and the new inhabitants can use the buildings.... :smokin:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 3:30 am #25

Jolly wrote:
Nah, use neutron bombs. The stink will die down in a few months and the new inhabitants can use the buildings.... :smokin:
Wouldn’t achieve Larry’s stated objective of making it uninhabitable.
That said, neutron bomb is also technically a type of nuke.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 12:21 pm #26

Axtremus wrote:
Jolly wrote:
Wouldn’t achieve Larry’s stated objective of making it uninhabitable.
That said, neutron bomb is also technically a type of nuke.
Now, you're just splitting hairs... :tongue:
The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!
Luke's Dad
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 12:32 pm #27

How about a couple titanium rods about the size of telephone poles dropped from space?
The problem with having an open mind is that people keep trying to put things in it.

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 12:48 pm #28

I'd like to see Larry push the button that kills 35 million men, women and children.

Would you push it, Larry?

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 12:51 pm #29

Klaus wrote:I'd like to see Larry push the button that kills 35 million men, women and children.

Would you?

Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!
Axtremus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 12:52 pm #30

Luke's Dad wrote:How about a couple titanium rods about the size of telephone poles dropped from space?
Still would not achieve Larry’s stated objective of making it uninhabitable.
If anything, it will probably till the soil and make the land more fertile.
(Not much better for agriculture without sufficient supply of water, of course.)

Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!
Klaus
HOLY CARP!!!

March 13th, 2018, 1:11 pm #31

Jolly wrote:
Klaus wrote:I'd like to see Larry push the button that kills 35 million men, women and children.

Would you?
No.

I'm not the one who is advocating mass murder on a scale that would make Stalin and Hitler look like doves.