bachophile
HOLY CARP!!!
bachophile
HOLY CARP!!!

5:00 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #21

Mazal tov
"I don't know much about classical music. For years I thought the Goldberg Variations were something Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg did on their wedding night." Woody Allen

Rainman
Fulla-Carp
Rainman
Fulla-Carp

5:08 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #22

Happy Anniversary, Dr. George and the Mrs.!
Must seem like just yesterday's yesterday!
41 years. W00t!
:party:

Friday
Fulla-Carp
Friday
Fulla-Carp

5:24 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #23

Ahhhhh, what a good looking couple.

Congrats George.

George K
HOLY CARP!!!
George K
HOLY CARP!!!

11:51 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #24

Thanks, all!

So...backstory.

In February of 1976, the divorce of me and my ex was finalized. I just started my internship in January, and was having a great time.

In October of that year, I had a rotation through the ICU, where Mrs. George was a nurse. One day, being the naif I was, I sat down at a table in the cafeteria where a bunch of nurses (among them the future Mrs. George) and other interns were having breakfast. She had heard that I had gotten divorced not too long ago, and the last thing she wanted was somebody on the rebound. She completely ignored me.

About a week later, when I was on call, a bunch of us decided to order Chinese for delivery. Mrs. George was among the group (still ignoring me), and she ordered ... a burger.

Then, in mid-November, it was a Friday night, and we were all at the local watering hole, celebrating the end of the week. Mrs. George was there, and, being the naif I was, I started talking to her. I finally suggested that we have dinner the next evening, and she agreed. One thing led to another and we went out about 5-6 times over the next couple of weeks.

Finally, in mid-December, 8 weeks after I had met her, and about 4 weeks after we went out for the first time, I said, "You know, we seem to get along pretty well. What do you think about getting married?"

And, 6 months later, we did.
"Now look here, you Baltic gas passer... "
- Mik, 6/14/08

A guide to GKSR: Click

Nothing is as effective as homeopathy.

Optimistic
HOLY CARP!!!
Optimistic
HOLY CARP!!!

1:25 AM - Jun 13, 2018 #25

Awwwwwww. :heart:
PHOTOS

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week, sometimes, to make it up.
- Mark Twain

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot

jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!
jon-nyc
HOLY CARP!!!

1:29 AM - Jun 13, 2018 #26

Wow, George, that timeline is remarkably similar to my parents. I mean, give or take a couple of decades.

They met in September, got engaged two months (to the day) later, and got married 7 months (to the day) after that.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!
Aqua Letifer
HOLY CARP!!!

1:11 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #27

Really like that story. :)
I cite irreconcilable differences.

Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!
Jolly
HOLY CARP!!!

2:12 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #28

In all seriousness...This old world would be a much better place, if all marriages were as stable as George's. It takes a lot of love and commitment to stay together through the ups and downs of life.

The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.- George Soros

brenda
HOLY CARP!!!
brenda
HOLY CARP!!!

3:43 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #29

Sweet story, George. :)
?Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.?
~A.A. Milne