New CVA mountain rifle

ricoh
Addict!!
Addict!!
ricoh
Addict!!
Addict!!

March 8th, 2018, 6:39 pm #1

Did a bunch of research on all the new muzzle loaders on the market now. Still sorry I sold my Savage ml 10. Looked seriously at the new Remington bolt action but by the time you put bases rings and a scope on it you are getting close to 12 lbs. Too heavy for this 66 yr old. Lol. Big time accurate rifle. Don't like Traditionsor T Center. Ended up buying a new CVA Accura mr. Decided on this 25" barrel black nitride coated little beauty. Came with a scope and case for the price of the bare rifle. It has a 3 x 9 40mm Konus scope. I have a Vortex cross fire 1 x 4 scope that is wayyyy higher end so will switch it out. Have most of my stuff together. Will shoot Blackhorn 209 powder , CCI 209 magnum primers and Barnes 290 gr T Ez bullets to start. Come on spring.
Chevy Trucks, Black Widow bows, Sako rifles and my grandkids.

Judge
Regular
Judge
Regular

March 9th, 2018, 1:55 am #2

ricoh wrote:Did a bunch of research on all the new muzzle loaders on the market now. Still sorry I sold my Savage ml 10. Looked seriously at the new Remington bolt action but by the time you put bases rings and a scope on it you are getting close to 12 lbs. Too heavy for this 66 yr old. Lol. Big time accurate rifle. Don't like Traditionsor T Center. Ended up buying a new CVA Accura mr. Decided on this 25" barrel black nitride coated little beauty. Came with a scope and case for the price of the bare rifle. It has a 3 x 9 40mm Konus scope. I have a Vortex cross fire 1 x 4 scope that is wayyyy higher end so will switch it out. Have most of my stuff together. Will shoot Blackhorn 209 powder , CCI 209 magnum primers and Barnes 290 gr T Ez bullets to start. Come on spring.
You may want to go with shot gun primers .
Amherstburg Ontario Deer ,Bear, Moose, Turkey, and Coyotes.

Hunting, ice fishing, hunting, woodcarving, did I mention, hunting.

ricoh
Addict!!
Addict!!
ricoh
Addict!!
Addict!!

March 10th, 2018, 1:00 am #3

They are shotgun primers. They are magnum 209 shotgun primers.
Chevy Trucks, Black Widow bows, Sako rifles and my grandkids.

thomasan
Sophmore
thomasan
Sophmore

July 27th, 2018, 7:39 am #4

Nice choice. Had one of the original MR's and I was very pleased with its performance.
My hunting rig: 08 Tacoma with 3" lift, 32" firestone tires, smitty winch, road armor bumper