cellular cameras

wilebski
Advanced Hunter
wilebski
Advanced Hunter

December 18th, 2017, 5:01 pm #1

I was wondering how the new cellular trail cameras are to use?
I know moultrie & U-way have... How does it go with the cell phone company?
Can you send pic to e-mail's or just smart phones?
Anybody spent the money, saves time when you are miles away...

dobber
Know it all
Know it all
dobber
Know it all
Know it all

December 19th, 2017, 2:06 pm #2

i have thought about it but where my place is i normally only get the US cell service from their tower. I know people down where i work that have them sent from the camera to their phone, didn't get details on it though as to costs
condescending twat
Someone who looks down on other people and is beyond arrogant

wilebski
Advanced Hunter
wilebski
Advanced Hunter

December 19th, 2017, 2:30 pm #3

It sure would be nice to leave something up & not worry about going back to get the camera.
Also get pictures of what is happening in real time...
I suppose change batteries once in a while, or go solar...
Just wondering how they work, cost$$$ if there worth it...

steve
Regular
steve
Regular

December 19th, 2017, 11:45 pm #4

I got a spypoint through Tracer( on this fourm) and have the pics sent to my I- pad. There are different plans to choose from and I picked the most expensive one with unlimited pictures as I usually leave my cameras out all year. It is 22 bucks a month. I can also change the settings on the camera using the app on the iPad. So far , I like the camera, it is working well and I don t have to go out to check the camera for pics.

farmerbrian1982
Sophmore

December 20th, 2017, 2:22 pm #5

Steve, is that 22$ a month for unlimited pics from one camera or multiple cameras?

wilebski
Advanced Hunter
wilebski
Advanced Hunter

December 20th, 2017, 2:35 pm #6

Is it sent to an e-mail address? Or a phone address like your phone number/text???

steve
Regular
steve
Regular

December 20th, 2017, 11:58 pm #7

It is sent to a phone address and is 22 bucks a month for one camera. There are three month plans and other plans that limit the number of pics per month. I have it sent to my iPad because I didn t know if my phone bill would go up with a few hundred pics being sent to it every month. I now think that it wouldn’t but my phone is old and the screen is a bit small. Lots of info on the spypoint website or pm Tracer for info and pricing.
It is sent to a phone address and is 22 bucks a month for one camera. There are three month plans and other plans that limit the number of pics per month. I have it sent to my iPad because I didn t know if my phone bill would go up with a few hundred pics being sent to it every month. I now think that it wouldn’t but my phone is old and the screen is a bit small. Lots of info on the spypoint website or pm Tracer for info and pricing.

wilebski
Advanced Hunter
wilebski
Advanced Hunter

December 21st, 2017, 2:33 pm #8

I might look into that.. How often do you change batteries?
Same as regular camera?

steve
Regular
steve
Regular

December 21st, 2017, 10:18 pm #9

Batteries seem to last about the same as my other spypoint, maybe a bit less.

CDN Hunter
Great White Hunter!
CDN Hunter
Great White Hunter!

December 22nd, 2017, 12:37 pm #10

I have two Uways. MB500 and MB600. They work great with a texting plan. 15 dollar pay as you go unlimited texting plan. It’s a monthly deal. Can turn off or on whoever you want. Couple with some lithium’s they go for months in a typical area (less if on bait). Once pic is taken I get pic on my phone within 45 seconds. Great tool

Cdn Hunter