2018 hunting plans

dobber
Know it all
Know it all
dobber
Know it all
Know it all

March 21st, 2018, 2:39 pm #1

well for those that do still come here, whats the hunting plans for this year? any big trips lined up

I am heading back to South Africa for my third trip, this time with the wife, she will do some local site seeing stuff while i do some hunting and plan on climbing a mountain while there. There are some caves on this mountain that have some cave paintings going back many years, and while i have seen my fair share of street art in Detroit and Chicago i really want to see where it all started lol.
Will be doing a cull hunt to keep the costs down, but also want a particular Kudu that we saw last year but couldn't close the deal. The SA hunts aren't all what they show on TV either, i really need to be in shape for some of the hills the PH takes me up, lots of walking and stalking. But the mountain is my goal this year so hope the weather cooperates and my body holds together

I did ask the PH to find out about doing the shark cage thing with the Great Whites, will see if we can pull that off, have a go pro that i will certainly strap on for that if it happens

Still looking at a Newf moose hunt, but might have to put that on hold since i am not sure about work, and of course the deer hunt in NWO, with the amount of 2.5yr old bucks i saw last year am hoping for some bigger and more mature bucks this fall
condescending twat
Someone who looks down on other people and is beyond arrogant

G SKINNER
Regular

March 21st, 2018, 9:15 pm #2

Good luck in S.A. Dobber... My plans are simple and local ...Carp and Turkeys for spring ..... 3D practice threw the summer ... Fall moose deer and bear .
Glen
GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE !

MJewell
A wise one
A wise one
MJewell
A wise one
A wise one

March 22nd, 2018, 12:46 am #3

Staying in Ontario as usual. Turkey in the spring with bow an gun. Archery an black powder for deer an rifle for moose possibly archery if we draw a tag.
When the peep is brown; Let the string sing!!!
Hoyt Rampage XT 28" 55lbs, Hoyt CRX32 Blackout 27.5" @ 55lbs
Darkhorse Staff Shooter www.darkhorsearchery.ca
ECO3/LOG6 Staff Shooter

timbrhuntr
Advanced Hunter
timbrhuntr
Advanced Hunter

March 22nd, 2018, 4:39 am #4

I've never been much for posting my hunting plans but here goes. In a few weeks headed to Nebraska and kansas for archery turkey then sd wy and Montana for spring gun turkey. Back to Ontario and Michigan for spring gun turkey. Then lay low for the summer. Sept head to montana fir archery antelope and mule deer and do some elk scouting. Then archery whitetail in kentucky kansas ontario and michigan. Cant wait to get going on another season . Good luck in Africa never had any interest in going there myself.

4ST EYES
Advanced Hunter
4ST EYES
Advanced Hunter

March 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm #5

I always wanted to try an African hunt but finances don't jive with my dreams. I'll stick to Ontario for moose and deer rifle seasons. I may get in some duck/goose field hunting this fall also. Summer time is for fishing (walleyes beware) and soaking up the sun.
EYES ARE WATCHING

Judge
Regular
Judge
Regular

March 22nd, 2018, 3:54 pm #6

Plans for this year , OH wait the wife hasn't told me yet.
I will get back to you when she does.
Amherstburg Ontario Deer ,Bear, Moose, Turkey, and Coyotes.

Hunting, ice fishing, hunting, woodcarving, did I mention, hunting.

dobber
Know it all
Know it all
dobber
Know it all
Know it all

March 22nd, 2018, 9:17 pm #7

The SA hunt isn't for everyone, but it was something completely different than i expected thats for sure, thought driving around or over water holes, well nothing even close to that lol, at least not with the guy i am going with. Makes you work for them thats for sure, doing a cull hunt so that keeps the costs down, 7 animals for $2700 over 7 days and then can literally pick off the menu but no pressure, but this time i really want to climb the cockscomb mountain
http://epmcsa.org.za/cockscomb/
condescending twat
Someone who looks down on other people and is beyond arrogant

G SKINNER
Regular

March 22nd, 2018, 10:00 pm #8

Good luck play safe and don't fall !
Glen
GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE !

ONbuckhunter
Addict!!
Addict!!

March 24th, 2018, 10:52 pm #9

Well I don’t have anything really cool planned. Depending on moose group and tags we may do a fly out moose hunt way up North in Ontario with guns. But other than that just turkey, bass fishing tournies and focusing on putting a big buck on the ground.
I don't always chase tail, but when I do; its whitetail. Stay camo my friends.

forkhorn
Addict!!
Addict!!

March 27th, 2018, 9:48 pm #10

Going to stay around here. Unless I hit it big .. lol. But did a career change that will give me way more free time so I can’t wait to hit the soft water. Was going t start doing tournaments again but after several discussion I am might just go on so quality trips with some buddies instead for the same cost and less stress.. lol. Starting with my first trip to Rainy River if the ice ever goes off. Then stealhead after that. Last year I got a bull tag so my only option would be to try to get a cow archery tag.. so I might hold off as well. Then just focus on the bucks.